Sign in to follow this  
Beverleyb

Crazy shipping for sky lanterns

Beverleyb    10
Beverleyb

This is just madness, here are 3 different sellers Other Toys - 100 ON AUCTION!!! White Sky Lanterns for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111568618) R45 for the 1st one and then R4 each for every extra one, so for 100 postage is R441, I have sold these for years and 100 is a 6 kg parcel Other Toys - 100 ON AUCTION!!! White Sky Lanterns for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111488012) Different seller, same shipping Other Hobbies - 100 UP FOR SALE!!! Sky Lanterns Mixed colours!!! NEW!!! for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111569723) this is by far the worst, R45 for the first and then R10 each for every extra one, so 100 is R1035. This is clearly an attempt to con buyers and avoid success fees.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I bought some sky lanterns some time ago as a bit of fun for one of our Grandsons, but after letting the first one take flight we got worried we would set someones thatch roof or trees on fire....so it was the first and the last.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Bev

Am I missing something?

Your shipping terms state:

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Post Office anywhere in SA ( insurance optional at 3% of the value )[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R54.00 for the first item

R21.00 each additional item[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If I am wrong in misreading your terms, I apologise in advance.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Edited by dstorm

svw    10
svw
I bought some sky lanterns some time ago as a bit of fun for one of our Grandsons, but after letting the first one take flight we got worried we would set someones thatch roof or trees on fire....so it was the first and the last.

Many, many years back some of us youngsters made a giant sky lantern - more like a mini hot air balloon. We let it go on the beach and to our surprise it flew beautifully but it also interrupted the Saturday night movies at the local drive-in causing such a stir that it made the headlines of the weekly local as an unidentifiable object...

Beverleyb    10
Beverleyb

Hi Jacques My shipping for sky lanterns is for 1-20 lanterns R42, 21-50 lanterns R52 and 51-100 lanterns R62, I don't charge for each item as the weigh around 70 grams each

dstorm    10
dstorm

Thanks Bev

Come Christmas I WILL order from you.

Keep well

Jacques

greentech2013    10
greentech2013

Read before you bid

This is just madness, here are 3 different sellers Other Toys - 100 ON AUCTION!!! White Sky Lanterns for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111568618) R45 for the 1st one and then R4 each for every extra one, so for 100 postage is R441, I have sold these for years and 100 is a 6 kg parcel Other Toys - 100 ON AUCTION!!! White Sky Lanterns for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111488012) Different seller, same shipping Other Hobbies - 100 UP FOR SALE!!! Sky Lanterns Mixed colours!!! NEW!!! for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111569723) this is by far the worst, R45 for the first and then R10 each for every extra one, so 100 is R1035. This is clearly an attempt to con buyers and avoid success fees.

Surely you should read the shipping before placing a bid, no good complaining when you have to pay.

greentech2013    10
greentech2013

Read shipping before placing a bid.