Sign in to follow this  
drsparky

Highly impressed with BoB

drsparky    10
drsparky

I am opening myself to all kinds of harassment here... but that is fine. All I want is an opinion and maybe another perspective. I am fairly new to BoB and have been quite active... no hiccups, until now...

I bought 4 items from the same seller and after winning the bid I mailed him immediately to confirm collection (he has a rule that you can collect if over R1000 and I wanted to confirm whether this now applies since the 4 items together was just over R1000 - I was not sure how that worked.) Anyway, I waited for over a week... no response.

I then politely sms'd him asking whether he received the mail. I got "WHAT MAIL?" back and I promptly forwarded the mail again to him. He was incredibly rude and offensive that I dared confirming the detail. The exchange was really unpleasant. I then told him that I rather want to cancel this sale and he responded with a "OK. You go buy somewhere else" (followed by some more unpleasantries). I have full email proof of this of course.

A few days after that I got a SNC for non-payment filed against me. I appealed (since he said in the email that we CAN cancel this sale). This appeal has now been rejected. Now I have 4 bad rating against me (for, theoretically, one deal) after dealing with this blatantly rude and obnoxious individual... I cannot even defend myself in the negative ratings as I cannot reply! Also, since I am fairly new, this dropped my rating to 90% -- a rating which is is pretty bad I reckon.

I always pay within hours of winning a bid and I think I am a pretty decent buyer... I have always been very accommodating and civil. I am very upset about this entire thing and I am especially disappointed in BoB for clearly not reviewing the case thoroughly. (If they had, I feel, they would have at least contacted me about this.) I doubt whether they have even looked at the exchange of email messages that I sent.

What must I do? ...or am I in the wrong here? I cannot express in words how bitter and powerless I feel about all of this. :-((

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I would send the email evidence to Cuan (who runs BoB) and let him handle it from there. You are on the forum so have access to Cuan through this medium by Private Messaging.. qball Ask him for an email to which you can direct your evidence. Scott Balson

drsparky    10
drsparky
I would send the email evidence to Cuan (who runs BoB) and let him handle it from there. You are on the forum so have access to Cuan through this medium by Private Messaging.. qball Ask him for an email to which you can direct your evidence. Scott Balson

Much appreciated, I will do that.

Thank you.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

The Snc would be the standard way of the seller getting his fees back BUT the reasons for the SNC should have been that the buyer & seller agree to cancel the order, therefore you do have reason to object to the negative rating. As ndoa18 has said send the info to Cuan !

qball    10
qball
I am opening myself to all kinds of harassment here... but that is fine. All I want is an opinion and maybe another perspective. I am fairly new to BoB and have been quite active... no hiccups, until now...

I bought 4 items from the same seller and after winning the bid I mailed him immediately to confirm collection (he has a rule that you can collect if over R1000 and I wanted to confirm whether this now applies since the 4 items together was just over R1000 - I was not sure how that worked.) Anyway, I waited for over a week... no response.

I then politely sms'd him asking whether he received the mail. I got "WHAT MAIL?" back and I promptly forwarded the mail again to him. He was incredibly rude and offensive that I dared confirming the detail. The exchange was really unpleasant. I then told him that I rather want to cancel this sale and he responded with a "OK. You go buy somewhere else" (followed by some more unpleasantries). I have full email proof of this of course.

A few days after that I got a SNC for non-payment filed against me. I appealed (since he said in the email that we CAN cancel this sale). This appeal has now been rejected. Now I have 4 bad rating against me (for, theoretically, one deal) after dealing with this blatantly rude and obnoxious individual... I cannot even defend myself in the negative ratings as I cannot reply! Also, since I am fairly new, this dropped my rating to 90% -- a rating which is is pretty bad I reckon.

I always pay within hours of winning a bid and I think I am a pretty decent buyer... I have always been very accommodating and civil. I am very upset about this entire thing and I am especially disappointed in BoB for clearly not reviewing the case thoroughly. (If they had, I feel, they would have at least contacted me about this.) I doubt whether they have even looked at the exchange of email messages that I sent.

What must I do? ...or am I in the wrong here? I cannot express in words how bitter and powerless I feel about all of this. :-((

Thank you for your post.

When looking at SNC's we rely on feedback from the users when they appeal, no mention was made about the payment, just that you could not get hold of the seller - we also noted no payment on the orders. The seller states very clearly on his listing under his payment options payment with 24 to 72 hours maximum. If you purchase items, you need to adhere to the seller's terms of sale, as that is what you agreed to. You are welcome to send through proof of payment for us to review the decision, bearing in mind the seller's payment terms. This can be sent to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, mark it for my attention.

Thank you.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

My pet love and hate--Ratings---And a big mouth when users are so unfair:mad:

Sparky I think Cuan misunderstood your post

Pursue this untill you have justice.

Also always,always send any mail to buyers or sellers through your selling or buying page.It is absolute proof of what correspondence has taken place:colbert:

drsparky    10
drsparky

I have followed the advice and sent through a mail with all the details and proof. I got a phone call from BoB a few minutes ago, explaining that they have looked at the evidence and that I have been treated very unfairly. They even contacted the seller...

The SNCs will remain so that the buyer can get his money back, but the four negative ratings will be removed.

So, my heartfelt thanks to BoB for sorting this out so quickly. I am back at 100% and can again buy with confidence.

I'd like to change the title of this thread to "Highly impressed with BoB!"

Thank you!

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Yeah!! Great stuff.

:angel:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Drsparky you would not get that sort of personal service on eBay... believe me!

Delighted that the situation has been resolved!

Scott Balson

drsparky    10
drsparky

I'm sure ndoa18... and that's why I am on BoB!