Sign in to follow this  
jpgreenop22

New buyer--what does "Post Office to Counter" mean/entail?

jpgreenop22

Hey there guys.

So, when I ordered my product that's the shipping method I chose because it's cheapest. :bigsmile:

But I just realized I don't what that entails. Bid Or Buy did not ask for my postal adress, They asked for my residential address and postal code on signing up. Is that okay? Or do I have to phone them and give a postal address as well?

Just a bit nervous I guess, as it's my first time, buying.

Any help is appreciated:bigsmile:

Cali Craft and Gems

Firstly - welcome to BoB!

Post office to counter means that the parcel will be delivered to your nearest post office branch and you have to collect it at the counter. (to door will therefore be delivery to your door - usually by means of a courier)

You can change the address on the system to show your postal address yourself - go to the top of the page where you will view the items you've already purchased (My Bidorbuy - usually the landing page when you first log in) and click on "Update your account details" - just follow the onscreen instructions.

Good luck and don't get carried away - BoB (bidorbuy) can be addictive! :)

moodTime

Your nearest post office will send you a collection slip to your residential address notifying you the parcel is waiting collection at the post office branch.

jpgreenop22

I see, thanks for the help guys!:blink1:

Cali Craft and Gems
Your nearest post office will send you a collection slip to your residential address notifying you the parcel is waiting collection at the post office branch.

Keep in mind though that not all post offices will send out a notification slip! After a few days if you have not received any notifications (up to seven working days for certain postage methods), you can take your tracking number to the branch and ask them for assistance in locating your parcel.

lilythepink

Excellent advice, Cali. Not all areas have residential deliveries.

It is always good to advise buyers to take the tracking number in to their local post office if they haven't received notification within 5 to 7 days of the parcel being sent.

jpgreenop22

I see. How to do I view my tracking number? Will it be given to me when the seller sends it through the post? (They are still shipping my product from the international supplier)

NooNooBug

The seller should send the tracking number to you once the parcel has been posted. I am not sure how the drop shippers operate but would suggest you check on the shipping tab of the product you bought to see there info. I presume that once the parcel has been received in SA they will then forward a tracking number to you.