Sign in to follow this  
rank32

parcel damaged and goods stolen

rank32

hi , yes I sent a parcel from joburg to witbank (A4 Paper and labels) my customer called me to say the parcel had been damaged and a sticker from the post office on it saying "found opend or damaged" 2 of the packs of labels I had sent to my customer were missing!

Little Miss Muffet

I am waiting since 6th Oct for a parcel that was sent for investigation because it was damaged.

If and when I receive it and anything is stolen I am going to send them a parcel with a surprise in it I am plotting my revenge:shock::huh:

Just Beachin

I believe, it is the receiver of the packages' responsibility,to report a problem at the time of collection, (at the P.O). And having said that, you will never receive any kind of apology or compensation from the P.O unless you insured. So the bottom line is you need to make the buyer as happy as you can buy offering replacements or a refund. But as they say, that's how the cookie crumbles and most of us long timers dust off on a regular basis:bigsmile:

lilythepink

I agree with Just Beach! But when a customers knows your normal postage is insured mail and they ask for it to go registered, I let them know that it is their responsibility if there is anything wrong with the parcel.

YiaYia1

The insurance is a minimal amount... All parcels should be posted with insurance, no option.

Little Miss Muffet
I believe, it is the receiver of the packages' responsibility,to report a problem at the time of collection, (at the P.O). And having said that, you will never receive any kind of apology or compensation from the P.O unless you insured. So the bottom line is you need to make the buyer as happy as you can buy offering replacements or a refund. But as they say, that's how the cookie crumbles and most of us long timers dust off on a regular basis:bigsmile:

I have a problem with this insurance thingy. As far as I know if we want to claim we have to prove the item was worth the amount it was insured for. We can do this through our Bidorbuy sales.

If we insure a diamond ring worth 10,000 then the thief ,if there is one , is tempted to steal the parcel. I mean we have to state exactly what is in the parcel in order to claim if it is lost.

Just Beachin
I have a problem with this insurance thingy. As far as I know if we want to claim we have to prove the item was worth the amount it was insured for. We can do this through our Bidorbuy sales.

If we insure a diamond ring worth 10,000 then the thief ,if there is one , is tempted to steal the parcel. I mean we have to state exactly what is in the parcel in order to claim if it is lost.

LIKE,

me too! it's like waving a red flag at a bull, the poorly paid postal worker knows what ever is inside the insured package has a monetary value, and most post offices lack limited access, any kind of surveillance, or accountability.

lilythepink

No matter how we send things through the Post Office, there is always a risk of something not "getting there".

If a buyer asks me to send registered mail (I normally insure) I do so, but point out that any loss is for their own account.

rank32

I suppose its better and safer just to use a courier huh ?

alloway65
I suppose its better and safer just to use a courier huh ?

The courier business is very competitive these days and their rates in a lot of instances compare favourably with the PO rates.