Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

Checking some ratings and rating comments the other day I noticed a seller

alloway65

Checking some ratings and rating comments the other day I noticed a seller who stated to the buyer that “he only rates when he is rated” and gave the buyer negative ratings when the buyer asked to be rated after he paid. This is very unfair in my view.

MiemsJewels

Very, very unfair Alloway. Bidorbuy should give those sellers a warning, That goes for the buyers who give unfair ratings too. I really go out of my way to please and satisfy my buyers. I got a NEUTRAL for a pendant's clip that broke when she opened it. I can not rectify the problem because she do not answer her e-mails and phone calls. I've send her numerous e-mails to ask her to let someone fix it for her. I was willing to pay for the repairs. Now what can I do more? isn't it so that we all strive for 100% feedback. Now some of them come and *&^% with our moral as well as our ratings.

Edited by MiemsJewels

NooNooBug

Checking some ratings and rating comments the other day I noticed a seller who stated to the buyer that “he only rates when he is rated” and gave the buyer negative ratings when the buyer asked to be rated after he paid. This is very unfair in my view.

I understand the reasoning behind some sellers only rating after an item has been received & the buyer has rated the seller. I think it probably stems from so many buyers being too lazy to rate the sellers and we as sellers rate as soon as a buyer is paid making it unfair in that we don't get our ratings up (sorry does that make sense?). I don't agree with the practice at all but can understand it ! (about a quarter of my sales have never been rated ! ) The *** for tat rating needs to stop from both sides and I think if any of us come across this we should report it to BoB community watch. It really is just not on !

MiemsJewels

NooNooBug it make sense but, ........rather No rating than a BAD rating. I totally agree with you though. Really wish we can report this unfair ratings to BOB too. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

NooNooBug

What annoys me is I know people that are buyers and never rate a seller ! Asked them why and the answer: "Oh I don't have time, doesn't matter I have my stuff ! "

REally ?

alloway65

From a different perspective if a seller waits for a buyer to make a rating before he or she rates, and the buyer gives the seller a neutral or negative rating, the seller can reciprocate in kind without being accused of giving a revenge rating.

ie. Say the seller having given a positive rating when funds were received then changes their rating when he or she gets a rating from the buyer not to their liking.

alloway65

I have found in some instances the more I do for a buyer the less chance I have of being rated. To a large extent I suppose a newish buyer does not fully understand the rating system.

YiaYia1

Found it is the newer buyers whom give the neg ratings. Some people you cant please.

Guest Guest

eBay would consider this as Feedback extortion and suspend the seller. As a precaution, Sellers on eBay can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback to buyers who have successfully completed payment through ebay checkout.

voldermort
eBay would consider this as Feedback extortion and suspend the seller. As a precaution, Sellers on eBay can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback to buyers who have successfully completed payment through ebay checkout.

ja well first off this isn't eBay and second eBays way of rating is incredibly unfair...I'm going to guess you haven't yet sold much? There are very well known instances of people who pay, receive their items & then give a negative because the item is not what they wanted it to be - lets say they bought a LP, listed as a LP, sold as a LP, words LP appearing all over the ad & once they receive it they wham you with a negative because it is not a CD.......do you think that is pretty fair?

Guest Guest
ja well first off this isn't eBay and second eBays way of rating is incredibly unfair...I'm going to guess you haven't yet sold much? There are very well known instances of people who pay, receive their items & then give a negative because the item is not what they wanted it to be - lets say they bought a LP, listed as a LP, sold as a LP, words LP appearing all over the ad & once they receive it they wham you with a negative because it is not a CD.......do you think that is pretty fair?

Actually I've sold a lot on eBay, and a little on BoB too. Sure, I've had one deal go sour on ebay, but overall, my experience with eBay was far better than with BoB. The amount of exposure you get on eBay is HUGE in comparison to BoB. Everything I've listed on eBay I have successfully sold. If you want to sell items internationally, BoB is not of much use.

qball
Actually I've sold a lot on eBay, and a little on BoB too. Sure, I've had one deal go sour on ebay, but overall, my experience with eBay was far better than with BoB. The amount of exposure you get on eBay is HUGE in comparison to BoB. Everything I've listed on eBay I have successfully sold. If you want to sell items internationally, BoB is not of much use.

Sounds like more of a punt for eBay? Local is lekker, we don't want to compete with eBay globally, we prefer a more local based business, and cater mainly for South Africans and ex pats. How can your experience be better when you actually haven't used bob? :hm:

Sorry, bit of a cynic when a user with no ratings nor sales track record comes onto the forum praising a service like eBay and then comparing that to bob without using our service at all to sell?

Sorry, doesn't add up?

Guest Guest
Sounds like more of a punt for eBay? Local is lekker, we don't want to compete with eBay globally, we prefer a more local based business, and cater mainly for South Africans and ex pats. How can your experience be better when you actually haven't used bob? :hm:

Sorry, bit of a cynic when a user with no ratings nor sales track record comes onto the forum praising a service like eBay and then comparing that to bob without using our service at all to sell?

Sorry, doesn't add up?

I signed up for this account earlier today to remain anon, and it looks like BoB wants to disable it as well. As a BoB buyer (with a well established BoB account), I can honestly say I haven't had an issue with any purchases I've made up to now. But as far as large purchases over R1000, it seems too risky as BoB doesn't seem to have adequate protection in place.

voldermort

Sorry, doesn't add up?

Well said, I see another thread lower down where they are also praising eBay.....not sure why they don't just sell full time on eBay then & not waste their time on Bid or Buy Forum?

qball

Well there you have it...

I tend to disagree... there are tens of thousands of transactions that take place every month, without trouble, well over R1000. Seems like you have a hidden agenda? Unfortunately now that you have admitted that this is a "fake" account, I will have to blacklist you... sorry. Thems the rules.

voldermort
If you want to sell items internationally, BoB is not of much use.

Funny that, seeing as half of my sales are to overseas buyers.......but again, if eBay has such HUGE exposure & you sell everything you list, why are you bothering with Bid or Buy?

voldermort
Well there you have it...

I tend to disagree... there are tens of thousands of transactions that take place every month, without trouble, well over R1000. Seems like you have a hidden agenda? Unfortunately now that you have admitted that this is a "fake" account, I will have to blacklist you... sorry. Thems the rules.

Dammit, where's the like button when you need it.

Jongleur
Dammit, where's the like button when you need it.

Here is one just for you.

58f5a74adeebf_likebutton.jpg.9bed103ad00f5de1f28b5765197dfb4c.jpg

voldermort
Here is one just for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4789[/ATTACH]

sangomie.....my hero :toung:

Jongleur
sangomie.....my hero :toung:

Always happy to oblige my dear. Now that I have your attention ; I have asked

you before : where hast thou been fair maiden ?

voldermort
Always happy to oblige my dear. Now that I have your attention ; I have asked

you before : where hast thou been fair maiden ?

the fair maiden has been around - alas there have been quite a few family tragedies, my brother, my stepfather......still trying to get my stride back :hm:

Jongleur
the fair maiden has been around - alas there have been quite a few family tragedies, my brother, my stepfather......still trying to get my stride back :hm:

My condolences Sam.

Nice to see you on the forum and I trust things will get better. Who know`s - we might even

get shouted at for hijacking a thread. Been very dull of late.

voldermort
My condolences Sam.

Nice to see you on the forum and I trust things will get better. Who know`s - we might even

get shouted at for hijacking a thread. Been very dull of late.

Thank you sangomie.....but you see what happens when I'm not around............Bugger All :sneaky:

Jongleur
Thank you sangomie.....but you see what happens when I'm not around............Bugger All :sneaky:

Now this is the thing you see.

I am off to the darkest part of Africa tonight ( Transkei ) where I will be dodging taxi`s, cattle,goats

and all manner of things for a few days.

Chat later.

voldermort

I am off to the darkest part of Africa tonight ( Transkei ) where I will be dodging taxi`s, cattle,goats

and all manner of things for a few days.

Have fun & be safe