Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Lookin' Out My Back Door...

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Yeppers, looks like Fall has fell. Love the colors, but not the cooler temps. Tree line starts about 15-feet from the back door and nothing but 'critters' for miles. Gotta love the 'boonies'!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4868[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4869[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4870[/ATTACH]

Ruthie

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

​Lovely Ruthie.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Nice.

Getting nice and green over here.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Ruthie. Good for the soul they are.

Cold Sea    0
Cold Sea

Madiba King Protea

This king protea, named Madiba, is also in my backyard. It is about four years old and flowered for the first time this year. Thought I would share this very pretty flower.

IMG_20130910_165932.jpg.3244d2a2bfbe1631a5c592b9ca0b5823.jpg

Derick

IMG_20130910_165909.jpg.f1e915cb4db7bf1b53115661cfe7bf6f.jpg

Edited by Cold Sea

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri
This king protea, named Madiba, is also in my backyard. It is about four years old and flowered for the first time this year. Thought I would share this very pretty flower.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4876[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4877[/ATTACH]

Derick

Superb pics Derick - you should send them to WEG or Getaway!

Pierre

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Derick

Wow - these are really well-coloured for King Proteas! They are stunning.

By the way, do you know that if you want cut Proteas to last and not to shed their "feathers", just put 200ml glycerine per 500 ml in the first water in the vase. Leaves and flowers will dry beautifully and can be used as dry arrangements. In most instances the flowers keep their colours.

Cold Sea    0
Cold Sea
Wow - these are really well-coloured for King Proteas! They are stunning.

By the way, do you know that if you want cut Proteas to last and not to shed their "feathers", just put 200ml glycerine per 500 ml in the first water in the vase. Leaves and flowers will dry beautifully and can be used as dry arrangements. In most instances the flowers keep their colours.

Thanks for the tip Lilythepink. It was a pleasant surprise to see them, so I left them to finish flowering. I will follow your advice next year hopefully.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Derick

So pretty. Fall has its own beauty... as do all seasons, but I sure do miss the 'colors' of spring / summer.

Ruthie