Sign in to follow this  
Pickle Bearies

Concerned...about drop shipping

Pickle Bearies

Thanks so much for the reply bob...

Here are my reflections... I fully agree that it is not about the size of the seller but what the seller sells that brings clients along. As my items are individual hand crafted items I personally do not feel threatened by sellers such as the aforementioned but yes my items get lost . How ever I do feel that there should be a better filter system in place due to the volume of these guys. As a buyer I feel lost and have many times pulled out of making a purchase due to the volume thrown at me.

Let me give an example...I was looking for a dress... I have a budget in mind , a style I am looking for etc.. I go to womans clothing and search casual dresses and formal dresses....I can filter out , out of SA and I can search in price range( ascending or descending) and condition ( second hand or new)... With this filtering I still land up with +- 100 pages of dresses to look through per category, there is no way I can look through 100 pages of stuff ( well I can but I already know that when I am faced with such a volume my reaction is to make no purchase and move on.)

I land up going on ebay where I can filter the colour of the dress, the size of the dress, the style of the dress, the length of the dress, the type of sleeves, the type of fabric, etc... As a result my search immediatly brings me to a selecion that I love as it is what I have in mind. I don't have to wade through heeps of stuff I am not interested in before finding the result I am looking for... One needs to engage the buyer from the beginning of the process and not bore them with heeps of stuff they are not interested in. The result ...they give up and move on.

I am speaking here from my own experience as a buyer on BOB. I used to love browsing the books category but I no longer do this because the filters are not good enough. I go straight to Loot or Take a lot use their filter system and find what I am searching for.

I fully agree that Bob must move forward in the business game but if you want to compare your self to ebay you need to implement a better structure.

Quote....

""Yes, it does take a community to assist us, but the attitude I am seeing from some of you is that we must protect you all the time, and you give nothing back... ? Community is not about taking but also sharing and giving back, if you are not willing to do that then this site has no future, which ultimately will affect every one of you."...

How can you say that the attitude you are seeing here is... "that we must protect you all the time, and you give nothing back... ?"... I find this offensive as every single seller gives back to BOB even as small as it is. I can not even begin to count the amount of people I have forwarded to BOB. The amount of purchases I have made for friends who were "too scared" about online transaction to prove to them that Bob is a good place to buy. When people new to internet shopping ask my advice my reply is "go to bob, find a good seller, make a small purchase and see how fantastic it is.!"

As you say...."Community is not about taking but also sharing and giving back" precisely...

These are my reflections on the matter... I want BOB to succeed, yes I want them to become bigger than ebay, I want to be able to tell my clients shop on BOB it is THE best, I want to vote for BOB as the best e commerce store...That is why I report problems ( not just shock collars!!!) that is why I give suggestions and that is why I share my fears about certain movements BOB makes.

Your call BOB....

NooNooBug

100 % AGree with you ! LIKE LIKE LIKE ! Feel the same way completely re: Buying & Selling ! Come on BOB we DO want to make this work for all, but we need YOUR help !

windrider
Thanks so much for the reply bob...

Here are my reflections... I fully agree that it is not about the size of the seller but what the seller sells that brings clients along. As my items are individual hand crafted items I personally do not feel threatened by sellers such as the aforementioned but yes my items get lost . How ever I do feel that there should be a better filter system in place due to the volume of these guys. As a buyer I feel lost and have many times pulled out of making a purchase due to the volume thrown at me.

The amount of purchases I have made for friends who were "too scared" about online transaction to prove to them that Bob is a good place to buy. When people new to internet shopping ask my advice my reply is "go to bob, find a good seller, make a small purchase and see how fantastic it is.!"

Your call BOB....

Well put! I'm not often on BoB these days and when I do access the site, I'm amazed at the amount of items flooding the listings. Unfortunately, so many of these listings are drop shippers who sell items that can be bought in a brick-and-mortar store for much cheaper than advertised on BoB. Of course, buyers should be beware, but blatant lying seems to be the norm. For example cellphone that are sold at R1000-R2000 more than the price of the same cellphone at a nearest Voda or MTN shop.

There are far too many pages of 'mainstream' overprices items that makes searching for items that one was able to find only on BidorBuy extremely difficult. Many buyers don't often have the time to browse though 10s of pages to get to something interesting so they leave empty-handed.

Can the buyers have at least some additional search filters to alleviate the problem?

qball

There are already filters on the site, you can sort by lowest or highest price, ending soon, what's hot etc. You can also filter using the filters located on the left of the page - price, condition, type of seller, warranty, payment methods, by seller and by location. We are also slowly introducing product attributes, for example, http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/category/11800/Computers_Networking_iPads_Tablets_eReaders_Devices.jsp - brand, model, capacity etc. We are slowly rolling this out to all categories, but as this is a complicated and time consuming process, it does take some time. This will help users filter quite effectively for the products they are looking for.

Please remember, with the seller filter, you can exclude certain sellers.

ANGEL CREATIONS

Can BOB not include a filter on postage costs, that way one can eliminate most of the drop shippers simply because their shipping costs are so high. Using the "seller" filter also becomes tedious as you cannot save it and everytime you want to browse you have to first enter all the seller you know are drop shippers.

qball
Can BOB not include a filter on postage costs, that way one can eliminate most of the drop shippers simply because their shipping costs are so high. Using the "seller" filter also becomes tedious as you cannot save it and everytime you want to browse you have to first enter all the seller you know are drop shippers.

Unfortunately we cannot always determine this purely on shipping costs, that is why you can exclude sellers using that filter, that would be far more effective than the shipping costs.

lilythepink

I notice so many things that in my opinion are not fair to everyone on BoB - from overcharging on postage to flooding lists with items which could, with a proper listing, lead to less flooding of the section.

I don't always report everything I see purely because I don't want to overburden BoB but, if that is the way to go, then I will report whatever I deem necessary and leave admin (poor admin) to sort out whether my reporting is worthwhile or not.

NooNooBug
I notice so many things that in my opinion are not fair to everyone on BoB - from overcharging on postage to flooding lists with items which could, with a proper listing, lead to less flooding of the section.

I don't always report everything I see purely because I don't want to overburden BoB but, if that is the way to go, then I will report whatever I deem necessary and leave admin (poor admin) to sort out whether my reporting is worthwhile or not.

Feel the same way sometimes ! You may be looking for something specific & come across a "bunch" of irregulars but feel you just can't report them all so opt just for the "main" one or worst transgression ! Feel like I am going to send too many through & may get banned or something !

Pickle Bearies

I feel exactly the same way. I don't want to flood the admin department with my "listing reports" but it feels so hopeless and as if nothing gets done.

It seems to me that some sellers have no pride in the way BOB presents all they are interested in is getting as many listings as possible. whether it be in the correct category or not, they don't seem to care. This causes unnecessary frustration to buyers.

The aforementioned drop shipper now has over 5000 pages. His listings are all over the place. I keep find kids clothing in the womans clothing section and I keep reporting it to no avail.

Canil

Hi There all,

Have never posted to the forum before but was reading through this thread and thinking about it. Could I make a suggestion regarding the book section. Could we not have separate sections for new and used books? That way customers who are wanting to browse for collectable or rare books would not have to wade their way through the thousands of listings of new books and or e-books?.

Just a thought!! :)

Nikki

(canil)

qball
Hi There all,

Have never posted to the forum before but was reading through this thread and thinking about it. Could I make a suggestion regarding the book section. Could we not have separate sections for new and used books? That way customers who are wanting to browse for collectable or rare books would not have to wade their way through the thousands of listings of new books and or e-books?.

Just a thought!! :)

Nikki

(canil)

Hi Nikki

There is a condition filter located on the left hand side of the page, this will help in filtering out new books from second hand.

Canil

Thanks for pointing out the condition filter. I should look more closely only been selling since 2008!! ;). Hope the buyers are quicker off the mark than I am!!

Enjoy the rest of the day

qball
Thanks for pointing out the condition filter. I should look more closely only been selling since 2008!! ;). Hope the buyers are quicker off the mark than I am!!

Enjoy the rest of the day

My pleasure.

tanyavdm13

Good Day

Could you please confirm if this seller LuluBellebeadshop (126 Rating score between 100 and 499) is on the drop-shipping list.

Shipping & Other Charges

Items will be shipped from our international supplier. Please allow 5-7 weeks for delivery.

Shipping method Shipping details

Solid Silver Charms R30.00 for the first item

additional items free

FSolid 925 sterling silver and Murano glass Pandora imitation charms.

Beautifully crafted, exquisite quality.

Charms are threaded so they will work perfectly with Pandora bracelets. Will also fit on any other European style bracelet eg. Biagi, Troll etc.

Allow 5-7 weeks delivery as shipping is from our international supplier. (Certain items may ship faster if stock is available).ree shipping for orders of R500.00 or more

lilythepink

@tanyavdm13 - you need to report this to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and ask them to investigate. Seems there are quite a few sellers out there who are dropshipping without BoB's authorisation.

Keep beady eyes open everyone and when in doubt get BoB to investigate.

qball
Good Day

Could you please confirm if this seller LuluBellebeadshop (126 Rating score between 100 and 499) is on the drop-shipping list.

Shipping & Other Charges

Items will be shipped from our international supplier. Please allow 5-7 weeks for delivery.

Shipping method Shipping details

Solid Silver Charms R30.00 for the first item

additional items free

FSolid 925 sterling silver and Murano glass Pandora imitation charms.

Beautifully crafted, exquisite quality.

Charms are threaded so they will work perfectly with Pandora bracelets. Will also fit on any other European style bracelet eg. Biagi, Troll etc.

Allow 5-7 weeks delivery as shipping is from our international supplier. (Certain items may ship faster if stock is available).ree shipping for orders of R500.00 or more

Seller is not authorised. They have received a warning and have removed the items being drop shipped.

lilythepink

Thanks, qball. This does need to be "policed" by the BoB community.