Sign in to follow this  
RobertBrown89

Seller not giving a Rating

RobertBrown89    10
RobertBrown89

Hi everyone.

I'm new around here so please excuse the question if it has been asked before.

Does a seller "have to give" a rating after a sale is completed?

I bought a watch from seller and made payment within hours after the bidding closed. Watch was delivered and as a buyer I made my rating as required. It has now been 2 months after the deal was concluded and I still have not received a rating from the seller. I asked him via e-mail why my rating has not been done and his rude excuse is that he is busy and will do it if he gets the time.

One thing about the BOB site that I liked was the rating system as it give some sense of assurance when dealing with sellers. If this system is abused and rating manipulated it is a concern to me personally.

Thus, is it required to give and receive a rating? Also, what would be a reasonable time to give/get a rating?

Thanks

moodTime    10
moodTime

It is good practice to give the buyer a rating soon after payment is received after all after the buyer has made payment their obligations have been met.

Edited by moodTime

qball    10
qball

bidorbuy also sends out a reminder after 7 days from the transaction date. However, we cannot force users to rate each other. Sellers should rate buyers on payment and buyers on receipt of their purchases.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I've run into a one of these as well, and I also covet my feedback. You can do two things, change your rating to neutral, for lack of feedback (that will get his attention) or let the whole thing go:smile1:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I don't agree, changing ratings for a reason like that can be considered rating abuse and it can lead to a ***-for-tat situation, you could just land up with a negative rating. It's better to just leave it, there will be other sellers that give ratings.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
I don't agree, changing ratings for a reason like that can be considered rating abuse and it can lead to a ***-for-tat situation, you could just land up with a negative rating. It's better to just leave it, there will be other sellers that give ratings.

You right Tananka........now where has that darn like button gone?

alloway65    10
alloway65

There was a problem some days ago where our antivirus systems were wrongly blocking us entering the BoB Forum, my understanding is that the likes were removed temporarily while this problem was sorted out.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Thanks for the info Mr. D:smile1:

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

As a seller, I give my buyers the courtesy of a positive rating once they have paid. And I expect the same in return. So, if I don't get the courtesy of a rating once I have paid for an item, I don't give one in return once the item is received. And I am highly unlikely to purchase from that seller again. In fact, I only bought again from a non-rater once. By mistake.

cjaba    10
cjaba

Just as you mentioned Tanaka happened with me. I rated the seller pos even though I had to wait 5 days to get a tracking number from him. He refuse to rate me after I paid him in less than an hour after auction closed. After weeks I decided to change his rating to neutral explaining to him why and the next moment I ended up with a negative rating. His comment "I am giving you a negative rating because I haven't rate you." I contacted Bob and got the rating removed. I will rather have no rating than a negative.