Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

BoB EFT Payment

voldermort    10
voldermort

Just made a payment through BoB EFT & only after I had done the payment I noticed the message below - bn a supremely giddy blonde today & all, I used my own private reference & not the beneficiary reference in my statement (in the BoB reference/statement I used the correct reference).......will this be a problem:

Due to ABSA system issues, please use the bidorbuy beneficiary reference also in your statement reference/your reference.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Just received an email from BoB confirming payment received so it must be fine.

Pathway    10
Pathway

You need to know the 'abcde' ref where you put in the part that goes on your bank statement. For instance, in my bank statement, I see payments to 'Bidorbuy', because that is what I named the beneficiary. Since the notice came up, I now have 'Bidorbuy abcde", or 'Bidorbuy qwert'. I suppose it's so that we have a ref code in case anything goes wrong with the payment - I don't know. Bob also uses ABSA, I think.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
Just made a payment through BoB EFT & only after I had done the payment I noticed the message below - bn a supremely giddy blonde today & all, I used my own private reference & not the beneficiary reference in my statement (in the BoB reference/statement I used the correct reference).......will this be a problem:

Due to ABSA system issues, please use the bidorbuy beneficiary reference also in your statement reference/your reference.

ABSA says it certainly has no issues on their side .They process millions of transactions daily sucessfully, so no need to worry.It makes no difference to BoB or the payment what you use as a reference its solely for your reference , BoB wording can be interpreted differently .

Edited by mrmouse