Sign in to follow this  
paul1

Buy now and Auctions

paul1

When placing an item on auction there are generaly three ways the auction goes. 1. you get your price, 2. you get a nice surprise and get a lot more or 3. you get a hiding especially if you have no reserve.

NOW TO MY POINT. i have a product on auction and much to my dismay at the bottom of the page there BoB had deemed it fit to place a list of BUY NOW of the same items. Now without sounding sour. My product is on auction, if the person wants to buy the product let them go look for it, don't scuttle my auction my advertising another users wares on my auction page, especially if they are buy nows. What do you think or is it all much ado about nothing?

paul1

Another thing poped into my mind this morning. I paid for priority listing. so these Buy now ads at the foot of my page are getting a priority listing too. Is that fair or right.

NooNooBug

Never really thought about that. I know it pulls up "like" items underneath as a comparison but looking at it from your point sure makes you think !

Little Miss Muffet

There was an outcry about this when it was first introduced.

It is only "Buy now" items that get the exposure.Even if your item is on auction you will have "Buy now's" advertised.

Your "Buy Now' also gets the exposure on someone else's listing.so it works both ways.

Ebay also works this way

paul1

I understand that. But what if a potential bidder is about to bid on my item and then see's that he can Buy the same item at a lower price, POOF there goes my auction. It is not about ripping people off, it is the buzz of the auction, seeing what people are prepared to pay for items etc, and all that kind of fizzles away with these buy now ads under the auction page.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I understand that. But what if a potential bidder is about to bid on my item and then see's that he can Buy the same item at a lower price, POOF there goes my auction. It is not about ripping people off, it is the buzz of the auction, seeing what people are prepared to pay for items etc, and all that kind of fizzles away with these buy now ads under the auction page.

Price is important but not the end all and be all of any purchase.

Build up a good reputation of ethical trading and provide excellent service levels and u may be pleasantly surprised.

Offer a complete selling service with guarantee and not just a product.

neil

admin

Hi paul1,

This was discussed at length when the feature was introduced and will not be changed.

Thread locked. Thank you.