Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Where's Waldo...

Not1CentMore

Or, rather, Wayne-O? Seems like it's been forever since Wayne walked (or is that stalked) the halls of the Forum.

Perhaps he is just tryin' out new 'stuff'...

vil-surfb_zps3c99eea8.gif

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

alloway65

Wayne has Likeaphobia and really misses the Like button.

Actually he is working an a debt reduction program for the USA to half their debt in 500 years.

lilythepink

I think Wayne is spying on the US, using his enormous hand-held magnifying glass.

Otherwise he's on his other forum which seems to be more favoured than this one!?

JANDS

Last I heard of him he was driving through the Kalahari with a surfboard screwed onto his 1983 black Toyota Corolla. He was stalking innocent Afrikaans chicks in small towns we never heard of. :sneaky: Did he tell you lot he went to the states? :rolleyes:

Not1CentMore
Did he tell you lot he went to the states? :rolleyes:

Yeppers, but goodness, there is the internet and the Post Office and.... no email, no phone call, no post card; kinda like he fell off the face of the earth. I sure do miss his 'twisted' sense of humor.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink

Wayne - where are you, lad?

wayjen

hello possum!!

Sorry for the long delay and there is no excuse not calling Ruthie to say hi but things have been busy this side of the globe. We have moved from one apartment to another bigger place up the road and had to wait for internet to be installed here (only yesterday after about a week or two). I tried to connect a desktop to the internet yesterday and this morning and gave up so tried on our old slow outdated laptop and finally got online.

Lily, I have yet to go on the other forum (must find password), so this is my first post online.

Weather is like a black south easter in Cape Town and although it is autumn (fall), it is a mixture of hot and cool but with strong winds.

Have posted a few pics on Facetube of the area but have yet to upload all pics from the Bahama trip and other places to the pc because I don't have my own pc yet.

lilythepink

Hoorah. The man is back. Have you sold the shopping trolley and got rid of all the bag ladies now that you've moved to another apartment?

And, hey, when do you get back home to SA?

wayjen

ooooh Lily, you must see the stuff this side that could sell on BoB!!!!!

We walked to a Thrift shop near us a month or so ago and saw some awesome items. Just before we moved we went back there and had a conversation with the owner and she and her husband own the shop and also sell on ebay and craigslist etc so we had plenty in common. We bought some items for our new apartment and in the conversation her husband arrived and offered to give us a lift home as they had a big truck and we asked about deliveries and we ended up using him to move our items for a small fee and he went out of his way to help setting stuff up and I went with him to his warehouse to do some stuff. His wife took our details because they expanding the operation sooooo.................

The shops here have awesome items too but postage will kill a person trying to sell that side as Ruthie knows.

The items we have seen in dumpsters are also good enough to sell that side but I have yet to jump in one. In the last apartment we had two families with too many items and they asked if we wanted them and we got a dinner type table and chairs and a dresser and some fantastic big paintings which we donated to the Thrift shop. A friend of our daughter this side also moved so we ended up with a tv and a dining room table and paintings and lamps so thank goodness for the double story we live in.

Jenny and I travel and do some site seeing on the local public transport (bus) and you get a day pass so you can get on and off for the whole day and the first long trip took over and hour until I had to say enough because sitting too long is painful on my lower back.

Not1CentMore

EVERYD12_zpsc0852973.gif, Wayne!

Sounds like ya have been busy, busy, busy. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"... as they say here. So, don't be a stranger on the Forum.

Dumpster diving and curb 'grabbing' sure can save money on GOOD, NEW or NEARLY NEW items... especially when the college kids go home on breaks. They throw everything away from coffee cups to microwaves to color televisions to dorm size refrigerators. Guess when ya are living on Daddy's credit card... Drive by the colleges on my way to the bank or market and I am amazed at the 'stuff' set out on the curb as 'trash'.

Yeppers, postage is 'through the roof' this side. Shoot-a-bug, a padded 000 manila envelope is a minimum of $7.50USD from this side to SA (no 'frills' - insurance or registered). Just shipped a 2-lb parcel to SA USPS Priority Mail Express International Registered/Insured and it cost a whopping $72.50USD. Coulda saved $10.50USD shipping USPS Priority International, but no tracking once parcel left the USA and no insurance (if it goes 'poof' between here and there, my Buyer would be after my head for his $1200.00USD).

Will give ya a 'jingle' next week after I add minutes to my phone.

Ruthie

lilythepink

Wayne - have you emigrated or are you coming back to SA?

You sound very grand with all your talk of "new apartment" over there! And, yes, I guess the Thrift Shops in the US are a tad more fun than ours back here.

wayjen
Wayne - have you emigrated or are you coming back to SA?

You sound very grand with all your talk of "new apartment" over there! And, yes, I guess the Thrift Shops in the US are a tad more fun than ours back here.

I plead the 5th!!!

The thrift store where we made friends is kinda like an antiques shop although they carry similar items that we would find back home.

lilythepink

I am green with envy, Wayne. I guess geewhizz is, too! Can you imagine the two old girls jumping in and out of dumpsters? :shock: (We'd have to get not1centmore to help us, I guess!)

Not1CentMore
Can you imagine the two old girls jumping in and out of dumpsters? :shock: (We'd have to get not1centmore to help us, I guess!)

This old girl has a hard time with ladders now-a-days. Boys won't let me so much as 'look' at a ladder unless one of them is 'mama' sitting... weeble-wabble... BUT, if ya give me a 'boost', I am 'game'! It 'blows my mind' (what little is left) at the perfectly good 'stuff' people just throw away.

Ruthie

wayjen

I am scared I will find a little old lady in a dumpster so I throw our bags in from a distance.

Little Miss Muffet
I am green with envy, Wayne. I guess geewhizz is, too! Can you imagine the two old girls jumping in and out of dumpsters? :shock: (We'd have to get not1centmore to help us, I guess!)

I can "See" very well what you said there Janet "Old girl"..I can't wait to henna my hair a fiery red .There is always botox too.:rolleyes:

redhair.jpg.1961bad554b4d1aa9eafe452799d2643.jpg

Edited by geewhizz