Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Euthanise Autistic Child

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Oh Sam! What a ghastly thing - it just takes one awful person to destroy and hurt this family. Remember that hundreds more people were / are supporting them. Some people suck beyond measure - karma does work, sometimes it just takes longer than we want!

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

What the....? That has to be the most despicable thing I've read in a long long time. Just dripping with venom. Am horrified.

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Makes me sad when you hear of behaviour like this. Poor boy.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

(IMHO) Taking any life, for any reason, is.... MURDER.

Having 'shouted' that, there is 'scuttlebutt' this side that ALL who cannot 'contribute' to society should be 'put away'; extreme disabilities, elderly, etc., to save money on the cost for their care (not to mention the Government checks the individual or family receives each month).

Using 'their' reasoning, perhaps 'they' should start with those who 'feel' the Government 'owes' them; those who receive monthly welfare checks, food stamps, medical and dental, Government housing, etc. After all, these folk aren't 'contributing' to society.... they are 'sucking' on the Government's boob!

Not only wrong in so many ways, but a very slippery slope... Who 'writes the rules' on what is and what is not 'contributing' to society? And... when are 'they' going to decide whether or not YOU are a 'contribution to society'?

Stepping into the way-way back machine: 'Logan's Run' - science fiction then, possible reality now.

Ruthie

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

What is this world coming to ? So very sad !

kyle2    10
kyle2

I am livid beyond any kind of description! Who does this woman think she is? My eldest son is 11 and Autistic, he is a beautiful vibrant young child who is super smart with puzzles, building amazing lego creations, a memory second to none. Autism varies from child to child, in my child case he can't process the written word, and sees pictures rather than letters, his speech is also impaired. All these kids want is a bit of love and understanding, to my knowledge none are violent or a danger to others. People like this sub-human who wrote that letter should be jailed for a hate crime.:mad:

meeks    10
meeks
I am livid beyond any kind of description! Who does this woman think she is? My eldest son is 11 and Autistic, he is a beautiful vibrant young child who is super smart with puzzles, building amazing lego creations, a memory second to none. Autism varies from child to child, in my child case he can't process the written word, and sees pictures rather than letters, his speech is also impaired. All these kids want is a bit of love and understanding, to my knowledge none are violent or a danger to others. People like this sub-human who wrote that letter should be jailed for a hate crime.:mad:

What in heaven's name???? ..I had to read the first post regarding this topic twice, just to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me!!

One of our own (BoB fellow seller) is a parent to a couple of autistic kiddies,and believe me,I respect her and admire her for how she manages the task of raising her children....They are beautiful children!!

"Mommy in a million" you know who you are,and you truly are a Mommy in a million!!!! .No matter how tough the going at times caring for your children, sometimes you confide in me and you just need that little bit of love and understanding, but you persevere, and you see their smiles, and you know, you did good.

I am proud of you, and so are many others... Love you!!!

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

The words "hate crime" have interesting origins

We have similar laws here in Australia

There is one particular religious group who seems to be the beneficiary of this legislation.. and they were instrumental in getting it enacted in places like Australia, the US, the UK and Canada.

So nothing surprises me any more in this screwed up world where freedom of speech (a legal right) is now replaced by freedom of expression in a *politically correct world

*where political correctness reflects the interests of minority groups making a lot of noise or using financial influence to get their way

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

kyle2    10
kyle2

Hi Scott, while I do agree with the right to everyone having the right to freedom of speech, those expressing their opinions usually validate their statements or claims by identifying themselves, unlike the cowardly woman who suggested the parents mentioned in the first post euthanize their child for being autistic. By sending that letter anonymously, they were aware that what they suggested could be perceived as a threat and could and would have consequences. Perhaps I am biased as to the contents of the article mentioned above, be that as it may, as far as euthanizing is concerned, it should be an act of free will, a conscious choice of an individual, a right to choose ones own fate, not imposed by anyone. An autistic child if given the choice and understands what death means, would certainly not embrace dying. I know this, I have an autistic child who embraces life absolutely, in fact all children I know, autistic or not are full of life in their own way. The letter written above by this coward was an act of intolerance, selfishness and hatred. All these elements together represent what is truly the source of evil in this world. These lead to acts of abuse and murder if not controlled, so I really don't see why hate should not be classified as a crime. Just my 2 cents worth......

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest
Hi Scott, while I do agree with the right to everyone having the right to freedom of speech, those expressing their opinions usually validate their statements or claims by identifying themselves, unlike the cowardly woman who suggested the parents mentioned in the first post euthanize their child for being autistic. By sending that letter anonymously, they were aware that what they suggested could be perceived as a threat and could and would have consequences. Perhaps I am biased as to the contents of the article mentioned above, be that as it may, as far as euthanizing is concerned, it should be an act of free will, a conscious choice of an individual, a right to choose ones own fate, not imposed by anyone. An autistic child if given the choice and understands what death means, would certainly not embrace dying. I know this, I have an autistic child who embraces life absolutely, in fact all children I know, autistic or not are full of life in their own way. The letter written above by this coward was an act of intolerance, selfishness and hatred. All these elements together represent what is truly the source of evil in this world. These lead to acts of abuse and murder if not controlled, so I really don't see why hate should not be classified as a crime. Just my 2 cents worth......

Hi Kyle

I totally agree with you

Scott Balson