Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Begging please for new Jewellery sub-category

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I am sure that many individuals (buyers / sellers) will be with me on this one...

Please (beyond begging)... add a plated / fusion / electroplated sub-category under the jewellery section (rings, earrings, etc) for all items that are not genuine or solid silver, gold, etc!

It is extremely frustrating (as a buyer) to have to wade through literally thousands of listings that are not solid material under the silver or gold categories. (by example, I'm trying to look for rings for our bargain bin in our shop and have so far come across only EP / plated items under the silver ring section - grrrrr!)

From a buyer's perspective, this is a waste of time and I am tempted to go look elsewhere (another site) for what I am looking for as it is easier (ie more organised) than on BoB! Imagine if all other buyers felt the same... (!)

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I agree on this to s certain point. I have 100's of items listed under "rings - silver" - which are genuine sterling silver. My costume jewelry is listed under "rings/earrings/pendant, - other".

I've also found quite lot of genuine sterling rings under the correct category.

What I do find however, is that sellers purposely list their EP items (and plain jewelers brass coated in cheap silver) under the silver division in order to get more exposure. With this I do not agree. The only way I see this changing is by members actually reporting these items to BoB. If they continue doing so after being reported, then their account should be closed due to false advertising.

Even if BoB does create a new sub-category, the seller is the one that must list there. If he chooses not to, well.... we're all back to where we started. The seller can plead ignorance for the 1st listing, but thereafter, be blatently dishonest.

I agree it is frustrating, but I see the most successful route being that members just continue to report them, and hopefully BoB will then take a stand against such sellers.

What I however would like to see, is a different division for watches. Currently there are over 16 000 watches for sale. The other alternative is to have an "elimination" button. ie., see everything except ....

Flints    10
Flints

I agree 2000 thousand percent. It is a major problem that should have been sorted out long ago. Its stupid to have true sterling silver or gold with same items thats plated , ep or filled. The problem will just get worse in time if theres no other categorys specialy for plated etc jewelery. Wish more sellers will complain to bob about this.

Flints    10
Flints

Plated, filled etc etc

Hi all. Looking at the thousands of items under silver, my mind go blank. Is it not common sense to have seperate categorys for all the plated, filled , ep jewelery. It is a major problem thats busy snow balling. Admin should look at it, give the sellers the categorys for plated etc jewelery, and enforce it that it is keep seperate. Ive seen a few sugesstions from other sellers about this topic in the past. Does admin need more sellers to complain, or are they looking into a solution? Or is it just accept and carry on. Feed back please

qball    10
qball

As announced some time ago, we are looking at introducing attributes into each category. The category managers are busy with watches at the moment, however, due to the size and complexity of the categories, this process takes time. We recently added attributes to the coin category, this literally took 6 months due to the specific issues and nuances the category has. This has to be thoroughly researched and implemented correctly to avoid any issues with listings.

If you look at coins right now, you can sort and filter by grade, grading company, denomination, composition etc. The bigger the category, the bigger the challenges, especially when content can be so varied and diverse.

Flints    10
Flints

Thanks admin. The problem is getting bigger, so time, energy, and all the other problems will be bigger as well in future.....meaning to sort the categorys out. Good luck. Hope to see some change soon

windrider    10
windrider
Thanks admin. The problem is getting bigger, so time, energy, and all the other problems will be bigger as well in future.....meaning to sort the categories out. Good luck. Hope to see some change soon

It feels like the problem is getting worse. I reported a seller today that cheerfully advertised in the gold category for a gold ring with an amethyst in the title. The description for the item in much smaller font stated it's rolled gold with a cultured amethyst.

I thought only the pearls were cultured? You live you learn :)