Sign in to follow this  
staccato

High shipping charges, this is rediculous!

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

As far as I know she does Dropshipping, She bought from me a while back, never paid and as soon as SNC was Filed - I got the utmost horrible emails from her. Very Very Rude person to deal with.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
This seller is either "under cover" drop shipping or trying to make a big profit! I purchased the same item from another seller in 2012 and the package is reasonably small and weighs 600grams. check this out;

Car Alarms - Car Alarm System for sale in Johannesburg (ID:108771297)

Have you reported to Community watch to take a look? Very high postage !

admin    0
admin

Requested the user to change shipping charges...

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
Requested the user to change shipping charges...

"Requested"

Bullets must be getting expensive?:bigsmile:

neil

admin    0
admin
"Requested"

Bullets must be getting expensive?:bigsmile:

neil

Just putting it mildly on the forum :razz:

kyle2    10
kyle2

Q:

"Hi. Could you please explain the high postage costs? - Asked by Miss Jewels (5282 rating6.gif) verifieduser.gif

07 Aug 16:42

A:

For the clothing that is heavy weight. The alarm system is in small increments not high so the shipping makes up for the low price. Does that help you?"

That says it all, shipping compensating for low sale value..............

staccato    10
staccato

What's wrong with everyone?? Jump at the opportunity. sell items worth R2 and coin it on the shipping, get rich quick!

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Thank you for your "good" advise. Need lots of money. My shipping cost on box of matches will be R200.00......hahaha

JANDS    10
JANDS

Personal delivery. Padkos included.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Nothing so bad as the following.

Other Home & Living - 3 LED 3 Watt bulb for sale in Bloemfontein (ID:110353988)

Q: Hi There,

Could you please confirm the shipping costs of 50 bulbs? - Asked by Lollee (61 Rating score between 50 and 99)

A: R 2450

Hmmm....

Better than light bulbs (they go out - this 'grows in')

'Magic' hair for sale in USA. Great for those balding or bald. Put under your pillow every night for the next 99-years and beginning the 100th year, you may start to see those 'blank' spots filling in. Full head of hair possible by year 150. You are bidding on 1-hair. Sorry, no choice if dark blonde or gray. R1. Shipping R2500.00. Shipping may seem a tad high, but the possible results... priceless!:whistling:

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Haha Ruthie !

Opportunity for you to sell light bulbs Ruthie, your postage from the states will be cheaper !!

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1

I wonder when BOB will get Sellers not to over charge on shipping. I bought 2 t-shirts from FCreations today. Shipping for 1 T-Shirt is R40 and the next one is R30 per item. So the shipping for 2 T-Shirts cost me R70. Both these could be send for about R25. I know I do not have to buy from this guy but my son wanted the shirts so I bought them.

wayjen    10
wayjen
I wonder when BOB will get Sellers not to over charge on shipping. I bought 2 t-shirts from FCreations today. Shipping for 1 T-Shirt is R40 and the next one is R30 per item. So the shipping for 2 T-Shirts cost me R70. Both these could be send for about R25. I know I do not have to buy from this guy but my son wanted the shirts so I bought them.

Next time report the seller and when they drop the postage price then you buy from them. As far as I am aware, BoB will take action if we report a seller who seems to be making money on postage costs because they are not able to track every seller or listing on the site. If a Seller is not reported and people are happy to do business with them, then they will carry on listing and charging high postage costs (this includes those 1st and second etc combined items). The other option out there is to just pass the Sellers by. It is still amazing that Buyers purchase from Sellers then complain about high costs when all the prices are listed on the auctions/Buy-now's. All we have to do is read the listings to know what we are in for and that no surprises pop up when it's time to pay.

jogesel    10
jogesel

Seems like the seller makes money from shipping. When I see sellers charging excessive prices for shipping I just don't buy from them.

You have the choice not to pay what they are asking for and to shop elsewhere.

Annie737    10
Annie737

Hi everyone- PO circular 49/13 (the most recent one) determines that postage on parcels not exceeding 30kg/1meter in length will ONLY BE CALCULATED BY WIGHT.......not volume!! BOB.....please bring this to the attention of buyers and sellers? There are too many sellers who still charge volumetrical mass tariffs.

kebs    10
kebs
Hi everyone- PO circular 49/13 (the most recent one) determines that postage on parcels not exceeding 30kg/1meter in length will ONLY BE CALCULATED BY WIGHT.......not volume!! BOB.....please bring this to the attention of buyers and sellers? There are too many sellers who still charge volumetrical mass tariffs.

But do all the post office tellers know that? I have tellers in the same post office who will charge differently for the same size item..

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Our post office gives the same problems as kebs is experiencing. It seems the temporary workers are the ones who cause the problems. Fortunately we know our postmaster and we just ask for him (or his deputy) when the temporary workers won't listen to reason. But it does mean spending more time in the PO than we bargain for.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I think bottom line is that not all PO workers know their products or their regulations, especially if it is new info. and we as customers have the right to insist on the correct charges. We tend not to make a fuss but why should we always have just take it? Time to stand up and complain when warranted !

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Can anyone please PM the PO circular 49/13 for me please. My post office insist on me paying volumetric. Thanks.

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Need it too. The Post office here too. Measure box and weigh it. They claim the have to do it.