Sign in to follow this  
Xarchitex

Post Office Hint for Newbies

Xarchitex    10
Xarchitex

Sorry if this has been posted before, but it makes my life a LOT easier.

When you start selling, and you're using the Post Office as a shipping option then it really becomes a bother to keep filing in forms / slips at the Post Office.

Ask the Post Office Teller for all the different shipping labels you normally need on your parcels. In my case I got about 30x each of (for free of course):

- Ordinary Parcel Stickers

- Parcel Delivery slip (the red slip with the "Confirmation of posting" tag on the bottom

- Insured Parcel Stickers

- Insured Parcel slip (blue slip)

- Speed services Waybills

Now I can do all the writing / printing at home before standing in the PO.

Regards,

Dawie

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I do the same. I also print out a list for insured parcels that way the PO only write one slip out for me and attach a copy of the list (with Insurance value, amount name & address of receiver and space for the tracking number)to their page in the book. So much quicker than waiting for them to write out several slips !

EZ life    10
EZ life

this is good, thnx for sharing!

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

I know it might sound strange but shop around for a good post office. Here in Port Elizabeth our post offices don't seem to work in the same way, we even have some charging higher fee's... ( we have even worked out which post offices have faulty scales!!)

Read the post office brochures and know what the correct fee's are so that you don't get charged over the official amount.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
I know it might sound strange but shop around for a good post office. Here in Port Elizabeth our post offices don't seem to work in the same way, we even have some charging higher fee's... ( we have even worked out which post offices have faulty scales!!)

Read the post office brochures and know what the correct fee's are so that you don't get charged over the official amount.

So right ! I think we all should know the brochure well so as to be able to point out issues if need be. If you take Econo Parcel measurements as an example you will note that many PO Personnel have a preconceived idea that it is the siZe of an A4 page just 10cm in height, when in actual fact it is closer to an A3 in size ! How many people get ripped off with that one misconception ? If you don't know your facts you cannot question them and they will simply walk over you ! Have also had the scales are out issue when posting parcels in my nearest town while shopping, instead of my local Village PO ! We have a very sensitive scale (newly calibrated & checked) so I had checked the parcel weight and knew it was under a kg, but PO scales read over 1,1kg ! A few grams from scale to scale is acceptable but almost 200g ?