Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

How low can you go?

Vegar    10
Vegar

An experienced seller bid on an item of mine and I never heard from them again.

Their rating is 92.9%

They have sold 878 items and got 46 negatives

They bought 220 items and got 7 negatives for non-payment.

Right, I should have deleted their bid because they are obviously not trust worthy - I have blocked them.

I looked at the negative ratings they have given to non-paying buyers:

"SHOULD BE BLACK LISTED, NOT RELIABLE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUYER"

"People like this should not be allowed on BOB DONT WASTE MY TIME!!!"

"Dont bid and waste sellers time BEWARE OF THIS BUYER ALL SELLERS!!!!!!!"

In light of the above it is clear that this seller knows the rules ... and knows what it feels like to get a bid from someone who has no problem ignoring the bidding contract.

So, HOW LOW can your rating drop before there are any consequences?

I have been WARNED that because this seller deals in expensive items they will be tolerated and can flaunt the rules ... right?

Edited by Vegar
typo

qball    10
qball

Please stop opening multiple threads on this issue.

The discretion to blacklist a user rests with bidorbuy. The seller still has a fairly good track record, only 7 negatives out of 220 purchases, I would not consider this a candidate for blacklisting. Overall, they are not a bad buyer. If the ratings reach 75% then we will look at blacklisting. At this stage we would issue them with a warning regarding non fulfillment and increase in negative ratings. We look at their overall track record, number of SNCs filed against them, reasons for not completing the sales etc.

The so called "warning" you received is pure speculation, the person who told you this obviously does not know what they are talking about as it is pure fantasy!

Vegar    10
Vegar
Please stop opening multiple threads on this issue.

The discretion to blacklist a user rests with bidorbuy. The seller still has a fairly good track record, only 7 negatives out of 220 purchases, I would not consider this a candidate for blacklisting. Overall, they are not a bad buyer. If the ratings reach 75% then we will look at blacklisting. At this stage we would issue them with a warning regarding non fulfillment and increase in negative ratings. We look at their overall track record, number of SNCs filed against them, reasons for not completing the sales etc.

The so called "warning" you received is pure speculation, the person who told you this obviously does not know what they are talking about as it is pure fantasy!

Thank you for your response.

I will make a note that only getting 7 negatives for not honoring the bidding contract is considered a "fairly good" track record. Personally I believe in honoring ALL my bids - but there are obviously people who feel lenient about this.

It is fairly common for people to state that Bidorbuy is biased towards the bigger sellers - perhaps a convenient myth.

I seldom post here so please forgive me for airing my frustration from two different perspectives.

Vegar    10
Vegar

Sorry for persisting - in the other thread I was asking about the list where you report non-paying bidders. Is that list useful in any way? Is there any point in reporting non-paying bidders there?

Thanks for your time.

qball    10
qball
Sorry for persisting - in the other thread I was asking about the list where you report non-paying bidders. Is that list useful in any way? Is there any point in reporting non-paying bidders there?

Thanks for your time.

Yes there is, if you click on the users listed, they are blacklisted. The security staff check the list regularly.

qball    10
qball
Thank you for your response.

I will make a note that only getting 7 negatives for not honoring the bidding contract is considered a "fairly good" track record. Personally I believe in honoring ALL my bids - but there are obviously people who feel lenient about this.

It is fairly common for people to state that Bidorbuy is biased towards the bigger sellers - perhaps a convenient myth.

I seldom post here so please forgive me for airing my frustration from two different perspectives.

We look at many factors before simply blacklisting. In terms of buying, the ratio of negatives versus positives does not, in our view, justify blacklisting a user. The user has received a warning and requested to complete orders and improve their rating score. So we give them an opportunity to rectify the issues first. If they continue to fail to conclude their auctions, we will then look at sterner measures.

The "bias" issue is older than Noah and the Ark, it is indeed a myth. I can hear all the "conspiracy theorists" throwing their 2 cents worth in round about now...

Yes, one should always honour bids, but there are times when life and circumstances play a role and one cannot always fulfill your obligations, the result is you get rated negatively. This does not mean you are a bad buyer or a time waster. Ratings are also manipulated by users (by both buyers and sellers, sometimes they are not factual, accurate or fair) and some users don't fight as hard to keep their records 100% clean, they just accept the ratings and move on.

Thank you for your feedback.