Sign in to follow this  
Kit W

Images not being displayed

Kit W

:wtf:

Images that I loaded for Crazy Wednesday on 2/9/2013 are not being displayed TODAY.

Please advise as to what the problem MAY be!!

Kit W

MacMuffin
:wtf:

Images that I loaded for Crazy Wednesday on 2/9/2013 are not being displayed TODAY.

Please advise as to what the problem MAY be!!

Kit W

Hi there - we are sorry to say, that we experienced an outage last night (http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/bidorbuy-announcements/18824-bidorbuy-outage-%40-1-35am-3rd-september-2013-a.html) and you seem to be one of the unfortunate users affected by this.

Our customer care team can assist with editing your trades (if the trades had exposure already) or alternatively it will be quicker for you to re-upload the images.

During the course of today we should be able to recover images from our primary storage, but do not have an ETA (typically a rebuild of a storage array alone can take up to 6-8 hours before we are able to access data on it).

Kit W

Thanks Mac. I thought that I was having another Senior moment. Regards

Not1CentMore

Some 'In the wings' (yet to open) auctions thumbnails gone. Better than (my) last night when all 2500 were MIA. Can ya wave your magic wand or do I need to re-do?

Thanks.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

MacMuffin
Some 'In the wings' (yet to open) auctions thumbnails gone. Better than (my) last night when all 2500 were MIA. Can ya wave your magic wand or do I need to re-do?

Thanks.

Ruthie

Hi Ruthie,

the images for items yet to open from 22/09 onwards are residing on the storage array we have issues with. I don't think it will be necessary to reload images - lets wait until we manage to recover the other storage array and we will resync your images and if all goes will, your thumbnails etc will just re-appear.

Kit W
Hi Ruthie,

the images for items yet to open from 22/09 onwards are residing on the storage array we have issues with. I don't think it will be necessary to reload images - lets wait until we manage to recover the other storage array and we will resync your images and if all goes will, your thumbnails etc will just re-appear.

The problem that I have is that I cannot

edit
the listings as they already have an opening bid - will have to be patient and live with items getting no further views!! 15h45 on 3/9/2013

TribalTrade

I see that seller Pro Sales has no images on his Crazy Wednesday listings.

Maybe someone from Bidorbuy can contact him and assist him with this, as I see that he will sell a lot of goods at next to nothing.

qball
Have done so - many thanks. Kit W

Please check, they have been loaded. We can only really assist users who do not have lots of images.

Not1CentMore
Hi Ruthie,

Still have 200 +/- thumbnails/pics in listings missing (thumbnail pic is also displayed in listing). Are these recoverable your side or should I upload pics again? All are 09.22/23...'in the wings'.

Hmmm... :idea: (unless I really am dumber than a box of rocks and blind as a bat) would there be a way to add a search function option to 'Upload Thumbnail' (in the same place where it says 'browse gallery' or 'link') so instead of uploading same pic heaven only knows how many times or sorting through page after page after... looking for it, we could type in the item/stock/etc number (example: 1234A) and use the one already uploaded?

Ruthie

NooNooBug

Shame Ruthie ! Wow I hope they can "find" your images or at least make it easier to reload. Hope you have lots of coffee, sounds like you'll be needing it !

Rare NotesCoins

And still no pictures. What's taking so long. I will have to delete everything and relist it :mad:

Not1CentMore
Shame Ruthie ! Wow I hope they can "find" your images or at least make it easier to reload. Hope you have lots of coffee, sounds like you'll be needing it !

Lots and lots of double mocha espressos... half-way done. The rest can wait until Saturday. My 'miracle worker' is back from an extended holiday and I am going into town tomorrow to get 'beautified' at the salon.

Ruthie

MacMuffin

Hi there,

our repair of the previously damaged storage system is still running. We can recover any images for userids ending between 500 and 999. We are still waiting for the recovery of userid's ending with 000-499 (which unfortunately affects all 3 of you).

If your trades do not open in the next few days, do not upload the images, we will refresh them for you. It would have affected images uploaded on the 2nd September.