Sign in to follow this  
silv3rback

Acceptable turn around time from Seller

silv3rback    10
silv3rback

Hi all

New to the forums, long time BidorBuy member :)

Wanted to touch base with your guys quickly, I've always had near instant feedback from sellers here. Recently I purchased a Wireless extender product from a Seller who looks to be well rated (96% rating from his/ her buyers) but since completing my transaction via PayPal I haven't had any confirmation of order or any replies to my mails.

I've tried making contact via both mail and telephone to no answer. Are there acceptable guidelines for turn around times on order confirmations?

I'm getting a little worried here and considering cancelling my order and requesting a refund.

Any tips are much appreciated :)

kyle2    10
kyle2

96 % not so good, and probably the reason why you are having issues. Check the sellers feedback to see if others have had similar issues, you might find you are not the only one. There is not much you can do, as frustrating as it is, you will have to wait a couple of weeks to see if your item arrives and then contact BoB for assistance. Some of these sellers claim that they don't have time to answer all the emails, which I find ridiculous, if you have one customer or 1000, each should be treated as if they are the only one. Good luck, hope you get your item.

silv3rback    10
silv3rback
96 % not so good, and probably the reason why you are having issues. Check the sellers feedback to see if others have had similar issues, you might find you are not the only one. There is not much you can do, as frustrating as it is, you will have to wait a couple of weeks to see if your item arrives and then contact BoB for assistance. Some of these sellers claim that they don't have time to answer all the emails, which I find ridiculous, if you have one customer or 1000, each should be treated as if they are the only one. Good luck, hope you get your item.

Thanks for your reply!

Did a bit of digging and gave the Support team at BOB a call - looks like my payment hasen't gone through [paid via PayPal over 3 days ago] so that's strange as it is.

I've contacted PayPal to reverse the funds back into my account - still no reply from the seller though :(

I had a look at his/her negative ratings and it does indeed seem like a few other buyers have also had poor/ no feedback at all on deliveries.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

If the payment hasn't gone through that would be a separate issue. However no response to an email query is not good practice from a seller ! Question - when you emailed the seller did you email from your order page, as in the email goes through the BoB system? or did you email from your email program eg Windows Live, etc using their contact email address ?

I have found that if an email comes through the BoB system it can slip through when I go through emails as I am receiving all my closed listings etc and it doesn't always stand out as such, if you know what I mean. So if that is how you have tried to email, I would suggest you email via the other route and see if you have a response.

silv3rback    10
silv3rback
If the payment hasn't gone through that would be a separate issue. However no response to an email query is not good practice from a seller ! Question - when you emailed the seller did you email from your order page, as in the email goes through the BoB system? or did you email from your email program eg Windows Live, etc using their contact email address ?

I have found that if an email comes through the BoB system it can slip through when I go through emails as I am receiving all my closed listings etc and it doesn't always stand out as such, if you know what I mean. So if that is how you have tried to email, I would suggest you email via the other route and see if you have a response.

I gave the BOB team a call yesterday, turns out the Payment wasn't allocated yet which is a bit strange.

In any case, the seller finally got back to me this morning and refunded my payment. Although annoying it took over 4 days for any kind of reply. I tried all avenues, via BOB itself and the email listed on the account. Telephone didn't work either.

Oh well, at least it's sorted now. Pity they missed out on the order.

Thanks for all the replies, appreciated!