jfmm

Pirated software on Bid or Buy

admin    0
admin

Not anymore, thank you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
Igo maps are freely available on the internet all windows gps units run them, the maps that come with certain chinese gps units for sale on bob are cracked maps ,and far outdated , you can also get them free on certain sites ( the base map for SA but you then have to buy the updates on the web downloader , for your machine .as far as I remember Tom maps are also done by IGO . base maps . IGO 8 base maps are at least 4 years outdated its like windows xp , all the new gps units run version 9 or 10 .most nowdays ver 10 is standard, also if you have a windows machine its almost certain you will have igo`s maps and you will have registered youre machine online at sometime then if you load cracked maps the updater/downloader will kick you out untill you purchase an update at around R477. most of the cracked maps come on a memory card which you plug into your machine and tell it to start on the memory card and not the legal basemap.you can load an infinite number of basemaps if you like .nowdays its cheaper to buy a new machine than new software.you can email naviextras and they will tell you if he is an authorised reseller , which I doubt as i dont think IGO sells standard copys of 8 anymore and if it is a legal copy when youve loaded it you have to activate it with a coupon number online , ( so yes it probably is an illegal copy )heehee much ado about nothing , I hope you enjoyed the read . Edited by mrmouse

admin    0
admin

Hi yuuup1,

Welcome to the Forums.

I queried these listings with Garmin in September and the reply was that should there be any problem with loading the maps, they will not give any support. That is it, all they had to say.