Sign in to follow this  
Clint1969

first time sellers beware

Clint1969    10
Clint1969

1st time sellers please beware of Bid or buys policies. I have delivers the goods to the buyer and provided my certified copy identity document as well as a utility bill to this organisation.

Subsequent to this I was told that I hadn't provided them with proof of delivery i.e. tracking numbers. Nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say that I have to supply this organisation with tracking numbers.

This seems to me to be a delay tactic. They have taken their sales fee and the buyer has received the good. Yet I remain without payment. And I'm told that there are any payout once a day at 9 o'clock. So tomorrow they'll probably tell me that this dollar problem now have to wait till the next day. Please don't you business with these people unless you are forced to.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Not sure of all the details here but I have been selling on BoB for quite a while and if you provide what is required then there are few hassles. A payout can only be made when you provide all the documentation necessary. Once that is done your future payouts should be quite straightforward. Request in before 9 am and it will be processed same day. I have found that I usually have my payment in less than 36 hrs !

As for tracking numbers I think it is a courtesy to your buyer that you supply them with a tracking number for their purchase, that way both buyer & seller can keep track of a parcel ! How else can you proove (should you ever need to) that it has indeed been posted? Or on the flip side - that the buyer has received an item should they say they haven't ! Did you hand deliver the item? Or did you post? How do you know it has been received if the buyer hasn't even rated you? Just curious.

qball    11
qball
1st time sellers please beware of Bid or buys policies. I have delivers the goods to the buyer and provided my certified copy identity document as well as a utility bill to this organisation.

Subsequent to this I was told that I hadn't provided them with proof of delivery i.e. tracking numbers. Nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say that I have to supply this organisation with tracking numbers.

This seems to me to be a delay tactic. They have taken their sales fee and the buyer has received the good. Yet I remain without payment. And I'm told that there are any payout once a day at 9 o'clock. So tomorrow they'll probably tell me that this dollar problem now have to wait till the next day. Please don't you business with these people unless you are forced to.

Thanks for your comments Clint.

bidorbuy does, from time to time, withhold payments to sellers to ensure delivery of goods. This is covered in our terms of use which you agreed to. This may include providing us with any information related to the sale and transaction, which may include tracking details, this is covered in the Privacy policy. The money is safe with us and should the buyer confirm delivery (a tracking number would expedite this matter), we will be more than happy to release the funds to you.

We thank you for your continued co-operation and understanding.

Regards

Cuan Akal

Filmwaster    10
Filmwaster

Overseas Seller

Hello.

I live in the USA and am interested in selling here on bob.

Has anyone ever heard of another seller like me or does this site only support African vendors?

I would be interested in knowing.

Thanks.

:wink:

Edited by Filmwaster

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi Filmwater - if you check "not1centmore" you will see that she has been selling on BoB for a long time. She's one of the friendliest sellers imaginable and she is also on the forum!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

(Thank-you, Janet)

Welcome to BoB, Filmwater! You won't find a friendlier 'bunch o' folk' anywhere that can 'hold a candle' to the guys 'n gals (and Wayne:whistling:) on the Forum. BoB staff goes above and beyond to make this the 'bestest' and safest trading platform (online auction site) for both Buyers and Sellers. You won't find a better place to 'hang your hat'.

Ruthie