Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

I'll be on National Radio talking about coins this coming Wednesday

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

If any one is interested.

I will be on RSG (Radio Sonder Grense) this coming Wednesday at 11.00 talking to Johan Rademan about coin collecting and dealing in numismatics.

Regards

Pierre

geejay50    10
geejay50

Hi Pierre and all Numismatists,

Great idea, we need more media exposure to improve our shallow market.

I will make a point of listening in.

Geejay

jwither    10
jwither

Because of the time difference, I will not be able to listen in, even if the broadcast is available on the internet. Any advance idea on the specifics of what will be covered?

geejay50    10
geejay50

Hi Pierre,

Well done on the radio, my wife recorded for me on her mobile phone whilst I was at work . You sounded great and from what I heard there were lots of questions from the 'luisteraars' about coins they had - even a pair of 1892 Double shaft Pond and Half Pond raw coins !! Wonder if that was a proper SA 1931 3d that the one 'luisteraar ' spoke about? I didnt know there were British 1931 3ds around in South Africa. Your price of R150k for a 1931 3d was spot on too.

The comentators kept it light and humourous , I wish the English medium component would have such a programme .

Hope it happens again sometime soon?

Geejay

Edited by geejay50

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri
Hi Pierre,

Well done on the radio, my wife recorded for me on her mobile phone whilst I was at work . You sounded great and from what I heard there were lots of questions from the 'luisteraars' about coins they had - even a pair of 1892 Double shaft Pond and Half Pond raw coins !! Wonder if that was a proper SA 1931 3d that the one 'luisteraar ' spoke about? I didnt know there were British 1931 3ds around in South Africa. Your price of R150k for a 1931 3d was spot on too.

The comentators kept it light and humourous , I wish the English medium component would have such a programme .

Hope it happens again sometime soon?

Geejay

Thank you Georg

When I arrived home I was flabbergasted as approx. 200 e-mails were awaiting my response - RSG forwarded all the comments and questions to me. So I am busy as a bee responding to them!

Johan Rademan and I are house friends, so I will probably be called again to the studio for a follow up program. Maybe you can join us next time on air when you visit Cape Town again - although as a Shark supporter you might have to hide that fact!

Pierre

republikein    10
republikein

Goeie dag Pierre - dit was 'n goeie onderhoud en baie insiggewend vir enige voornemende versamelaar. Dalk net te kort om alle aspekte te dek. Hopelik sal dit meer mense aanspoor om die stokperdjie van muntversameling te begin. 'n Goeie advertensie dus! Hoop jy kan iets interessant uit die 200 sms'e en e-posse opspoor.