Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

"Houston... We Have A Problem"

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Somehow my payment options were updated and now show I accept BoBPay EFT, BoB Bucks (voucher) and Cash Deposit. Nope, Nope and Nope. I am unable to use any of these options as I do not reside in SA and do not have a SA bank account... and I cannot UNcheck them. (all icons currently show under 'Shipping & Payment'). Was this an auto-thingy when I updated my credit card info or is Wayne 'walking the halls' again:whistling:?

PayPal and EBT/EFT to my USA bank are the only options and are noted in all auctions AND under 'Shipping & Payment'. Specifically says BoBPay is NOT accepted, but...

The options now showing may confuse the dickens out of some potential Buyers.

What to do... what to do... what to do... :confused:

Ruthie

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Still the same. It went 'poof' (unticked) for a couple of days and now back again and I cannot uncheck.... won't let me.

Also, re-list function on auctions unavailable last two days; can't auto re-list.

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

This place be haunted.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
This place be haunted.

Gremlins or a man wearing a trench coat?:whistling: Hiya, Wayne!!

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Wayjen was there!

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
Somehow my payment options were updated and now show I accept BoBPay EFT, BoB Bucks (voucher) and Cash Deposit. Nope, Nope and Nope. I am unable to use any of these options as I do not reside in SA and do not have a SA bank account... and I cannot UNcheck them. (all icons currently show under 'Shipping & Payment'). Was this an auto-thingy when I updated my credit card info or is Wayne 'walking the halls' again:whistling:?

PayPal and EBT/EFT to my USA bank are the only options and are noted in all auctions AND under 'Shipping & Payment'. Specifically says BoBPay is NOT accepted, but...

The options now showing may confuse the dickens out of some potential Buyers.

What to do... what to do... what to do... :confused:

Ruthie

Wow that is confusing!

As a regular buyer on Bob (based in Australia) I am now restricted to sellers who accept BoB Credit Cards or Paypal

Many people know that my interest is and remains in precious metals

BoB sellers who offer Paypal or credit card options and multiple coins get my bids which drive up their prices while those who do not now miss out. I recently had a batch of successful bids cancelled because of the new payment options... so will not be bidding on any item that does not offer Paypal or credit card in future.

Suggest all overseas buyers be careful about this and BoB wake up to the fact that the Internet is GLOBAL - if you want to stay local then your sellers WILL suffer.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

qball    10
qball

Hi Scott

It's not that simple. When you are removed from the seller's group, when you re-register you automatically go onto bobPay, this is to ensure that we get paid our fees, but a foreign seller can be removed by simply contacting us. Most foreign sellers can offer any payment option they like, they can even offer bobPay, to make it easier for locals to pay them, and we then do a foreign transfer to the overseas seller. So yes, we are thinking global... :cool:

B.T.W. not ALL local sellers can accept credit cards or Paypal, for the very simple reason - paypal accounts must be linked to a FNB account locally, not all sellers bank with FNB, not only that, after all the fees they charge, it adds up to an additional 8% to their transaction fees, for most sellers this is simply too much. We offer credit cards through bobPay, but this too attracts a 5% fee, so many sellers don't want to accept it due to the costs and risks of charge backs from foreign card holders. Although we will be introducing 3D Secure shortly, the costs to accept credit cards for some sellers is too prohibitive and affects their margins negatively.

I guess we are NOT as fast asleep as you would like to believe... :ninja:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
I guess we are NOT as fast asleep as you would like to believe...

I never suggested that you were fast asleep and at the risk of being banned I would just say that an overseas buyer on BoB faces very real issues when placing a bid which carries legal responsibilities that you include in the bidding process... I would have thought that BoB would (like eBay do) provide a blanket solution for overseas bidders and sellers on auctions because at the moment this Internet auction place jeopardises those from overseas - whether buyer or seller. (BTW I have never seen the credit card option for BoBpay advertised.. and never used it - as you know a few weeks ago I appealed to you directly for options when my successful bids were undermined by the current payment options available to me)

When I bid on coins the amount I add to the value of the sale of the item is often more than 10% ... most sellers understand this and are happy to accept my bid unfortunately some don't. Your response in the post above seems to suggest that overseas bidders and sellers should cop it sweet and use another online auction option like eBay.

I am hoping you can resolve this because BoB is a great place but needs to look at the bigger picture.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

qball    10
qball
I never suggested that you were fast asleep and at the risk of being banned I would just say that an overseas buyer on BoB faces very real issues when placing a bid which carries legal responsibilities that you include in the bidding process... I would have thought that BoB would (like eBay do) provide a blanket solution for overseas bidders and sellers on auctions because at the moment this Internet auction place jeopardises those from overseas - whether buyer or seller. (BTW I have never seen the credit card option for BoBpay advertised.. and never used it - as you know a few weeks ago I appealed to you directly for options when my successful bids were undermined by the current payment options available to me)

When I bid on coins the amount I add to the value of the sale of the item is often more than 10% ... most sellers understand this and are happy to accept my bid unfortunately some don't. Your response in the post above seems to suggest that overseas bidders and sellers should cop it sweet and use another online auction option like eBay.

I am hoping you can resolve this because BoB is a great place but needs to look at the bigger picture.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Hi Scott

I think you have missed the point completely. We are not eBay, we cannot provide a blanket solution. There are certain financial, legal and regulatory restrictions which limit this and prohibit us from simply offering a blanket solution. One being the SA Reserve Bank...

ANY bidder should READ the payment options first... before simply bidding, this is NOT a US or UK based site where blanket payment methods can be applied. Sellers have flexibility and freedom to choose other payment options, but most simply don't because of the prohibitive costs in using them, for example paypal, Western Union, Money gram etc. It is very costly to accept these foreign payments. Even a direct SWIFT transfer is costly.

I think I have explained the limitations quite clearly Scott. Most SA sellers simply don't want to accept them or use them due to the reasons explained already. We can't force people to use the credit card option or paypal. We also don't just offer anyone the credit card option, due to the risks of charge backs, as sellers need to take the responsibility for accepting the payment.

Not to mention many sellers don't want to sell to overseas buyers, because of the payment issues, logistics and costly shipping. Again, this is not something we can force onto sellers. Issues like acceptance of paypal are not in our control, it took FNB a long time to get Reserve Bank approval, so the number of people who can offer it is limited, due to the requirements set out by FNB and paypal.

Ultimately it is the seller's choice to offer whatever payment options they want to, not bidorbuy's.

dstorm    10
dstorm

It adds up to an additional 8% to their transaction fees:ninja:

I recently sold an item for R5010-00 on BoB. After PayPal and the bank took their cut, I got R4554-00 out.

Edited by dstorm
copy plus paste error

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
This place be haunted.

Are you back home, Wayne? This would explain the strange computer happenings in my life right now! :sneaky:

wayjen    10
wayjen
Are you back home, Wayne? This would explain the strange computer happenings in my life right now! :sneaky:

nope, sitting here in Florida still.

alloway65    10
alloway65
nope, sitting here in Florida still.

Pensioners Paradise.......I did not know you had retired Wayne.......we thought about it as well, but too humid for us.

We decided to stay with the sea of rubbish on our potholed streets.

wayjen    10
wayjen

geez man this place is hot and over 30 degrees every day even when it storms here.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

When will you be back, Wayne?

wayjen    10
wayjen
When will you be back, Wayne?

When the money runs out or after my plastic surgery.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I am 'ticked' again. Payment options show:

BoB EFT

Bob Bucks

Cash Deposit

Please UNtick. This is causing confusion with potential Buyers. PayPal and EBT/EFT to my USA bank only payment options.

Thanks.

Ruthie

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Once again, BoB is 'fast on the draw'. Thank-you!

Ruthie

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Oh Ruthie your account seems to have been targetted for gremlins this month !

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Oh Ruthie your account seems to have been targetted for gremlins this month !

Gremlins... Wayne:whistling:... or a 'glinch' in the system. Thankfully, Andries, Cuan and Miss Lorraine sorted it all out and Advanced Seller status re-instated and the 'ticks' are now unticked.

A few more gray hairs, maybe, and what I pulled out will grow back:biggrin: ('course, I 'hear-tell' "bald is beautiful"), so all is good in this corner of the flat map.

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

oi!!!!

I saw that!!!

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Must be "Pick on Wayne" or "Blame it on Wayne" Month ...hehe...

alloway65    10
alloway65

But as Wayne has boosted the Balance of Payments in the USA with all his outrageous spending, Obama will be sending Air Force One to bring him home...as a small token of America's appreciation.:blink1:

wayjen    10
wayjen

I just wish I had more money to spend here, they have cool stuff South African's have not seen and heard of.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Gremlins... Wayne:whistling:... or a 'glinch' in the system. Thankfully, Andries, Cuan and Miss Lorraine sorted it all out and Advanced Seller status re-instated and the 'ticks' are now unticked.

A few more gray hairs, maybe, and what I pulled out will grow back:biggrin: ('course, I 'hear-tell' "bald is beautiful"), so all is good in this corner of the flat map.

Ruthie

Please fear when Wayne is near Ruthie. :bigsmile: