Sign in to follow this  
Silver_911

Bidders with no ratings bidding on my auctions.. Please help!

Silver_911    10
Silver_911

I have had 3 auctions so far in the last 2 months with bidders bidding on my items with no ratings. They have turned out to be scammers.

I now have a different product that I am selling and I have buyers with no ratings bidding on my items. I have deleted these bids but they keep bidding again. I know it's a scam. Please advise how I can get rid of this problem permanently for all auctions and buy-nows? I am picking up a lot of fictitious buyers recently.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Relax, we all had to start once upon a time. Management frowns on discrimination of 1st time buyers, A lot of money is put into advertising, or send them to me:grin:

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1

All first time buyers aren't bad. You get the odd one that do not pay. I just had a new buyer bought an item and paid within minutes. You also had no ratings when you started on BOB. I hope all the new BOB users that bid or buy your stuff will make payment. Do not throw your money away by deleting the bids :grin:

JANDS    10
JANDS

Online shopping brought to reality. Of late I have had to file quite a few snc's on new buyers, BUT, woven among them are new buyers who do pay, and with a great enthusiastic attitude. These are buyers I did not have before and I welcome them.

Be patient, it is life, the good and the bad.

rscgogreen    10
rscgogreen

I have been on bob for three months now. I have alot of bidders bidding on my items with with no ratings or ratings ranging from only 1-5. These buyers are not paying. I keep having to load SNC's. Please can someone tell me why I am attracting these buyers. I am at my wits end :sad2:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Non-paying Buyers are just 'part of the game'. It happens. And it is not just 'newbies'. I have had Buyers with triple digit+ feedback bale.

In the last two weeks I have had four Buyers; three of those had no ratings and one had one positive. One of the 'newbies' with no ratings paid immediately. The other three... not a peep. Am I holding my breath? No. If any of the other Buyers remit payment, it will be a 'pleasant surprise'.

Recourse remains the same. Since Sellers can't reach out and shake the puddin' out of non-paying Buyers, we file a SNC and when the SNC is finalized, we leave appropriate feedback (rating) so other Sellers are aware of the Buyer's non-payment (and it just may 'rattle their cage' enough that the non-paying Buyer will actually 'clean up his / her act' and do right; honor their transactions.

After a fashion, when the negatives pile up, BoB will take action and either temporarily suspend or blacklist them.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore
spelling 'hiccup'

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

To answer your question, I think in your case it could be the shipping. A lot of buyers tend to overlook the shipping price until it's time to pay. Then the "Yeah Me" becomes a "not worth it". You may find yourself more successful if you increase your selling price and decrease your shipping charges.

I have been on bob for three months now. I have alot of bidders bidding on my items with with no ratings or ratings ranging from only 1-5. These buyers are not paying. I keep having to load SNC's. Please can someone tell me why I am attracting these buyers. I am at my wits end :sad2:

rscgogreen    10
rscgogreen

Good day

My shipping is the exact price it costs to ship the parcel. R22.00 for Econo & R45.00 Fastway. Even my prices are low.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Good day

My shipping is the exact price it costs to ship the parcel. R22.00 for Econo & R45.00 Fastway. Even my prices are low.

Sorry, you may want to go take a look at your shipping. Counter to counter R100, does not specify how, so econopost is presumed. That was my first thought...no offense:blush: intended

rscgogreen    10
rscgogreen

I do not take offence. I really do appreciate all the advice I can get. Before I loaded new auctions or buy now items I adjusted my shipping methods. I had a buyer wanting to collect a parcel from me. When I said no he refused to pay for the item. I still sit with the problem.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

R22 for econoparcel?. You gonna loose big time! What packaging material do you use Rscgogreen? Bubble wrap, etc.

Edited by MiemsJewels

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
R22 for econoparcel?. You gonna loose big time! What packaging material do you use Rscgogreen? Bubble wrap, etc.

I agree you may loose, even when re-using boxes, bubble wrap etc, at some stage you may need to buy some and you already need things like packing tape (lots !), glue, paper, ink for your printer etc. They are all small amounts but add up!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
I agree you may loose, even when re-using boxes, bubble wrap etc, at some stage you may need to buy some and you already need things like packing tape (lots !), glue, paper, ink for your printer etc. They are all small amounts but add up!

So true! :razz: (my little Miley)