Sign in to follow this  
SilverDoor

Samsung Note 2 - Faulty - No IMEI anywhere - Serial on box differs - Chipped Stylus

SilverDoor    10
SilverDoor

The seller went through a lot of trouble in the end to refund me, thank you.

I would also like to state, for the record, that the seller has been courteous throughout our communications and willing to provide information and do some legwork to try and find the IMEI.

Edited by SilverDoor
Resolved.

SilverDoor    10
SilverDoor

Resolved.

Edited by SilverDoor

qball    10
qball
EDIT: BOB customer support told me that they emailed the seller, only 5 days after I first logged the complaint. They told the seller to email me, at which point the seller told me that she will try and get a refund from the BOB seller that she bought the phone from. If she is unable to secure this refund, then I will probably not get a refund.

I wish that BOB had better processes in place, so that I wouldn't have to be the one to convince the seller to give me a refund, I have already tried that before I logged the complaint. At this rate I'm better off just taking a gamble on Gumtree, the support that I hoped I would get from BOB has eluded me thus far.

I thought I would be safe buying a cellphone from a 100% satisfaction seller here on BOB, but even with proof that the seller definitely did not deliver as promised, it still seems like I have to fight this battle alone. An expensive lesson learnt, at least.

I have emailed BidOrBuy to raise the complaints I have posted in this thread, but after a week I have not heard back from them. So I proceeded to return the phone to the seller under an insured courier delivery.

I told the seller via email that I will have to return the phone to her, whether she gives me a refund or not, because the phone could possibly be a previously stolen item.

I kindly (still) await assistance from BidOrBuy as to how to proceed to attempt to get a full refund. My ticket: http://support.bidorbuy.co.za/index.php?/Default/Tickets/Ticket/View/MXT-215-89705

We apologise for the delay in responding. Disputes like these take time to resolve, we have contacted the seller for urgent feedback and are awaiting a response from them regarding your issue.

SilverDoor    10
SilverDoor

The seller managed to get a refund from the person who sold the phone to her, and she gave me a full refund including the cost of shipping. Thank you.

qball    10
qball

Thank you for your positive feedback, glad to see that the seller could resolve this problem for you.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Glad to hear !