Sign in to follow this  
testrarossa

Mintage as stated in Hern's Handbook

testrarossa

Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Using the mintage figures for the 2003 Proof R1 Cricket of 1250 as stated by my Hern's Handbook. I have 2 of these coins and their COA is 1251 and 1739. Does this mean that there are more than the 1250 as stated in Hern's?

Andre

Pierre_Henri

That is actually a very important note that I hope you can forward to Brian Hern - someone got something wrong here - ether the SA Mint of Brian himself?

Pierre

Timeless Value
Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Using the mintage figures for the 2003 Proof R1 Cricket of 1250 as stated by my Hern's Handbook. I have 2 of these coins and their COA is 1251 and 1739. Does this mean that there are more than the 1250 as stated in Hern's?

Andre

The Mint does not issue coins in sequence, so it is very possible to have a COA higher than the mintage number. I noted the same with the 1994 Natura 1oz launch coins.

testrarossa

Must be, been checking others and also noticed it too on the Cultural gold R1 Series and Protea proof sets where their COA exceeds the qouted mintages.

Cold Sea
The Mint does not issue coins in sequence, so it is very possible to have a COA higher than the mintage number. I noted the same with the 1994 Natura 1oz launch coins.

I am stupid here. Can you explain this a bit more.

testrarossa

Pierre, hi I ve emailed Brian and he says SAmint supplies him the data. No reply from Samint...

Edited by testrarossa