Sign in to follow this  
Digital Wolf

Fraud. Yes Fraud for shipping something one day late.

Digital Wolf    10
Digital Wolf

So due to an error on our couriers side, a Buy Now was shipped one day late, apologized to the customer, got this reply for the customer by email:

I was supposed to have been in possession of the item by today since this was part and parcel of the contract that was completed between me and once he was informed of my bank transfer, a contract that however was not honored and therefor constitutes Fraud.

So I don’t really understand this e-mail except if you have a new collection address which I would find of interest since I am in Cape Town next week and will then endeavor to find this and explain the errors of his ways to him in order to get my money back or to lay a charge against him.

I don't even know how to to respond, this can't possibly be serious... :wtf:

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

Thats a tough one to answer.... definitely not fraud ! Fraud is wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

This was a human mistake...

In cases like this I try and make up to the buyer to show my sincere apology and to make them understand that it was a human mistake.

I had one case where a buyer paid for postage and insurance, due to human error I forgot to insure the parcel. The parcel arrived safe and sound but naturally my client was upset to see I did not insure as she had paid for it. I made up to her by refunding her the complete cost of the postage and insurance so in effect she got free shipping. It cost me some thing but my client was happy and realised that I was not trying to "fraud" her.

I like the maxim that if you treat an unhappy client well you can turn them into one of your best clients.

I know it is hard to swallow ones pride and apologise and refund but it turns a possibly nasty situation into a peaceful and happy client.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Thats a tough one to answer.... definitely not fraud ! Fraud is wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

This was a human mistake...

In cases like this I try and make up to the buyer to show my sincere apology and to make them understand that it was a human mistake.

I had one case where a buyer paid for postage and insurance, due to human error I forgot to insure the parcel. The parcel arrived safe and sound but naturally my client was upset to see I did not insure as she had paid for it. I made up to her by refunding her the complete cost of the postage and insurance so in effect she got free shipping. It cost me some thing but my client was happy and realised that I was not trying to "fraud" her.

I like the maxim that if you treat an unhappy client well you can turn them into one of your best clients.

I know it is hard to swallow ones pride and apologise and refund but it turns a possibly nasty situation into a peaceful and happy client.

LIKE!!

Beside will more than likely cool down by then and not even bother to follow through:noworry:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

The (name removed) cannot just say you are a fraudster Digital Wolf. In fact calling you a fraudster could land HIM up in court. What about your good name?

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
So due to an error on our couriers side, a Buy Now was shipped one day late, apologized to the customer, got this reply for the customer by email:

I don't even know how to to respond, this can't possibly be serious... :wtf:

Post him a lollypop to suck on while he chills out.and calms down.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Excellent suggestion, mr mouse! Perhaps a bottle of wine will calm his nerves?

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Good grief... we are ALL human and we make mistakes. Can guarantee with 100% accuracy that the Buyer has made a 'boo-boo' or two in his/her life.

I agree, send 'em a chill pill and a bottle of wine to wash it down!

Ruthie

jogesel    10
jogesel

I buy and never sell and always see sellers put in bold in their listings "pay within 24 hours - failure to do so will get item relisted and snc etc, etc, etc." Plenty of rules about payment and buyers obligations but very few about delivery and sellers obligations. It gets irritating after a while.

I am not siding with the buyer but why should buyers always have to comply with their payment obligations in double quick time and then sellers relax and take it easy with the delivery.

I pay for all my items within 24 hours yet at times I have had to wait 2 weeks for seller to contact me and then wait a further wek or two for delivery.

I understand that you had problems with the courrier and buyer should have been more undersytanding but try to also look at it from the buyers point of view. What if he didn't pay on time would you also be so understanding?

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

("I buy and never sell and always see sellers put in bold in their listings "pay within 24 hours - failure to do so will get item relisted and snc etc, etc, etc." Plenty of rules about payment and buyers obligations but very few about delivery and sellers obligations. It gets irritating after a while.

I am not siding with the buyer but why should buyers always have to comply with their payment obligations in double quick time and then sellers relax and take it easy with the delivery.

I pay for all my items within 24 hours yet at times I have had to wait 2 weeks for seller to contact me and then wait a further wek or two for delivery.

I understand that you had problems with the courrier and buyer should have been more undersytanding but try to also look at it from the buyers point of view. What if he didn't pay on time would you also be so understanding?")

Jogesel I agree with you 100%. A human error is an error but still needs to be rectified! It is very frustrating when I pay over night and receive the item late. As I mentioned in my post above if we as sellers make mistakes due to human error we still need to show our side and do what we can to amend the matter. We sellers need to show our integrity and treat each client as an individual.

windrider    10
windrider

I understand that you had problems with the courrier and buyer should have been more undersytanding but try to also look at it from the buyers point of view. What if he didn't pay on time would you also be so understanding?")

Jogesel I agree with you 100%. A human error is an error but still needs to be rectified! It is very frustrating when I pay over night and receive the item late. As I mentioned in my post above if we as sellers make mistakes due to human error we still need to show our side and do what we can to amend the matter. We sellers need to show our integrity and treat each client as an individual.

As someone who buys and never sells, I understand your point. The point being made here is the complete over reaction by the buyer and calling the delay fraud.

staccato    10
staccato

There is always some assole somewhere who is ignorant and "hardegat" and won't listen to reason or even an apology. Welcome to the world of Idiots!

Edited by staccato
spelling

SnapDeals    10
SnapDeals

Unfortunately this is part of the world we live in today. People are not always willing to listen to reason. I see this every Monday at work when we tend to get a lot of nuisance calls from clients about petty things. This is part of the reason why we have been trying to under-promise things to clients to cover ourselves. But we still get people that try to work push you into a corner. Regularly get clients that wait until the very last moment and then do the whole "we are leaving on Friday and we would like X done" thereby giving us only eg. 4 days to do something that takes 5-7 days to complete. Then you push your systems to the max and outside the tested levels of operation to try and accommodate the client, but it does not always work out that way.

These days I prefer to add 24 hours to each step of the shipping process, to cover myself.

Vegar    10
Vegar

I agree with you - the sellers here are very 'chilled' and are washing ethics down with copious amounts of wine ...

If I pay for overnight shipping I expect it to be shipped TODAY - and if there is a problem I want to know about it TODAY and not have my complaint fall on deaf ears.

Of course if the seller is Capetonian then it is a different matter ... now, now means whenever ;-)

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies
I agree with you - the sellers here are very 'chilled' and are washing ethics down with copious amounts of wine ...

If I pay for overnight shipping I expect it to be shipped TODAY - and if there is a problem I want to know about it TODAY and not have my complaint fall on deaf ears.

Of course if the seller is Capetonian then it is a different matter ... now, now means whenever ;-)

I agree 100% !