Sign in to follow this  
SELLERoftheYEAR

Bought "demo" unit advertised as new and in as new condition, what a shock!

SELLERoftheYEAR    10
SELLERoftheYEAR

This is pertaining to the purchase below:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/117393152/Demo_New_ACER_TRAVELMATE_5530G_Win7prof_QUICK_BARGAIN_auction_OLDMANIT_Shop_with_confidence.html

I bought this laptop for my company online. We are in a business complex building. The reception signed for this downstairs, it was not even delivered to my company. When I came back from study leave I got it from security. The box was sealed, and looked great, I duly gave a positive rating. After I opened the box I was horrified. The laptop was FULL of scratches and marks, actually shocking condition. U cannot advertise as new. This was not a DEMO item in a shop, it has way too much damage. No the seller is telling me he does not have to refund me because I did not complain within 7 days, but I did not even sign for the laptop?? I am now redfaced, because I convinced my work to buy all their new laptops on bidorbuy. the other two that was bought is perfect. but this one is embarrasingly bad condition. Now the seller gives me negative rating after i paid almost straight after auction??? Please handle this case as a matter of urgency. I will make a case of fraud against this person. The box was in perfect condition, all the manuals etc, but the inside was a shocking surprise. I will not rest until justice is served. This is false advertising, and gives Bid or buy a bad name.

The Acer box it came in with the manuals etc. serial nr does not even match the serial number on the laptop.:wtf:

qball    11
qball

Bennet is busy dealing with your ticket. Please also send through pictures/photo's of the condition of the item.

Thank you.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
Bennet is busy dealing with your ticket. Please also send through pictures/photo's of the condition of the item.

Thank you.

This is a problem I have complained about many times , a demo unit is not a new unit , and should not be advertised as new , many units are sold as new but are old shopstock , damaged returned after a day or two items that are then sold off to buyers of second hand goods for resale in second hand stores . Demo should not be advertised as new ever.:meh:

qball    11
qball
This is a problem I have complained about many times , a demo unit is not a new unit , and should not be advertised as new , many units are sold as new but are old shopstock , damaged returned after a day or two items that are then sold off to buyers of second hand goods for resale in second hand stores . Demo should not be advertised as new ever.:meh:

Agreed. I have intervened on the buyer's behalf but the seller is being very difficult. The next step is for the buyer to contact the NCC to lodge an official complaint.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
Agreed. I have intervened on the buyer's behalf but the seller is being very difficult. The next step is for the buyer to contact the NCC to lodge an official complaint.

I know this would be a logistical nightmare and nigh on impossible , but ,, I feel all second hand items, demo items , should be represented by an actuall photo of the item , gone are the days when a seller could say sorry i dont have access to a digital camera, it would cut down on a lot of problems .There are enough watchdogs browsing the items to pick up many non compliant sellers.

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

I absolutely agree with mrmouse above. If selling a second hand model or demo model one should have photos of the exact item. In fact I think most items should have photos of the actual item and not images downloaded from the Internet. It takes some time to take your own photo's but it is worth it as it helps avoid all sorts of complications, if things go wrong.