Sign in to follow this  
SnapDeals

People are weird ...

SnapDeals

TL;DR Version:

I notify the client that things are not looking good with regards to fulfilling his full order.

Client Response: [it showed] on the bidorbuy listing as available, Please send [me] the kits I ordered. [i don't] want the refund.

Response: Please note that a listing in itself does not constitute availability [and] the listing did state: "All orders subject to stock availability".

Client Response: I trust u will source them for me and deliver it.

So the client is now expecting me to deliver him something that is possibly discontinued and not available in SA any more. :cry:

Longer version:

I'm new to the whole selling thing so I've been listing a few things here and there to see how things work and have already hit quite a few potholes. But that is why I started small and also kept the items small to lessen my risk and exposure and the comments and experiences portrayed on these forums helped a lot, thank you guys.

But on to my story. People are weird. I work with people every day of my life, but this is a whole other ball game. I have one semi-impatient buyer on my hands that started off our little relationship with becoming impatient because I did not answer his questions, posted at 4am, within 5 hours. But ok, lets give the client a chance. Client bought and paid for some makeup kits via bobpay and I did my duty and dispatched his stuff directly from 2 different supplier warehouses asap. One of the items in one of the kits became dislodged somehow and destroyed the rest of the kit. Arranged an RMA request on behalf of the client and FedEx is due to pick up the item in question early next week. Client was ecstatic, to say the least, and ordered a few extra items.

At that time I warned the client that the stock was low: "current stock count at the warehouse is dwindling and we are unfortunately unable to reserve or order stock without a cleared payment"

When the client got around to payment the stock was completely depleted and I informed the client about this and that we might be able to source more in 7 days. After phoning around a bit things did not look good as the supplier completely removed the item from their order lists. So I couriered the client a complementary makeup set similar to the one he ordered and a heartfelt apology explaining that things are not looking good with regards to obtaining more stock, offering a full refund for the set already being RMA'd and all the additional sets he ordered:

Client Response: [it showed] on the bidorbuy listing as available, Please send [me] the kits I ordered. [i don't] want the refund.

Response: Please note that a listing in itself does not constitute availability [and] the listing did state: "All orders subject to stock availability".

Client Response: I trust u will source them for me and deliver it.

So the client is now expecting me to deliver him something that is possibly discontinued and not available in SA any more. :cry:

People are weird.

admin

Hi SnapDeals,

Welcome to the Forums.

Please take note that you may only list items that you have in your possession.

1. The following policies apply to all listings and are strictly prohibited:

1.4. Listing of items where the Seller is not physically in possession of the goods for sale (for example listing an item as a "pre-order" or where the seller's shipment has not yet arrived). This excludes Sellers operating on a "dropship" or consignment basis where the Seller has a proven track record and an established relationship with a supplier that ships directly to their Buyers. Permission needs to be obtained from bidorbuy and approval is entirely at the discretion of bidorbuy.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/help/444/Listing_Policy

SnapDeals

Thank you for your post. I missed that one. Luckily all my listed items at this stage are on-hand (proof available at a moments notice). I work in an environment where we work on consignment basis quite regularly and drop-shipping is commonplace where it is cheaper for me to pay my courier to pick up and deliver straight to the client than pickup, deliver to us, pickup again and deliver to the client. How do I go about obtaining permission for future items I might want to list like this?

admin

Unfortunately drop shipping has resulted in too many non delivery issues that has resulted in criminal - and civil cases being opened by buyers and no new requests will be approved as from 15/01/2013.

SnapDeals

Thank you for the prompt response. That is sad to hear. Might I suggest a change in the relevant policy page to reflect this? Does this also impact consignment orders that are on-hand?

admin

The policy will not be changed, approval for established businesses with a proven track record for drop shipping is still at the discretion of Management. As long as you have the items on hand, how you deliver them is between you and your buyer.

SnapDeals

I suggested a change be noted on the page containing the policy, not the policy itself :blink1: