Sign in to follow this  
meeks

WITSPOST is on strike again!!!

meeks

Apparently there is a postal strike ..again.. It is not clear whether it is all the postal hubs, or just Witspos and Tshwane, but some post offices are sitting with a backlog of parcels that have to go through the hubs, and there have been no collections this week as yet.:worried:

TribalTrade

WITSPOST is on strike again!!!

I just got confirmation from the Vanderbijlpark Hub that WitsPost and Germiston Hubs are on strike.

No parcels have left my Post Office since yesterday. No parcels will be collected until further notice.:mad:

DIY PRODUCTS

Postal Strike letter of confirmation...Because my word isn't good enough...

To my buyers and anyone else interested.

the post office is on strike, and since everybodys been soooooo nice about it, I demanded a confirmation letter from the branch manager today, cause my word isnt good enough. So please find it attached. She mentioned 2-3 months...IMG00758-20130903-1509_1378214172866_o.jpg.a51762eef5498f414c763060b1d3e070.jpg

Kit W
I just got confirmation from the Vanderbijlpark Hub that WitsPost and Germiston Hubs are on strike.

No parcels have left my Post Office since yesterday. No parcels will be collected until further notice.:mad:

Thanks for the heads-up....I am SURPRISED that the SAPO are on strike!!

Miss Jewels

[h=5]South African Post Office

[/h][h=5]Industrial Action at Witspos

Temporary employees in Witspos have embarked on industrial action as part of a lobbying campaign to be permanently appointed.

The action has had a limited impact on mail processing and transport arrangements in the Witwatersrand only. Mail delivery in the Witwatersrand area is delayed by 24 hours at this time. Processing in other areas of South Africa is not affected.

[/h]

ATA STAMP CENTRE
South African Post Office

Industrial Action at Witspos

Temporary employees in Witspos have embarked on industrial action as part of a lobbying campaign to be permanently appointed.

The action has had a limited impact on mail processing and transport arrangements in the Witwatersrand only. Mail delivery in the Witwatersrand area is delayed by 24 hours at this time. Processing in other areas of South Africa is not affected.

Only in SOUTH AFRICA would TEMPORARY WORKERS have the effing MENTALITY to strike for a PERMANENT position.

That is a surefire way to ensure u will be PERMANENTLY EMPLOYED as any company (PARASTATEL)would surely make people who would strike at the drop of a hat A PERMANENT EMPLOYEE!!!!

The mind boggles,who is brainwashing these idiots??JM probably!!!And this is not the first time these idiots have tried this.Did not work previously so why would it now!!!!!!!!!!

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

Cali Craft and Gems

Heard this from a supplier and just had to come to BoB to see if it was true! :(

This explains why my two most important incoming international parcels are "in limbo" since getting to Gauteng on 27 August! I paid a small fortune for these items and need to sell them in order to pay for the last part of my huge order (my poor supplier will be getting more grey by the day!).

SAPO is useless, but they will remain useless torturing us by the short and curlies because they can! If only we had another postal service which was even just 10% more reliable than them!

(sigh)

alloway65

I have just received two packages, one Registered & one Speed Services....and neither had been opened......my lucky day.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I have just received two packages, one Registered & one Speed Services....and neither had been opened......my lucky day.

Give that man BELLS!!better make that a double!:laugh:

Vegar

Have a heart. These people are employed for 3 to 6 months and then get fired before they get 'permanence'. Then they are RE-HIRED and their skills and experience is being exploited. This way they are not entitled to benefits, UIF and a yearly raise.

Cape Town municipality uses the same dirty trick. Because of the way the unions work the 'temporary' workers cannot go to CCMA - and so it goes on for years.

YiaYia1

Oh no SAPO is on your side... Size of bribe????..:grin::grin::grin:

Cali Craft and Gems

I was amazed by the SAPO today - believe it or not!

A long time friend of mine in Wales bought a stunning pair of earrings for his wife. The parcel was dispatched on Thurs 28 August via registered airmail and he received it this morning. Five working days for a desination several thousand km away (yet parcels within SA barely move!?)!

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Have a heart. These people are employed for 3 to 6 months and then get fired before they get 'permanence'. Then they are RE-HIRED and their skills and experience is being exploited. This way they are not entitled to benefits, UIF and a yearly raise.

Cape Town municipality uses the same dirty trick. Because of the way the unions work the 'temporary' workers cannot go to CCMA - and so it goes on for years.

This is not a labour debate.:smile:

The problem is the striking mentality as a means to any end.

IF you want a permanent job,make yourself indispensable,and believe me the deadwood supervisor thats want u there so he looks good will ensure u get a permanent position.DONT JUST STRIKE!!!

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

XTRADE

Just came back from the Post Office, apparently Pretoria/Tshwane Distribution center is also on strike now... What a headache

YSLMAGIC

i got the ffg message from my branch this morning...........i'm sending it to all my buyers because i know they going to start fighting:sad:

Hi

Hope you are well, please do not bring any parcels as I got no place in the office, mail has not been picked for

2 days now due to the casual workers being on strike, will call u as soon as they pick the lot that I have.

MiemsJewels

Nou ja, what a day!! E-mails down, (some) internet networks down, some internet networks on "slow" strike, post office on strike! What's next?

NooNooBug
Nou ja, what a day!! E-mails down, (some) internet networks down, some internet networks on "slow" strike, post office on strike! What's next?

Time to grab a book and find a sunny spot outside !!

XTRADE

I spoke to the contact center like 5 minutes ago. They say that Witspos workers started working again today..

foxmulder2007
I spoke to the contact center like 5 minutes ago. They say that Witspos workers started working again today..

If this is true then it will be good news indeed. I'll wait for confirmation before I start celebrating though...

medley

Is the Post Office strike at witspos still on?