Sign in to follow this  
Hans100

A Scandal of Note - A Huge ongoing scam using fictitious bidders for shill bidding

Hans100

I ask myself how this scam that I will detail can go undetected by the powers that be for at least a year? Naturally BoB benefits from the commission payable and since we are talking about high ticket items the total amount of value involved in what is clearly a scam operation must prompt the question why this has not been detected by BoB? What is the consequence when a legitimate bidder ends up paying substantially more on a items due to the illegal raising of the sale price due to shill bids. Very straight forward investigation has led me to be exposed to a practice ongoing for over a year where fictitious bidders clearly created by the seller have been used to manipulate the result with a more favourable closing price.

Generally speaking I would have thought that a new bidder would be required to furnish some form of identification and this together with the server address of the bidder anomalies could easily be exposed! Obviously not the case as it seems all one has to offer for registration is an unsubstantiated name and address . Frankly I wish I did not come across this obvious fraud which due to the extent and depth of the activity and particularly the arrogance in the denial of the alleged perpetrator, it obviously cannot be ignored . Im amazed that there is no mechanism to trigger attention of BoB security when prescribed criteria are detected and flagged .

When bidding on a particular item, I like many other bidders no doubt will always gauge my competition thruout the process at some point by referring to their historical evidence of items won thereby giving one an insight to their possible strategy.

When we are interested in a consumer item in the area of technology we would consider that the Camera od various lenses , the range of smart phones such as the Ipad or Galaxy range as well as the range of tablets and lap tops that a buyer would target one item. So when one notices a fellow bidder have a history of winning similar items previously, more particularly notices that a large % or even all the sales to originate from one seller this would demand closer scrutiny! so to does the bidding activity of a novice or lowly rated bidder. Naturally wen one discovers certain criterea to be common its natural to look a bit further into the history of the seller and which ever buy

When as I did in this instance notice the seller to have rating comments listed from ONLY one other dealer over a long period of time this would certainly be unusual!

Thus yesterday I decided to bid on a camera :Digital SLR - Canon 550D with Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens ***LATE ENTRY*** for sale in Cape Town (ID:111573017) listed by G4Gadgets This was one of 3 digital Camera that together with 2 High value lenses, 3 Ipads ,, a High priced video camera, a lap top[ and a High value 3d Led television screen this was obviously a dealer , infact a new dealers since he only had a rating of 7. Then I noticed that the ratings which had all come from the same member Wealth By Design had winning bids on 6 of the 11 items . Closer scrutiny revealed that the seller had indeed won 3ipads, I High end lens and 2 laptops similar but not identical to what he was now sellin and amazingly the winning bidder was the seller of the similar items to him previously. No doubt this was highly suspicious Closer scrutiny also reveled bidders on other items that had NO ratings Sure that could be legitimate but along with the aforementioned state of affairs it required a bit more attention!

I took note that although both seller and bidder were from Cape Town and joined BoB within a week of each other a year ago the bidder had a rating of 1075 as opposed to the seller who only had 7 all from the bidder, Interestingly there was indeed one sale in March of a Blackberry Playbook that the buyer WBD had added comment on but the seller had not.

What was most peculiar was the fact that both entities sold the exact same line of High Priced items and the fact that they had bid on each others itens called for a further investigation in my opinion I alerted the security watch and outlined my suspicion.

In addition to this I decided to ask the question to the seller whether there was any relationship between the two of them!

I will C&P below but as far as I know when a question is answered it is exposed on the page which it was BUT after that there is no manner the seller can clear it away Correct? Indeed so But when I did a indepth scrutiny of the trading activity of Particularly wealth by design and then wanted to follow up the question to the reply given by the seller and expose him as a liar and misrepresenting the facts the follow up did not appear and indeed the original Q & a had been removed! NOW this could only be done by BOB and in the event they found my evidence plausible enuff to remove the initial Q $ A but still allow the auction to carry on what must one assume from that? Clearly to me this is a clear example of BoB allowing improper business at the expense and detriment of the legitimate bidders . Y I ask myself ... well it obviously still remains an opportunity for BoB to collect commission on the sale that would end tonight.

As alluded to at the outset I simply cannot believe that such a obvious scam that indeed goes a lot deeper and further than so far outlined could have gone un-noticed by BoB, Assuming they could well have been aware of this fraud since the turnover was in the upper range of return Is it then the policy as now evident for BoB to turn a blind eye to such practice and only act when a complaint is raised? I see another clever diversion that would be in denial of this possibility is the offering of a R500 reward for any member pointing out illicit dealing! I leave this subject of concern for further discussion .

Herewith the first Q& A

Q:

How are u and wealth by design related ? It seems rather suspect particularly when one notices the pattern on every item u listed over a period of 1year has always been won by what is a price punter.

A:

Firstly I take that false accusation very seriously, I have no control as to who bids on my goods, I know Wealth By Design to buy and sell electronics and that's all I know about him, yes I bid on his goods and its kinda clear he bid on a few of my goods. If you check his history like yours its one of over a thousand buys, and if he bids on my goods who am I to question him/her, I am a rookie when it comes to you guys, if you check my history Wealth has Never won any of my goods, yes I won a few of his check the good prices. So stop being a ass by falsely accusing me of being a fraud.

AS u can see a flat denial of any knowledge or possibility of wrong doing where I am also defamed as an ASS! haha!

I investigate just a bit further ...

Herewith below is the 2nd Q which I could not send as it was too long and 2ndly taking into consideration the evidence presented it would certainly not be expected that the seller could still carry on the charade so it would never see the light of day !

However in my retort pointing out his oversights that make him culpable and further to that more evidence that confirms WEALTH BY DESIGN is a fraudster and has knowingly manipulated the system at the expense of members and thereby benefited himself financially far in extent to what he would have derived if this calculated fraud had not taken place .

Q update: unpublished...

You state I must stop being a ass by falsely accusing you of being a fraud.& Wealth by Design is unknown to you and NEVER won any of yr items.! COULD YOU PLEASE THEN EXPLAIN JUST THESE THREE OF MANY COMMON DENOMINATORS? What about :BlackBerry Playbook 16GB (Mint Condition) Like New : won by R1,560.00 05 Mar 19:56 WealthByDesign1979? ( Never won any of my Goods! haha u just forgot no doubt!)What about comment made by WBD: Excellent Seller, Fast Delivery, Good Communication, Will Definitely Shop Again!!! & Comment made by YOU : Excellent Seller, Fast Delivery, will definitely shop again. A+++++ Seller! There are many other similarities in the comments given and received from both YOU & WBD that suggest it is one and the same person! How about the fact that WBD and You aka G4Gadgets have used the identical script iro Terms & Conditions using Red font on the respective camera Auctions pages of both you and WBD?. Just a 1000 to 1 co-incidence?

END OF PART1 wILL POST PART2 TO THIS OR PROBABLY A NEW STRING

Hans100

START OF PART2

AS u can see a flat denial of any knowledge or possibility of wrong doing where I am also defamed as an ASS! haha!

I investigate just a bit further ...

Herewith below is the 2nd Q which I could not send as it was too long and 2ndly taking into consideration the evidence presented it would certainly not be expected that the seller could still carry on the charade so it would never see the light of day !

However in my retort pointing out his oversights that make him culpable and further to that more evidence that confirms WEALTH BY DESIGN is a fraudster and has knowingly manipulated the system at the expense of members and thereby benefited himself financially far in extent to what he would have derived if this calculated fraud had not taken place .

Q update: unpublished...

You state I must stop being a ass by falsely accusing you of being a fraud.& Wealth by Design is unknown to you and NEVER won any of yr items.! COULD YOU PLEASE THEN EXPLAIN JUST THESE THREE OF MANY COMMON DENOMINATORS? What about :BlackBerry Playbook 16GB (Mint Condition) Like New : won by R1,560.00 05 Mar 19:56 WealthByDesign1979? ( Never won any of my Goods! haha u just forgot no doubt!)What about comment made by WBD: Excellent Seller, Fast Delivery, Good Communication, Will Definitely Shop Again!!! & Comment made by YOU : Excellent Seller, Fast Delivery, will definitely shop again. A+++++ Seller! There are many other similarities in the comments given and received from both YOU & WBD that suggest it is one and the same person! How about the fact that WBD and You aka G4Gadgets have used the identical script iro Terms & Conditions using Red font on the respective camera Auctions pages of both you and WBD?. Just a 1000 to 1 co-incidence?

This illicit practice has gone along for over a year and the depth of this fraud is mindboggling since just a inspection of a random selection of rating pages, I can show these names that are clearly fictituous bidders created by the alleged fraudster :

HectorA (-5) Blacklisted ,CrazyOldJimmy (-4) Blacklisted, andregreeff (6), natavdm (1),

KeithWBD (6) Blacklisted (Dead Givaway -uses WBD in name as well as same comments!) agatambiye (1) Angel74 (3),Astro7 (no ratings) Jacquesde10 (no ratings)AnthonyStrutt87 (no ratings)eazysmooth (no ratings)Neil990 (no ratings)Jetfighter (no ratings) ryanmatthew (no ratings)

Once a audit has been completed I would not be surprised to see this list increase 10fold !

In addition to these shill bidders created out of thin air there is a seller ITECHPROD (423) also from Cape Town that ... u guessed it, sells everything G4GADGETS and WEALTH BY DESIGN 1979 sells and as I did take a quick view of some 20 high ticket items the common denominator bids on just about all the items by one WEALTH BY DESIGN! Closer scrutiny into this account reveals the exact same modus operandi where WBD is listed in a large % of the sales made by ITECHPROD as a bidder . As with the sales recorded on WBD sales there are countless suspicious bidders that are lowly rated and most of these ratings come from the former. What is really disturbing and illustrates the contempt for the system and of fair play is that when a newly registered bidder would win one of their own Auctions the bidder now as the winner with obligations would not only default but would in tandem with this non fulfillment bid and win a number of similar item auctions from unrelated sellers and duly default up to the point that BoB would then have to blacklist these Fictitious bidders. No worries to ITECHPROD or the other aliases since it had become too easy to list a bidder and thru the raising of the bid ensure items did not only get knocked down cheaply by being a sort of reserve guarantee but from the clear motivation of greed enable the ability to stimulate momentum to engage a higher knock down price than would have been the case .

As mentioned I have only done an inspection sufficiently enough to have unequivocal evidence proving the guilty but I must point out that I believe this case goes far deeper and to a date well before the time frame explored here. There are indications that a dedicated cell phone dealer- (Now delisted) is also part of this scam and there are at this point in my personal opinion from the records scrutinized many more indicators of a vast abuse of this platform solely for the benefit of the perpetrator .

I have made insinuations regarding the financial benefit BoB derive from these fraudulent activities and it would require some serious convincing that the supposed diligent staff of BoB did not become suspicious enough to enquire to the state of affairs at BoB that very unfortunately I have questioned the opportunism of BoB in this case as well as others before this exposure and no doubt to cases thaat will emerge in the years ahead..

What I have documented herewith is 100% my writing and absolutely every bit of information obtained and presented here came from the accessible records available to all BoB members.

I do have a copy of this report and would not expect BoB to remove or edit it in any way or indeed remove it due to the fact there are ongoing auctions involving the alleged perpetrator/s .

This information id for public consumption and I urge readers to spread this report to anybody that might have been compromised due to the activity

I do hope this will encourage BoB to relook at the registration policy that currently lends itself open to the abuse noted herein as its clear the lack of will iro registering as a bidder is clearly to the benefit of BoB regardless whether the bids are legit or not BoB accrues its income from the commission earned on the selling price so consequently the more bidders the higher the price - BUT BoB have to the detriment of dedicated honest brokers in this business failed to maintain a level playing field !

I hope others will join in the call to BOB to increase their vigilance and suspend any bidder in the event of any suspicion until and if he is cleared.

FINAL QUESTION!

How would YOU feel right now knowing thru this expose' a Camera u purchased from Wealth By Design 1979 4 months ago for R4500 would with some additional local interest and negating the fraudulent bids \your likely settlement price would have been R1500 cheaper!

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE

Thank You

Hans100

Tagless

This was a very long winded read, no need to place all this info on the forum, can get to the point much quicker. Shill bidding is illegal, and has been stopped in the past by BOB as far as i am aware, You are wrong in that a question can be deleted after a response has been made on it, A seller can access their complete list of questions answered at anytime to remove them. In no way do i see this as a conspiracy by BOB to go delete the evidence. That would not even make sense, there are thousands of sellers and as hard as Bid or Buy staff work i cannot see it as being possible to police everything all the time, hence why you need to point out to community watch or call them.

Hans100

This is the type of mentality that must be wiped out at all costs as it not uncommon to hear ppl remark " forget ever seeing me bid on items cos the whole system is rigged!"

Now just to illustrate the absolute contempt this member G4Gadgets has for the system and the possibilility of been caught and charged with fraud does not concern him watsoever! This is clearly borne out by the fact that I indicated my suspecion thru a question that he had the audacity to reply in a most robust fashion of denial in a package statement that was arrogant, misrepresented the status and refuted any suggestion that he was involved in malpractice.

However This is a up to date C&P from the auction page: Digital SLR - Nikon D700 (Body ONLY) + Nikon MB-D10 Battery Grip + 2 Batteries ***LATE ENTRY**** for sale in Cape Town (ID:111574208)

One might of expected some caution been exercised but true to form at 1.18pm today yet another NEW Bidder was created Tsholo12 who wasted no time to match the R8100 price that WealthByDesign1979 had placed as a bid It just goes to show that its just so ez without a worri in the world for this criminal behaviour to be brought about tsholo12 could well bid to win the auction tonight if there be no outside interest since if Wealth by D is to remain the leading bidder and win the deal would cost them R355 commission!.Therefore one can sense the perception that they dont expect a possible legit buyer - hence the creation of Tsholo12 who will probably place a bid to win near the endtime . Thats wen Mr Tsholo12 will abscond and the clerical round trip of seeking a credit for the snc to be filed against Tsholo12. will be presented This is the exact modus operandi these two sellers WealthByDesign1979 , G4Gadgets as well as ITECHPROD have been engaged in and with this evidence during the day the expectation is no different!

id History at 28 Aug 16:58

Page Views: 173 | Bidders: 8 | Refresh page

Leading Bid

R8,100.00 28 Aug 13:08 WealthByDesign1979 (1075 rating5.gif)

Runners-up

R8,100.00 28 Aug 13:18 Tsholo12 (no ratings)

So even after I had brought to his attention that his alleged his actions of shill biding thru a newly created member he has shown little were been watched anotha perfectly

I just picked up this Q on a camera auction under Wealth By Design....Is this not the epitome of self centered arrogance!..

Q:

Hi, why always when I bid on your items and within 3 minutes I will be outbid on all of them no matter how high I raise the bid? Are you guys colluding on bidorbuy? Thanks - Asked by frykyta (34 rating1.gif)

16 Jul 13:38

A:

Hi,

It's early in the auction, so it's obvious that would happen. You can contact bidorbuy if you think there's any suspicious activity taking place.! 16 Jul 13:47

Not1CentMore

Some Sellers have 'followers' that always 'keep watch' and bid on their items. And, new people join every day. Methinks it would not be a 'red flag' to have both Buyer and Seller in the same town... or even across the street from one another.

If shill bidding is suspected, report it to BoB. It is up to them to investigate (and they are darn good at 'weeding out' the 'bad seeds'). OUR job is to report suspicious activity to BoB. THEIR job is to investigate and do what they always do... keep BoB 'safe' for ALL Buyers and Sellers.

JMHO

Ruthie

qball

Unfortunately I a going to have to take the wind out of your sales Hans.

The seller Wealthbydesign1979 was warned for shill bidding in June - any user caught shill bidding is given a warning first, should they continue to employ these tactics we can close their account permanently. The users you have mentioned cannot be linked to the seller. There are actual payments on most of the items via bobPay, so we can confirm payment, there is no physical proof linking them and just because some are based in Cape Town does not make it shill bidding. Itechprod was warned for shill bidding at teh same time, much like you were some time back. We do have reports and processes in place to determine this both on a technical as well as financial level. Regarding G4Gadgets, we cannot find any link between them and the seller, besides that they both reside in Cape Town, this in itself does not prove anything.

In fact several of the blacklisted accounts have nothing to do with shill bidding, rather negative ratings and other policy violations and were blacklisted due to other reasons, that had nothing to do with the seller.

Unfortunately what you have posted here is pure speculation based on little or no fact whatsoever. I could argue that because you live in Cape Town you could also be suspected of being a shill bidder... but then again, that would be baseless.

I am sorry, but there is no scandal or massive scam going on here, you haven't uncovered anything that we didn't already know, or have taken action on prior to your posts. Your comments, whilst welcome, are baseless and possibly slanderous, defamatory and libelous and should any of these users wish to take this matter further, as you have essentially publicly accused them of fraud, I would caution you not to make public statements in this manner which are both reckless and irresponsible.

Thank you again for your comments.

qball

BTW - thread will not be deleted as predicted by the conspiracy theorists...

We welcome commentary from other users.

I believe we have a long history of acting against shill bidders, quite harshly at times!

admin
BTW - thread will not be deleted as predicted by the conspiracy theorists...

We welcome commentary from other users.

I believe we have a long history of acting against shill bidders, quite harshly at times!

I do have a copy of this report and would not expect BoB to remove or edit it in any way or indeed remove it due to the fact there are ongoing auctions involving the alleged perpetrator/s .

Neither will your posts be edited by bidorbuy personnel :cool:

Hans100

Sorry I did not have wind in my sales or u meant sails but u have just done that for me and confirmed my suspicions were indeed correct . So to start where u ended of giving me the warning that I have accused him falsely of fraud well I believe u have admitted to that fact by confirming they were warned in June for shill Bidding! So as u clearly state u could only do so with undeniable evidence agreed ! so where have I made a false accusation then ?

You have acknowledged they were warned for shill bidding and all I am hereby illustrating that they have not ceased I have provided clear evidence so how can u say its groundless I have provided evidence that these bidders is the same person and he could simply be operating thru a proxy server! Am I correct in saying that this is the only substantial evidence that u can use to find any bidder guilty of shill bidding ?- if indeed they originate from the same IP address >

The fact that you did indeed warn Wealthy by design as well as ITECHPROD in june is a confirmation of my accusation . What is different in the manner they operate now or that of two months ago? I suggested no difference except new bidders are created on a regular basis that bid on their items then disapear or are blacklisted when they do bot pay for the auction items won

I did not say they were shill bidding because they both cam from CapeTown - I noted that they were both from Cape Town and indeed sold the identical products and became members at the same time - just all coincidental They hav also bidded on each others itemss that are indeed the same over the period of a year! Furthermore the Wealth By Design bids on the others items on a continual basis ! So where is the sense in that if u selling Ipads and cameras with expensive lenses and Lenovo laptops and Tablets and then go bid on all of them but only win the ones where the price was below par Its patently clear what the intention is and that is to lift the price otherwise why are they bidding on each others items week after week and only win items where the price is to low for their liking And I have also pointed out Bidders suddenly appear from nowhere and win the auction but then do not pay for the item... consequently No commission due .. NOT so?

I have taken note u Blacklisted Angel 74 TODAY!! This bidder Bid on and won 7 items from Wealthy by design and evidently paid all dues and was recommended as a top buyer So why the blacklisting ...How can u be sure who actually listed this person as a bidder? When u blacklist a buyer or bidder HOW do you identify them if no ID required and wat prevents the bidder if an real person from relisting?by a new alias?

What I did not hear your comment on was the fact that the exact same language indeed the same writer one could contend completed comments for both members at different times The expressions used are identical the grammar and spelling identical although it is noticeable that attempts are made to vary the comments ... but is clear to me its the same individual

Then does it not strike u as the same seller when on G4Gadgets sales page and on the pages of Wealth by design this same template of T&C has been utilized?

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE:

· PLEASE ensure that you have your funds ready before you place your bid.

· Payment is to be made within 48 hours. No & Negative ratings please ask before you bid.

· If payment is not made on time, this will result in a negative rating & an SNC filed against you.

· Collection is not allowed on this item unless otherwise stated, Please do not contact me after the auction has ended to ask me if you may collect.

· If you are bidding on a 2nd hand item do NOT expect it to be Brand New. Ask all questions via Q&A no questions will be answered after the auction.

· No Warranty on items unless stated, Our Deliveries take place from Monday - Friday

7 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IF THE ITEM IS FAULTY

Can u just tell me for instance wat is required to open an account . . So in other words the new account opened by Tsholo12.today where he matched the bid by wealth by design of R8100 can be based for its authenticity on what criteria ? what type of documents if any are expected to be produced?

If nothing is required then wat prevents a new bidder bidding up and item then disappearing or if the winner simply defaulting on payment ! Have u taken note of the high regularity of this occurring on the above mentioned accounts

As I mentioned at the outset the vested interest of BoB is quite clearly the reason the area of buyers will never be supervised firmly even when justifiable evidence as I have presented here appears. If it is only the IP address that is used to identify the different bidders that is inadequate cos there are ways around that to hide ones location. If no identification is required then its open season and this type of scamming wil never end

You know what.... Im sick and tired of this and will never get one iota co-operation from you so Yeah got better things to do than to argue the glaringly obvious !Just one final point of note is that u conclude with this comment : Your comments, whilst welcome, are baseless and possibly slanderous, defamatory and libelous and should any of these users wish to take this matter further, as you have essentially publicly accused them of fraud, Thats nonsensical as u have admitted to both names been warned for shill bidding essentially that is a admission that they are indeed the same person Not so so on what basis can my contention be base and indeed slanderous All I have done is provide more evidence to underpin the fact they were found to be quilty of the fraud otherwize why would u have warned them... Sorry but u cant have it both ways - All these buyers and bidders are clearly the same person and if u cannot see that well good luck to this seller he ios going to ensure he gets his prices BoB are going to clain their commission and its only the da Buyer that gets the short end of the stick! Whats new>

dstorm
Unfortunately I a going to have to take the wind out of your sales Hans.

Will I get banned for being too brave? Cuan taking the wind out of a bobber's SALES?

Too much ANN7 (I think).

Keep wll and regards

Jacques

MacMuffin

By the looks of it, we will need to first employ some spelling bees ;-)

With regards to the comment about new accounts being opened - many of you will have seen/noticed communication that we have further secured registrations via SMS one-time-PIN (since July '13) and it is not possible for a user to register without a valid/unique mobile number (or a manual verification process via our call-centre).

qball

Apologies, I meant "sails"...

Hans, again, all you give me is speculation. Many sellers copy each others T's and C's - this in itself does not constitute proof.

I feel we have addressed the issue, and have taken the appropriate action. You are welcome to post more theories, but these won't be responded to.

The use of shill bidders happens on every auction site, including live auctions, however, we pro-actively monitor this and take action. It will never be eradicated as there are always ways and means of getting around it. That is why we continue to improve our systems and procedures to try prevent this, as Mac said, OTP is one way of doing this.

B.t.w. I was referring to the other users you named as shill bidders (not WBD an g4gadgest) and accused them of fraud - they might not take too kindly to that, perhaps I should invite them to this thread to hear what they have to say...

Personally if someone like you accused me of fraud without basis, fact or actual evidence, I would sue you. But that's just me. Hopefully you get the point this time.

Thanks again for your comments, they have been entertaining.

XTRADE

Something like 7de Laan - Just a little different - But still goes well with popcorn

MiemsJewels
Something like 7de Laan - Just a little different - But still goes well with popcorn
You ain't see nothing yet!:cool:

Little Miss Muffet

"Shill" bidding has users in cahoots and so do users who ask for bids to be "Deleted"

Surely if a user wants a bid deleted it should only be the last bid not 2,3 or 4 which is open to abuse.

Answer. Discussed before on another thread.:whistling:

Just Beachin

Whaaat a thrill ride! May the buyer beware, and never bid more than you are prepared to pay!

geldenhuys1

Thank you Hans100 for bringing this to BOB forum. I have myself know that Wealth By Design is shill bidding. I have also complained to BOB and all they say every time is there is no evidence? I gave BOB the evidence but still this guy can go on auctioning his items. I was bidding on a laptop and I just could not get my bid high enough. When I look at the profile of the person that won the item all there purchases was made from Wealth By Design. They never bought from any other seller on BOB. I week later the same laptop was on auction again. Come on BOB, read between the lines. I do not know what BOB is looking for but if you guys can't see that Wealth By Design is shill bidding you all need classes.

Edited by geldenhuys1

admin
Thank you Hans100 for bringing this to BOB forum. I have myself know that Wealth By Design is shill bidding. I have also complained to BOB and all they say every time is there is no evidence? I gave BOB the evidence but still this guy can go on auctioning his items. I was bidding on a laptop and I just could not get my bid high enough. When I look at the profile of the person that won the item all there purchases was made from Wealth By Design. They never bought from any other seller on BOB. I week later the same laptop was on auction again. I do not know what BOB is looking for but if you guys can't see that Wealth By Design is shill bidding you all need classes.

Hi geldenhuys1,

I think you missed this post.

The seller Wealthbydesign1979 was warned for shill bidding in June - any user caught shill bidding is given a warning first, should they continue to employ these tactics we can close their account permanently. The users you have mentioned cannot be linked to the seller. There are actual payments on most of the items via bobPay, so we can confirm payment, there is no physical proof linking them and just because some are based in Cape Town does not make it shill bidding.

geldenhuys1

Hi geldenhuys1,

I think you missed this post.

Hi, I did not miss your post. I reported this to BOB on 16 August and on 26 August. Two times and both times I just got the reply that BOB could not get any proof of shill bidding! Does all this complaints from different buyers about the same seller not ring a bell in the BOB offices? I think Wealth by Design must change his name to Wealth by Cheating!!!

Edited by geldenhuys1

qball
Hi, I did not miss your post. I reported this to BOB on 16 August and on 26 August. Two times and both times I just got the reply that BOB could not get any proof of shill bidding! Does all this complaints from different buyers about the same seller not ring a bell in the BOB offices? I think Wealth by Design must change his name to Wealth by Cheating!!!

Again, I think you have missed the point...

If we cannot positively link the accounts, we cannot accuse someone of shill bidding and cannot take further action, we must have something more concrete to act against the seller.

Thanks.

corinne101

I have not come across this term >> "shill bidding" in my legal studies, im in my final year of law, i thought i would have come across this in the specific crimes semester, which i got a distinction for. Its not a crime im aware of..please explain this "offence" to me so i may understand it more comprehensively.

Edited by admin
Removed duplicate post.

inuna

Bidder TAZZY22 is a shill bidder, please can someone at BOB look into this buyer,

The evidence is obvious, look into their history!

Even though I've reported before, nothing seems to be done!

inuna

I am writing this on every forum thread.

Bidder TAZZY22 is a shill bidder,

After reporting to BOB, got the same answer, not enough evidence!

Please look into tis bidders history and it will be clear.

No one can be bidding and buying everything a single seller has to offer on an auction.