Sign in to follow this  
FN08

Fake Polo Merchandise - Fcreactions

FN08    10
FN08

Though I'm new to this, I simply cant understand how BOB can allow a seller who clearly sells fake items to continue selling on a platform such as this. I raised it wit BOB twice now, and still nothing, The seller FCreations filed a SNC and said I rejected the item and I must return it for a refund, I have firstly only rejected it because its the worse possible attempt Ive ever seen of ripping of Ralph Lauren, waited a week for him to simply give me a return address and thats the last communication I've had. Knitwear & Hoodies - Men's POLO Jersey (Black) SMALL - V NECK was sold for R151.00 on 18 Jul at 00:01 by FCreations in Johannesburg (ID:106289444) I returned the item where its been at the post office for the last few day at my expense, and still no refund nor a reply from countless emails, and even sms the seller. I feel done in by all this but more so that this person can just continue selling fake items, his ratings speak for themselves. loads of unhappy customers! Please help?

Fn08

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

I have bought a few items listed as originals from various brands. When I tried to resell the items, I had to have the items certified as authentic from potential bidders.

Had done research on this "fake" items. Most of brand names sold in South Africa is not original. The only time you are certain you bought an original is when you buy from brand shops in centres like Sandton City or the V&A, Cape Town.

Further I got legal advice on this "fake" items :

1. The industry "copy" merchandise.

2. If an item is not sold as an original item with the real prize of the authentic(original), nobody was defrauded.

3. If an item is sold as an original with the related prices, the person out of pocket can open a case against the seller.

4. Any reasonable person should realise an item worth R20,000.00 will not be selling for R30.00. (In the beginning I also fell in this trap).

Do not think BOB can be blamed when sellers sell "fake" items. Think a bigger problem is false/wrong listings.

A buyer always has the choice to buy from sellers. If a buyer is not sure about the description of an item, ask the seller, questions.

If the seller is not answering your question, avoid bidding on seller's items.

If I knew about this forum, I would have joined earlier and could have saved myself from disaster purchases.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

If they are fakes then its copyright infringement take it up with the SAP and the official distributor so they can close the channel down if possible, from where the goods come .

zerohour    10
zerohour

if it's too cheap it's probably fake!

Edited by zerohour

alloway65    10
alloway65

For example what percentage of ALUMA Wallets on sale on BoB are original and what percentage are knock offs?

I submitted a fake ALUMA Wallet some time ago to BoB and these wallets were removed from BoB for a while.....now they are back on sale on BoB in force.

Just looked at one now, it has no proper lip seal (as seen from the picture) but is being sold as waterproof.

Once a fake item is banned from BoB it should remain banned....jut my humble opinion as always.

gypseygirl    10
gypseygirl
For example what percentage of ALUMA Wallets on sale on BoB are original and what percentage are knock offs?

I recently bought one on BOB and it is exactly the same as the "genuine" item bought by my brother for more than 3 times what I paid - gee was he upset when I told him what I paid for mine.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Most products sold on BOB are knockoffs/fakes or replicas... As an Importer, I know of a whole bunch of sellers selling the bad stuff, big sellers as well... My personal opinion to all this is that beginner bombers should view, read, and ask questions if uncertain about an item, and use common sense that you will not buy a (example only) a pair of bvulgari sunglasses for R1000?!?! Be realistic... Have the sun shine over all sellers head? I don't know, think everyone has their own opinion in this matter....:weeabooface:

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

From a legal viewpoint - Unless an item is advertised as "original" or "authentic" nobody is defrauded. 90% of items entering our country legally, is from China. They are masters in copying items and promise you that the items is the real thing. If items enter the country legally, with trading agreements from our goverment, reatailers should be able to resell the items. Can anybody tell me where a crime was committed. If an item was sold under misleading information, you are out of pocket maybe you will have a case. Any reasonable person should be able to understand that nobody will sell an authentic item, for about a fith of the price he/she paid for it.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
from a legal viewpoint - unless an item is advertised as "original" or "authentic" nobody is defrauded. 90% of items entering our country legally, is from china. They are masters in copying items and promise you that the items is the real thing. If items enter the country legally, with trading agreements from our goverment, reatailers should be able to resell the items. Can anybody tell me where a crime was committed. If an item was sold under misleading information, you are out of pocket maybe you will have a case. Any reasonable person should be able to understand that nobody will sell an authentic item, for about a fith of the price he/she paid for it.

well said yia yia

qball    10
qball
Most products sold on BOB are knockoffs/fakes or replicas... As an Importer, I know of a whole bunch of sellers selling the bad stuff, big sellers as well... My personal opinion to all this is that beginner bombers should view, read, and ask questions if uncertain about an item, and use common sense that you will not buy a (example only) a pair of bvulgari sunglasses for R1000?!?! Be realistic... Have the sun shine over all sellers head? I don't know, think everyone has their own opinion in this matter....:weeabooface:

Most products sold on bob are not fake. However, it is up to the buyer to also research products and pricing and should any fake items be suspected, it can be reported to us for investigation. We do also randomly monitor and try to spot fakes and take the appropriate action where necessary.