Sign in to follow this  
qball

Removal of the Old Style Sales Page

qball

Please note, effective end of October 2013, we will no longer make the Old Sales page available for use. We did state that in the beginning that we would allow seller's to utilise the page for a short while, however, we have reached a point where we cannot have both the old and new formats on the Selling area.

Thank you.

Just Beachin

ah ha! so cyber space is finite!

RISadler

OK by me, provided all the functions provided by the old has been implemented on the new.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I will really miss the old sales page.

I sell hundred items on crazy wed and hundred on weekend special.

I print my sales off the old sales page to assist with sorting the items as per seller etc.

The old sales page has a picture of each item and individually shows each item as a sale and assists in identifying the items,a big help when u sell similar items and descriptions on same sale.

The new sales page list the sales as per buyer orders,but does not show each item individually ,so if only print that page then u have no idea what items the buyer has won,and if u open the order to show the individual items then u get all the info and to print that u wlll print 10x the documents just so as to sort?

Is there any other way on the new sales page that i am missing,what do other sellers do,?apart from printing each buyers order and sorting like that,some dont close the order after one sale and then add to that a few days later then the printing was wasted?

any suggestions?

neil

or must i sell less items??

Cali Craft and Gems

I for one love the old pages and actually use them on an almost daily basis.

Good example is today when my excel spreadsheet decided to fail with saving and simply disappeared! I only had a back up dated 28 September so had to recapture all my sales off my stocksheet - and this task was a million times easier (and quicker) with the old system.

Seeds and All

I will also miss the old sales pages which I use daily in conjunction with the new sales pages. It is great to have all sales listed in the order that they happened. My main issue is that the old sales pages allows us to manage orders much easier that the new sales pages.

Currently the new sales pages does not offer the same functions as the old sales pages. The new sales pages does not show you if the buyer is winning any additional auctions after the buyer has completed checkout. An example:

Buyer bids on 10 items closing over a 2 day period.

On day 1 the buyer wins 3 items and completes the order, adding shipping, and makes payment. We send the parcel as now we can no longer see that the buyer is still winning another 7 auctions with us.

On day 2 the buyer wins 7 more auctions and completes the order, not adding shipping, and makes payment. Buyer says he would like to combine with previous order but that order has already been sent!

If the old sales pages were still available I could see that, even though the buyer has completed the order on day 1, he still had open winning bids. I could then hold back on sending the parcel and inform the buyer that he only needs to pay for the remaining auction wins and to not add shipping again.

I know that I can see who has winning bids from my "Open Auctions with Winning Bids" page. The problem is that I need to first open each winning bid on all auctions to see who the winning bidder is then insert the buyers username into the search bar to see if he is winning something else. This is very difficult to manage because the list continually changes as new bids are placed.

My suggestion is that bidorbuy consider showing unclosed auction wins on all orders from a buyer, regardless of whether they have completed checkout or not.

Another problem with the new Sales page is that the sales list is not kept in chronological order like the old list is. This makes it very difficult to keep track of sales as the order of the list changes each time a customer completes an order or makes payment, etc. We should have the option to keep the list in chronological order of the time the auction was won.

In my opinion the new sales pages works well for sellers who sell single items but is not geared towards sellers who sell many smaller items.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I will also miss the old sales pages which I use daily in conjunction with the new sales pages. It is great to have all sales listed in the order that they happened. My main issue is that the old sales pages allows us to manage orders much easier that the new sales pages.

Currently the new sales pages does not offer the same functions as the old sales pages. The new sales pages does not show you if the buyer is winning any additional auctions after the buyer has completed checkout. An example:

Buyer bids on 10 items closing over a 2 day period.

On day 1 the buyer wins 3 items and completes the order, adding shipping, and makes payment. We send the parcel as now we can no longer see that the buyer is still winning another 7 auctions with us.

On day 2 the buyer wins 7 more auctions and completes the order, not adding shipping, and makes payment. Buyer says he would like to combine with previous order but that order has already been sent!

If the old sales pages were still available I could see that, even though the buyer has completed the order on day 1, he still had open winning bids. I could then hold back on sending the parcel and inform the buyer that he only needs to pay for the remaining auction wins and to not add shipping again.

I know that I can see who has winning bids from my "Open Auctions with Winning Bids" page. The problem is that I need to first open each winning bid on all auctions to see who the winning bidder is then insert the buyers username into the search bar to see if he is winning something else. This is very difficult to manage because the list continually changes as new bids are placed.

My suggestion is that bidorbuy consider showing unclosed auction wins on all orders from a buyer, regardless of whether they have completed checkout or not.

Another problem with the new Sales page is that the sales list is not kept in chronological order like the old list is. This makes it very difficult to keep track of sales as the order of the list changes each time a customer completes an order or makes payment, etc. We should have the option to keep the list in chronological order of the time the auction was won.

In my opinion the new sales pages works well for sellers who sell single items but is not geared towards sellers who sell many smaller items.

I agree totally.I cannot sit at my desk and sort online as its is not practical,if u have hundreds of items from one crazy wed sale,then physically impossible to sort on a desk using the online orders,if i have to print the sales as presented on new sales tool,(by bob own definition it is presented as orders and not sales!!)-then i shall have to print each individual order so as to sort,that will mean an increase form 7 pages of the old sales list,to about 40 pages as each order must now be individualy printed so as to enable sorting of your items to the buyers,not cost effective at all,

Bob PLEASE reconsider this or come up with a solution,it really changes things

neil

alloway65

I really sympathize with the large BoB sellers, this change is going to make life very difficult and exceptionally time consuming when there are hundreds of orders to sort through and process.

BoB Management should really re visit their decision to come up with a solution to suit large BoB sellers and the BoB administration process.

MacMuffin

Hi all, the "new" sales pages have been in production since June 2010. If there is certain functionality missing, we will add it. Also remember that the "new" sales pages have separate Excel/CSV export functionality - please have a look at those as well.

The winning notifications are also on the "new" selling pages and so is sorting. So I am a bit confused about those comments.

I will get Cuan to follow up with you guys via phone to make sure that we have not missed anything.

Seeds and All
Hi all, the "new" sales pages have been in production since June 2010. If there is certain functionality missing, we will add it. Also remember that the "new" sales pages have separate Excel/CSV export functionality - please have a look at those as well.

The winning notifications are also on the "new" selling pages and so is sorting. So I am a bit confused about those comments.

I will get Cuan to follow up with you guys via phone to make sure that we have not missed anything.

Thanks Mac! I have nothing against the new sales pages and have developed a hybrid system between the two. It will be great if you can implement the functionality of the old pages on the new sales pages.

Pierre_Henri
I really sympathize with the large BoB sellers, this change is going to make life very difficult and exceptionally time consuming when there are hundreds of orders to sort through and process.

BoB Management should really re visit their decision to come up with a solution to suit large BoB sellers and the BoB administration process.

I agree 100%

ATA STAMP CENTRE

MAC.

this is the explanation,it is the way i have been working for 5 years,and is easy and convenient and cost effective,but if it is only me that works like that then i will have to find another way

Sell 80 items crazy wed.

go to old sales list and place buyers in alphabetical order and then pint the list of items sold on that crazy wed date.

i then have about 10 pages with each sold item listed individually ,a picture on left and buyers details and price on right

easy to take this list and then go and "sort"physically the sold items to each buyer .

now the new sales page

sell 80 items crazy wed

go to new sales page,request sales for that specific date

cant print the sales as the items sold are listed as ORDERS PER BUYER.

what u then have is no picture and no details.says order no,and byer name and perhaps 2 items purchased,but no details as to what 2 items purchased,cannot print that to work off as is useless

now we have to open the detail of each order to have the picture and the detail of each item for each buyer

this is the problem,when u open the detail on the order the extra information and layout increases from what would have been 2 compartments on the old sales page to around 5 compartments due to the layout of the order and structure and extra information shown.

to open the details of each order and then print one long sales page would increase the print run by about 60%on average or form 10 pages to doube that or more

and if u print an individual order for each buyer u will go form 10 pages to perhaps 30 pages just so as to be able to sort

obviosly i can sort online but thats not practical as physically thats inconvenient .

if i am only one working this way then i accept i will have to resolve this somehow on my own,but havin a printed document to check and sort off cuts out errors and possible mistakes,

just the way i work

i do use the new sales page to control outstanding orders and regulate sales,but it would be nice to be able to maintain the old sales page for the function of sorting and checking dispatching as explained above.

if i sold 2 items a day it would be easy to print the two orders and its will be easy and done

selling 200 items a week and then having to print the new sales sheet for my purposes would not be cost effective at all,we all know how much paper and printers ink costs so will have to rethink my system

hope the above explains what i mean about the old sales page still being a useful and cost effective tool

thanks

neil

alloway65

For me as a low volume seller, I print an invoice for each sale or group of sales to the same person, and use this invoice to trace, sort and pack the item(s) sold.

I use the coloured status bar to track payments and sales completed etc.

For me ink and paper is just part of the cost of sales.

My wife finds packing therapeutic...but if I gave her a few hundred sales a day to pack, I am sure I would have to do the packing myself.

I have cupboards full of Philatelic items and I am sure when I pass my family will have a big bonfire. Coins and Gemstones are a different matter my children are interested in these.

Miss Jewels

LIKE, LIKE, LIKE!! Agreed 100%.

MAC.

this is the explanation,it is the way i have been working for 5 years,and is easy and convenient and cost effective,but if it is only me that works like that then i will have to find another way

Sell 80 items crazy wed.

go to old sales list and place buyers in alphabetical order and then pint the list of items sold on that crazy wed date.

i then have about 10 pages with each sold item listed individually ,a picture on left and buyers details and price on right

easy to take this list and then go and "sort"physically the sold items to each buyer .

now the new sales page

sell 80 items crazy wed

go to new sales page,request sales for that specific date

cant print the sales as the items sold are listed as ORDERS PER BUYER.

what u then have is no picture and no details.says order no,and byer name and perhaps 2 items purchased,but no details as to what 2 items purchased,cannot print that to work off as is useless

now we have to open the detail of each order to have the picture and the detail of each item for each buyer

this is the problem,when u open the detail on the order the extra information and layout increases from what would have been 2 compartments on the old sales page to around 5 compartments due to the layout of the order and structure and extra information shown.

to open the details of each order and then print one long sales page would increase the print run by about 60%on average or form 10 pages to doube that or more

and if u print an individual order for each buyer u will go form 10 pages to perhaps 30 pages just so as to be able to sort

obviosly i can sort online but thats not practical as physically thats inconvenient .

if i am only one working this way then i accept i will have to resolve this somehow on my own,but havin a printed document to check and sort off cuts out errors and possible mistakes,

just the way i work

i do use the new sales page to control outstanding orders and regulate sales,but it would be nice to be able to maintain the old sales page for the function of sorting and checking dispatching as explained above.

if i sold 2 items a day it would be easy to print the two orders and its will be easy and done

selling 200 items a week and then having to print the new sales sheet for my purposes would not be cost effective at all,we all know how much paper and printers ink costs so will have to rethink my system

hope the above explains what i mean about the old sales page still being a useful and cost effective tool

thanks

neil

MiemsJewels
LIKE, LIKE, LIKE!! Agreed 100%.

I LIKE too!!

Cali Craft and Gems

And a huge LIKE from me too!

The new sales page is easy when it comes to seeing the status of the buyer's order (especially for accumulations) based on the colour of the tag, but the old page makes life incredibly quick and easy with regards to sorting, etc.

If I look back at the past year alone, I would say that I make use of the old sales page about 90% of the time versus the 10% usage of the new layout.

Ultimately the only "nice" part of the new page is the coloured tags. Or at least that's my opinion...

MacMuffin

I have asked our category managers to get hold of you as we believe that the "new" sales pages as well as CSVs will do everything you currently do. Many sellers with large quantities use the new sales pages for the last few years and it functions very well for them.

Agreed, your internal process of picking & packing might differ, but there should be no reason that this can not be done either via the Excel export or the sales page. The "new" sales pages provide a more compact layout (i.e. the old sales page used to repeat the buyers address whereas the new ones don't. the old pages would always be longer compared to the new ones).

In the next few days our category managers will chat do you individually to talk through your issues and assist. We can unfortunately not maintain legacy code for much longer (i.e. it's been more than 3 years).

Seeds and All

I currently work with both the old and new sales pages to perform my daily functions. Both pages have vital functions that I need. I have two worrying concerns with the old sales pages being discontinued, both involving auctions and combining of orders.

Buyers with winning auctions:

When a buyer completes an order for an auction he has won, and he still has winning bids on other auctions, the old sales page indicates that the buyer still has winning bids on other auctions. This allows us to wait for those auctions to close before we email a total to the buyer or send the parcel. On the new sales page, we cannot see that the buyer still has winning bids after he has completed the order. If the buyer then makes payment on that order we will ship it not realizing that more auctions wins could be combined into the same parcel. This leads to unhappy buyers having to pay shipping twice, or refusing to pay the shipping, or even orders being cancelled, and the loss of future sales from that buyer. Also if I can see that a buyer still has winning bids, I can wait until all those auctions have closed before sending my first email.

We need to be able to see on the new sales page whether the buyer still has winning bids, regardless of whether he has completed the order or not. Currently the new sales page only shows this info till the buyer has completed the order online. After that this info disappears until the buyer wins another auction and the new sales page creates a new order.

A possible solution may be that if a buyer still has winning bids the bidorbuy system lets the buyer know that they still have winning bids from the seller which could be combined into one parcel and the "Complete the order" function is disabled until those auctions have closed. This would mean that sellers would have to indicate whether combining of orders is allowed.

Sequence of Sales List:

I use the new sales page to keep track of which orders have been sent, which are awaiting payment, which have paid and are ready for shipping, etc. I find the "order status" function of the new sales page very useful for this, but I still need the old sales page to keep track of new orders and auction sales coming in. When an Auction is won, or a Buy Now order is placed, I send the buyer an email and change their order status to "First Email Sent". As the buyer wins more Auctions or places more Buy Now orders, I send update emails to the buyer. I use the old sales page, which is in chronological sequence of the sales date, to see when new orders come in so that I know when to send these update emails. On the new sales page, I cannot easily see when new auctions are won as they are added to the existing order on which I have already set the status to "First Email Sent", and the update emails that I need to send won't get sent. In the meantime, other buyers have been placing orders, completing orders and making payments, changing the sequence of the sales list constantly. We pride ourselves in prompt communication with buyers as new orders come in and auctions are won and we will not be able to give our best service if we do not see these coming in as they happen.

If the old sales page is removed, we need a function to be added to the new sales page that will allow us to sort the sales list into chronological sequence of the sales date so we can quickly see when new sales come in and can act promptly to communicate with the buyer. I find the CSV file very useful for tasks such as processing orders for shipping and creating packing lists, labels, etc, but it is not an efficient solution to this problem because it will mean that a CSV file will have to be downloaded numerous times a day to catch newly won auctions as they come in. There are also no links or photo's in CSV files to help quickly identify buyers and orders.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I relooked at the new "sales page" and it wont serve my purpose as to how i have been doing things.

Is it asking to much to have a daily "sales page" similar to the old sales page in addition to the "orders page" which is actually what we have in the new format?

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I relooked at the new "sales page" and it wont serve my purpose as to how i have been doing things.

Is it asking to much to have a daily "sales page" similar to the old sales page in addition to the "orders page" which is actually what we have in the new format?

neil

Any decision or feedback yet?

IS the old sales page going.

Any other options for us as the above explanations are pretty detailed as to what some of us sellers need and we are going to struggle without the old sales page.

neil

MacMuffin

Just a brief update: We will delay the removal of the old sales pages while our product team will discuss the various features and migration tasks with the sellers having raised concerns. We will enhance the new sales pages if necessary.

Our product team will get hold of the people having raised questions in this thread to discuss the various options. So if you have not yet posted feedback, please do so as soon as you can.

Seeds and All

Thank you for your kind consideration Mac. Much appreciated.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Thank you for your kind consideration Mac. Much appreciated.

I second that,thanks so much

neil

Seeds and All

Dear Mac, Jessica and everyone involved,

May I extend to you a heartfelt thanks for your effort. I will be forever grateful. You listened to my many issues and came to a solution that works beautifully. The new additions made to the sales pages are simple elegance!

Words cannot express my feelings, nor my thanks for all your help.

With kind regards,

Jonathan

MacMuffin
Dear Mac, Jessica and everyone involved,

May I extend to you a heartfelt thanks for your effort. I will be forever grateful. You listened to my many issues and came to a solution that works beautifully. The new additions made to the sales pages are simple elegance!

Words cannot express my feelings, nor my thanks for all your help.

With kind regards,

Jonathan

Thanks for the compliments. We are still going to release some more changes which will show you the daily auction sales performance as well as a clickthrough to show you detailed transactions. This should then make it easier for sellers with many auctions to manage sales as well.