Sign in to follow this  
1bid_1kill

New user getting frustrated trying to make a credit card payment!!!

1bid_1kill    10
1bid_1kill

I'm new to BOB and love the stuff offered for sale. On my second purchase, my account was disabled because my credit card company declined my payment due to a fraud alert (I'm in the USA and they questioned the charge from SA). I spoke with them, confirmed that the charge was legit, and they said "OK, just resubmit the payment". Not a big deal, they were just doing their job. Dealing with my bank was the easy part, dealing with BOB customer service/security has been a nightmare!

BOB disabled my account after the declined charge. Finally got that taken care of after a week and having to send documentation to prove I'm who I say I am (happy to comply, keeps everyone safe). Tried to resubmit payment this morning and the transaction keeps getting refused (says failed 3D secure payment). My card issuer says they are not declining the charge, that is something on BOB's end. BOB customer service is saying, since my card was initially declined, I need to make the payment through an EFT. Seems like there is little common sense being applied here. I don't have a SA bank account, I just want to make a simple credit card payment. It feels as if I am just being passed on from one customer service agent to the next without anyone really examining my situation. I understand the need for wariness with respect to fraud but this getting ridiculous. I've already provided documentation proving who I say I am. Anybody out there got any suggestions? I'm willing to try anything at this point to rectify the situation.

Any helpful tips would be much appreciated!

Edited by 1bid_1kill

qball    10
qball

We apologise for this situation. Our investigations currently show that the issuer (your bank) is not authenticating the 3D Secure transactions, we have escalated this to our Bank's technical team to investigate further. This is a technical issue that customer service staff cannot assist you with as they have no technical knowledge or access to the back end information (code and processes for 3D Secure. As soon as we have more details we will revert back to you. Please be patient while we try determine what the real cause of the problem is.

Thank you.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi there,

we are sorry about the credit card payment experience you are facing. The South African payment industry (PASA) will enforce payment via 3d secure starting from 2014 and as such we have started to soft-launch 3d secure payments.

Although we have several overseas customers who are enrolled with 3d secure and have provided the valid PIN, our payment gateway reports that the card issuing bank has declined those transactions. We are still seeking clarity from our payment processor with regards to those transactions and the reason of the reported errors.

Our operational manager will post an update as soon as we have confirmation from our payment provider how those issues can be resolved on their end.

In the interim, the only option is to use an alternative payment mechanism (such as EFT/wire-transfer).

1bid_1kill    10
1bid_1kill

Thank you gball and MacMuffin. I appreciate you reaching directly out to me and taking the time to explain the situation in detail. Please let me know if think I can expedite things on my end by contacting my card issuer with the details of this technical issue or if trying a card from another issuer would solve the problem.

Regards

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Thank you gball and MacMuffin. I appreciate you reaching directly out to me and taking the time to explain the situation in detail. Please let me know if think I can expedite things on my end by contacting my card issuer with the details of this technical issue or if trying a card from another issuer would solve the problem.

Regards

Cards which do not support 3d secure (such as Amex) will go through. That would be right now the only option. I would think that even some prepaid credit cards (as long as they are not enrolled in 3d secure) would function.

1bid_1kill    10
1bid_1kill

MacMuffin...my AmEx went through. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I will keep my eye out for an update on the 3d secure situation.

Regards

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
MacMuffin...my AmEx went through. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I will keep my eye out for an update on the 3d secure situation.

Regards

I am glad this worked out!