Sign in to follow this  
staccato

I get ripped off twice in 1 week!

lilythepink

Oh my goodness. That isn't fair. Insured mail means just that - insured mail.

Have you reported to CW?

And calm down - you need a good supper soon, I think!

kebs

Not sure about your seller, but I often will cover the insurance side myself as long as it's been paid for, mostly on low price items.. It's just to much of a headache to try to claim from the post office! I do however state this in an email to the buyer..

Digital Wolf

To the buyer - just send an email to seller asking them to refund the insurance amount.

If they refuse, just send evidence, your order number, the tracking number (it's a PE ordinary not PA insured) and a snapshot of the postage sticker that indicates the cost to community watch.

Not sure about your seller, but I often will cover the insurance side myself as long as it's been paid for, mostly on low price items.. It's just to much of a headache to try to claim from the post office! I do however state this in an email to the buyer..

Just a warning, you're not allowed to do that, it is against the law. It's covered under one of the Short Term Insurance acts. If the buyer pays for insurance, you HAVE TO insure the parcel.

For low price items add another post office shipping method with no insurance rates.

staccato

It's not the money, just a few Rands, it's the principle! How many buyers don't even check this and the seller scores money for jam! All the "few Rands" he gets each time adds up to a lot over time.

staccato
Oh my goodness. That isn't fair. Insured mail means just that - insured mail.

Have you reported to CW?

And calm down - you need a good supper soon, I think!

Hopefully CW sees my post. Not worth all the hassle. As for a "good supper soon", that's a brilliant idea! I take it that's an invitation? Thanks in advance lol...:awesome:

MiemsJewels
It's not the money, just a few Rands, it's the principle! How many buyers don't even check this and the seller scores money for jam! All the "few Rands" he gets each time adds up to a lot over time.

If I may ask Staccato, how much insurance did you pay on the R1 item? Did it include the shipping?

According to the post office, all parcels under R100 is automatically insured.

On an item of R1 you only pay 3c insurance. So you are insured only for R1. Makes no sense to me.

Edited by MiemsJewels

staccato
If I may ask Staccato, how much insurance did you pay on the R1 item? Did it include the shipping?

According to the post office, all parcels under R100 is automatically insured.

On an item of R1 you only pay 3c insurance. So you are insured only for R1. Makes no sense to me.

Shipping was R65, I was charged an extra R1.04 insurance for a R1 item!

Edited by staccato

voldermort

actually you are aware that anything marked as under R100 sent via insured shipping gets rounded off to R100 by the GPO? therefore even if you buy an item for R1 the insurance will be charged at R3.00 therefore the person you bought this item from actually lost out on the insurance?

staccato
actually you are aware that anything marked as under R100 sent via insured shipping gets rounded off to R100 by the GPO? therefore even if you buy an item for R1 the insurance will be charged at R3.00 therefore the person you bought this item from actually lost out on the insurance?

He didn't lose out because he never insured the item, it arrived "ordinary parcel" with a PE tracking number, insured items have a PA tracking number

voldermort

perchance as Kebs said, if it had gone astray he would have refunded you himself? but just to clarify, you are upset about him charging you R1.04 for insurance that never materialised but not upset about paying R65.00 postage for a small scissors?

Edited by voldermort

MiemsJewels
He didn't lose out because he never insured the item, it arrived "ordinary parcel" with a PE tracking number, insured items have a PA tracking number

Perhaps that's why he did not insure the item Staccato. It would have cost him R3. As for the shipping like Voldermort mentioned, now THATS a total rip-off. The shipping which included packing material Jiffy bag etc.should have been no more than R40

Edited by MiemsJewels

lilythepink
Hopefully CW sees my post. Not worth all the hassle. As for a "good supper soon", that's a brilliant idea! I take it that's an invitation? Thanks in advance lol...:awesome:

Yes, that's an invitation! Just check with me a day or so beforehand to make sure we're available!

staccato
perchance as Kebs said, if it had gone astray he would have refunded you himself? but just to clarify, you are upset about him charging you R1.04 for insurance that never materialised but not upset about paying R65.00 postage for a small scissors?

I would hardly think a 300mm tailor's scissors is small, a good quality one these days goes for R150.00 to R200.00. Unfortunately, this one was very poor quality. Was advertised as "all steel" but was cast iron. If you accept charges for postage with insurance then thats exactly what you should get, an insured item!

Vegar

You are not allowed to charge for insurance and then claim to "insure" the item yourself - you are not an insurance company and are not licensed to trade as such.

If I buy from you and pay the 3% insurance I expect it to be insured by SAPO or the courier service.

Vegar

All insured parcels under R100 cost R3 and you can charge that for a R1 auction item ... as a minimum insurance fee.

Danie M

In my opinion all the chatter in this thread is in vain ?

My understanding is that under the new consumers protection act the parcel stays the sellers risk until collected for by the buyer, insured or not. If you choose to insure the parcel it would be for your (the sellers protection) the buyers protection has been taken care of in the new act I never insure ,Pack properly ,Label the package well and carry the risk and have not been disappointed in well over six years