Sign in to follow this  
hilmey

why blame the post office

hilmey    10
hilmey

we recently purchased 3 porcelain ornaments from :the bedouin" on bid or buy and when we received the parcel teo of the three were broken the one being rather badly smashed up. when we contactacted the seller the reply was " sorry i packed the items correctly and the post office are responsible for the breakages" this is very bad service and i certainly will not be supporting the bedouin in future - all the other fragile items bought on bid or buy were received in good condition so now they blame their poor service on the third party

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Welcome to the forum Hilmey.

I do not know how well your items were packed, but I know that the post office do mishandle the parcels!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I recently purchased some goods from a well-known seller on BoB at a very reasonable price. When I collected at the PO, the parcel was clearly damaged. Inside, to my dismay, I found the items in only an organza bag. No protective packaging, not even newspaper (which will have caused less damage). Needless to say, the one ring was so badly damaged I can only use the stone. Unfortunately, the seller offered no refund or compensation for this, so it was my loss.

Edited by Miss Jewels

cp27    10
cp27

As Moodtime said in a previous post "I think it is still good business practice to compensate a buyer if something goes wrong."

I have to agree with it. That one client might be become a regular client.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

We have been known to pack our parcels so well that we're still waiting for a bad rating for the parcel being too difficult to open / unwrap!

But ultimately it is the seller's responsibility to ensure that the item / parcel is packed securely - especially considering the lack of respect that the post office shows for parcels in particular!

I honestly hate receiving a parcel from "top sellers" (various categories) that are simply chucked into an envelope - and that does not go for bidorbuy alone! (I ordered 100 glass vials / tubes of gold flakes from the USA only for it to arrive in a plastic bag inserted into a brown envelope - no bubblewrap, nothing! One can only imagine the mess within the envelope once I got it - most were broken and I did not even get an apology from the seller!)