Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Warning

Cali Craft and Gems

So much for trying to be helpful by highlighting the correct terminology or names for items listed of a particular bead seller.

I was being friendly and polite I was basically told to go shove it as I am "not an expert" and that she does know her products! She will list her items as she pleases and label them as she pleases whether it is honest or not!

I was only going through her listings as I was busy placing an order with her, but based on her attitude problem, I deleted my order entirely immediately!

What is it with people? One politely tries to help and your head gets bitten off in the process!

NEVER AGAIN!

alloway65

It is sad but unfortunately some people are just like that.

There are certain sellers on BoB I do not buy from any more because of their s**t attitude.

Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks Alloway...

I've bought from this woman before and quite honestly wanted to place a rather large order with her as she had some of the items I was wanting to import for our physical shop and it would have been quicker and easier to get it from her than from overseas, but if this is the way that she is going to carry on, then I'd much rather spend my money where at least I am worth something!

She went on to say that I myself have hundreds of mistakes in my listings and that I do not know what I'm doing. Apparently she could not be bothered to look at my items because they are not what they are marked as - she would not provide any examples.

Some examples I pointed out to her:

She is marking clay products as natural Malachite (uhm... shades of blue and brown).

Labels cheap glass products as Swarovski - what an insult to a high end expensive product.

A man made stone bead as natural - I explained to her the procedure that is used to make this item and I'm told I don't know what I'm talking about.

The list goes on...

But if she wants to be dishonest and mislead her buyers, then she must go ahead! I'm just sorry for the buyer who pays a small fortune for something that the item is not!

PS. As I've bought from her before, I directed my queries politely - "Hi ***, For your info: this product is..." or "is made by"... etc

Other sellers have always been most grateful for the help - this is the first time I've been snarled at for assisting! (she has since deleted all the messages but I'm sure BoB has a copy on the system)

alloway65

We all occasionally copy a listing and overlook certain aspects that have to be changed. I am oh so pleased when someone points my mistakes out to me.

I import 99% of our medical products and source possibly one percent locally where I can buy limited quantities at a reasonable price....instead of container loads.

Not1CentMore

I had a potential Buyer (on Friday) send an inquiry via Q&A, letting me know the Title of item did not 'match' the thumbnail... fingers working faster than brain syndrome. I thanked the person for pointing out my error.

I am human. I make mistakes. I would much rather have my mistakes pointed out to me so I can correct them than to be labeled a 'cheat', a 'liar', a 'fraudster', etc. When an error is not corrected and one puts on 'attitude', that is not only not good business, it also may be perceived as a 'flaw' in one's character.

Cali, you were trying to be helpful. No one should be faulted for that. Wash your hands of the 'hoopla' and 'let the chips fall where they may'.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

tanyavdm13

or maybe you just caught her on a bad day , when things just went wrong , as you did say you have bought from her before ? and people do tend to read any form of text with there own emotions not always knowing how the sender meant it to be, so when you having a bad/good day you will read text with the emotions that you currently have ,

Cali Craft and Gems

Seller replied to me stating that she was not feeling well and that she could not be bothered to deal with me. And with regards to my order, she basically told me to go and jump because she "did not need my orders"!

Tell me then... who in their right mind would turn down an order of over R2k?

I have in the mean time decided to import the goods as at least with the international sellers the buyer is treated nicely!

(When one runs your own business you have to smile and be polite to your customers no matter how you are feeling or how your day has been!)

tanyavdm13

Maybe you should in future ask first if a person would mind some "help" as people do not always know what is intended with other people trying to "help"

And when you started this"warning" it was also not very nice of you.

Edited by tanyavdm13

Cali Craft and Gems

And please tell me WHY you have to drag HISTORY into this?

For your information, the seller in question with regards to all of those ratings knew very well that I needed an invoice for tax purposes yet flatly refused to do so - I gave him weeks to get his act in gear which he did not! I waited TWO months for this to materialise and all I got in the end was SNC's. I could therefore not give him positive ratings, but refused to give him negatives!

The fact of this thread remains that the BEAD seller I was dealing with has a stinking attitude which has chased me away. Besides, not once have I mentioned this sellers' name yet you find it necessary to drag my name through the mud... And by someone who has how many ratings?

Not very nice of you tanyavdm13! :cry:

PS. That seller in particular that you so kindly copied the ratings from is now one of my suppliers! So do some homework before you drag up history!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems