Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Hello from the USA.

wayjen

Greetings from Florida., USA. Been here 2 weeks now and dying from the heat. Just returned (this morning USA time) from a week cruise to the Bahamas onboard the cruise ship Norwegian Sky. I must have put on the kilo's because of the 24 hour buffet areas we had onboard. Not sure about my tan or lack thereof but I may look like a Bahama Lobster.

Jongleur
Greetings from Florida., USA. Been here 2 weeks now and dying from the heat. Just returned (this morning USA time) from a week cruise to the Bahamas onboard the cruise ship Norwegian Sky. I must have put on the kilo's because of the 24 hour buffet areas we had onboard. Not sure about my tan or lack thereof but I may look like a Bahama Lobster.

Greetings Brother Wayne. Does your parole officer know where you are ?

wayjen
Greetings Brother Wayne. Does your parole officer know where you are ?

She came with me, someone needs to change my Huggies straightjacket.

Jongleur
She came with me, someone needs to change my Huggies straightjacket.

You have a female parole officer ! Wow. Don`t you just loooooove a lady in uniform ? Sort of air - hostess style.

wayjen

Don't get me started on air hostesses cause I seen plenty but let's not forget the women onboard the ships and on the islands woweeee!!!!!!!!!

Jongleur
Don't get me started on air hostesses cause I seen plenty but let's not forget the women onboard the ships and on the islands woweeee!!!!!!!!!

And back home all we have for excitement is reading threads on the forum about shrinking erections

and strangling gels and things.

Not1CentMore

A BIG welcome to this side of the flat map, Wayne. If you ever wander up this-a-way, stop in... 'course, may want to warn the 'locals' first. Not sure if they'd be ready for both of us and our 'off-the-wall' humor. Ahhh, heck with 'em. Got a quart mason jar and lots of paper. We can sit on the porch and fill it with spit wads before we go 'paint the town'.

Ruthie

wayjen

hi Ruthie, thanks for the welcome to the USA, must still get a phone on this side then I will give you a shout. Our daughter lost her phone on one of the islands in the Bahamas and is busy with AT&T and is trying to get another one.

MsPlod

Hope you guys are having a total jorl Wayne! Paint the towns rainbow...

Little Miss Muffet

Oh!! So!! That is what you are up to

Don't tell the Americans you come from South Africa.They normally answer "But you are white" and think you have lions living in your back garden.

Enjoy!!:colbert:

Not1CentMore

Wayne packed lions in his luggage?

If / When you 'mosey' up this way, Wayne, bring 'em with you. My alligators (had to put 'something' in the 2-foot deep and 4-foot wide 200' ditch I had dug on the 'north 40') would love to have new 'playmates'.:wink:

Ruthie

wayjen

Don't tell the Americans you come from South Africa.They normally answer "But you are white" and think you have lions living in your back garden.

i met the neighbors on the first or second day and a lady here thought we had wild life in the streets and did not know that Cape Town and or South Africa was built up and not all rural.

alloway65

Don't worry Wayne I fed your pet Lions while you were away.

You were also very lucky that the ship did not run aground, catch fire or have an engine breakdown.......the G**s were with you.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

wayjen

Thanks guys and gals we enjoying it here but it's so darn humid. Everyday it us above 30 degrees but the temp feels like low 40's which makes it worse. We have a massive pool in the complex right outside our door and after two or so weeks, we have yet to set foot in it. Thunderstorms are an almost daily occurrence here.

Not1CentMore

Have ya started growing gills along the jawline yet? The humidity makes one feel like a fish trying to breathe under water. Heat isn't so bad... it's the humidity that will get ya.

Ruthie

Little Miss Muffet

Wayne tell your neighbour to google Cape Town. Maybe Ruthie is the only American with a computer. :laugh:

svw

So...that's why things have been so quiet around here lately - sounds like you're having a blast!

wayjen

I almost never made it here. On the flight from Joburg to Heathrow aboard Virgin Atlantic, I had some fainting spills (from what I was told it was 3 but 2 were within minutes of each other and the 3rd within an half hour to an hour after the others), so Virgin Atlantic had to make out a report and I had to go for a medical check up in London. No bear in mind that we had already organized our pick up in Miami and there was no way to contact them and Virgin Atlantic would not let me get the connecting flight to Miami with my family so I told them to go alone and leave me in the UK. Now alone in the UK with no money and no visa and no one to contact I was at the mercy of Virgin Atlantic. They pulled out all the stops and organised via the Border Control people a 24 visa for medical emergencies and ordered and paid for a taxi to take me to hospital where I was checked out by about 5 or 6 doctors then they ordered and paid for the taxi back a few hours later and to my surprise they booked me on another flight to Miami via Newark, New Jersey a couple of hours later. They also gave me 2 world calling cards to phone my family.

We had left South Africa on the sunday afternoon and my family arrived in Miami the monday afternoon and I followed 12am monday night early tuesday morning, it was very stressful for all of us but the help from the Virgin Atlantic staff both on the flight and off was amazing and even some passengers helped me when I passed out and they came up to me when we landed in Heathrow to see if I was ok.

Little Miss Muffet

So ? Nothing wrong with you?

Believe me ladies men are scarred of heights:toung:. Hubby hates flying and will rather let me go alone than get on an aeroplane.

He was forced to go one year when he got a ticket to UK as a Christmas present from the boys. He really looked that gift horse in the mouth

When they flew to Scotland my son said he clung to the seats

Sorry if I am wrong Wayne.What was wrong with you?

Edited by geewhizz

alloway65

Me too, I hate flying, but that was my part of job during my corporate days...now we don't fly unless absolutely necessary....but we are flying next year to see our three Aussie Grandchildren.....we hope all is ok with you Wayne......when we fly I really partake of the free booze!

Wayne you are only supposed to join the 30 000 club once....two or three time is more than my aging body can handle.

wayjen

the first time e came over in 2009 it happened and what happens is that i break out in a cold sweat and feel ill and it feels like I need the toilet but that trip I just got to the toilet and actually laid on the floor to get cold, I almost stripped down too just to get cold but this time I never made it to the toilet and passed out in the aisle. Lucky a doctor was onboard this flight and took my blood pressure and it was low and my pulse was slow. The cabin ladies said it was night flying syndrome but the doctors had not heard about it cause it only happened at night and on my occasion it was night time. The doctors at the hospital in London did check my blood and heart and some other tests and cleared me to fly (had to get a letter from them for Virgin Atlantic) but from what I understand it could have been anything as they did not say with certainty what was wrong with me.

The hospital has free outpatients and only charge when you get booked in which was good.

alloway65

Not a nice experience Wayne, so glad you are OK....come home on a daytime flight.

Maybe you were allergic to something in the food.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Just Beachin

How Wonderful! Sounds like your having a great time! Keep your raincoat on to avoid the lobster look and give my regards to Broadway!