Sign in to follow this  
chaddelport

Mad and Bummed????? WTF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chaddelport    10
chaddelport

Am very curious on how , when you have bid on something, and increased you bid limit , i.e.... winning bid, R 586.00, as well as having increased your auto bid to R 650.00 then as you wa6tch the clock tick down for 15 mins, and then have it say auction closed , but then to be told that you have been outbid, this has happened twice to me, the first was purchasing a engagement ring worth over R 40 000.00 and my winning bid was R 6 500.00, are these sellers capping their products and if bid not high enough catching us... so Fuc...................d off,

Please respond as I feel this is rigged,

Expect a reply and understanding on why I did not win , what I really need.

Chad

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Chad...

Welcome to the Forum!

I can understand why you are frustrated.

In each listing there is a 'Report A Problem' button. Short of that, Admin 'walks these halls' and I am sure one of them will be along soon to answer your inquiry.

It may be something as simple as the Seller just closing the auction early, or it could be something 'not allowed' (Shill Bidding) and then closing the auction. BoB takes the latter VERY seriously and, if they are made aware of it, 'nip it in the bud'.

I would hope your future shopping experience on BoB is a pleasant one.

Ruthie

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Agree with Ruthie. The BOB team do take action against seller doing illegal actions. Just report it to them

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Or maybe, just maybe, there was another buyer who was also waiting until the last minute to pounce in with their bid?

Heaven knows that I've been watching a listing with baited breath only to be outbid at the last second - and I'm sure I've frustrated plenty of other buyers out there by doing the same thing - placing my final bid in the last seconds before the listing is due to close thereby outbidding the previous bidder and not giving them a chance to put in another bid.