Sign in to follow this  
Willcronje

Question to Sellers: how long do you take to ship in stock item?

Willcronje    10
Willcronje

Ahoy everyone.

I have bought a few items on here - and every time the item was shipped the very next day. Or the seller would explain the reason for a delay. I have had no issues thus far.

So wednesday i ordered two items from different sellers I have already received the one item (super seller) but not the other. So I've been trying to reach the other seller with no success. Ive left a few voicemails as well as sent 3 emails. The questions i left in the QnA section were also left unanswered.

Its only a few days since i ordered, so Im not annoyed by the fact that i haven't received my order. But some feedback would be appreciated..

What do i do now? How long is an acceptable time to wait for feedback? I don't want to be nasty and leave a negative rating for no valid reason.

Any comment from sellers would be appreciated since i have dealt with some of you - and always received top notch service.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I can only speak for ourselves, but we ship in line with our shipping schedule which is detailed under the shipping tab in our listings.

Due to circumstances (ie me being in the shop every single day, all day), I can only work on orders / parcels after hours so I post out parcels once a week (usually Thursday mornings, but if I'm ahead of schedule, then I go to the PO on a Wed morning before opening the shop).

Sometimes as a seller I am unable to respond to buyer's queries as quickly as I'd like to (usually due to other household responsibilities or the query is way after hours), but I try and respond when I can - even if it is just "I am not at the office right now but will reply in detail when I can".

And other times (like this coming up weekend), I will be out of town for a few days so can only respond when we return. I have an ancient cellphone which cannot access my emails and I do not take the laptop when we travel so am not available at a moment's notice, but we do try and get to an internet café at least once a day or so just to check that nothing needs my urgent attention.

But I am guessing that not all sellers are as dedicated to customer service like we are, so you will find a handful of sellers who for some reason or another will not respond as quickly as the buyer would like.

Ultimately, in my opinion, if you have not had a response from the seller within seven days from the transaction / auction closing or from your initial correspondence, then I would expect you to go ahead with at least a neutral rating of "no response from seller" and to take it from there. You can always change a rating if the need arises...

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

It is hard to say what is appropriate but I agree with Cali Craft re the 7 days. I also don't get to post daily as I live in the bush and go the the nearest Village PO twice a week (as per my Shipping info). So even if they post once a week you should get feedback within a week. I often get buyers emailing or sending messages as soon as payment made to notify me and to ask for tracking info. I usually send a quick reply to let them know when their parcel will be posted just so they know, but as Was mentioned above ...we all do things differently. Hope you get some feedback soon ...perhaps they haven't had internet access or something that they have been unable to respond.