Sign in to follow this  
PBGold

China coin supplier

PBGold    10
PBGold

Just received an email from China, I'm sure many of you have too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4722[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4723[/ATTACH]

kyle2    10
kyle2

Fake Krugers are going to make things veeeeery interesting here on BoB and certainly for al these gold buyers popping up all over.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Fake Krugers are going to make things veeeeery interesting here on BoB and certainly for al these gold buyers popping up all over.

When you open the Kruger image it actually says "krfake.jpeg" ?

Pierre_Henri    10
Pierre_Henri

Scary, scary stuff .....

Look at this example of a 1931 2/-

1931 SOUTH AFRICA 2 SHILLING COPY FREE SHIPPING-in Crafts from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com

To spot that it is a fake is actually not that difficult - the coin looks as if it is in strong F condition (which should mean quite extensive circulation), but on closer inspection (I have seen these up close & personal) you will spot that there is absolutely NO wear or contact marks - its surface is as clean as anything - not the slightest inkling of surface lines, bumps, nicks, digs or whatever - just a smooth and 100% surface.

Pierre

kyle2    10
kyle2

absolutely horrifying..............:twisted: Now we know where all these dreadful gold clad coins are coming from.......... a bunch of Forgers in china !

alloway65    10
alloway65

Admin will be on the next available flight to China to sort them out and take some of the shine off their bling creations.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Sum ting wong.:laugh:

alloway65    10
alloway65

Sum ting velly wong!:grin:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Whu flung dung?

alloway65    10
alloway65

Not Me!!!!!!

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

This is Fraud

Typan is selling this item

Here's the problem.

Scottsdale is a very highly regarded silver bullion company trading in the US... their slogan is "The most distinguished name in bullion"

see this link

In an earlier post made today I noted how South African buyers were buying copies of 1931 3d pieces sold for just $2 on the Internet.

In my view the selling of silver or gold clad medallions/bars/coins etc.. should be banned on BoB - all BoB is doing is opening itself to legal action from legitimate institutions who find their names being dragged through the mud by the exploitation of their product by Chinese based Mafia...

If you are part of the chain in reselling their fraudulent products it does not matter.

STOP ALL SELLING OF SILVER OR GOLD CLAD BULLION COINS/BARS etc.. on BOB

or face the consequences.

Businesses like Scottsdale are very big and will protect their name.. this is what they say in "About Us".

The simple solution is to STOP ALL SELLING OF SILVER OR GOLD CLAD BULLION COINS/BARS etc.. on BOB

The resellers (in this case Typan) are buying clad pieces created in contravention of any moral business practice and reselling for a profit here on BoB.

In my view this is fraud.

Scott Balson

Bellcoin    10
Bellcoin

I see there are Canadian Mint issue replica's for sale as well.

It is a criminal offence to have/sell Canadian Replica's - they will come calling some or other time!

Bellcoin    10
Bellcoin

There will be issues soon enough, many of the silver clad coins being sold at the moment are illegal - I have no idea why BOB is allowing this to continue??

It seems Bid or Buy is become a place to buy fake and replica's.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi Bellcoin

As an insider.. let me inform you if they try to do this with Perth Mint precious metal bars the lawyers will be lining up to take out whoever, wherever and however regardless of geography. Scottsdale won't let this sort of fraud against their good name continue for long - believe me.

No joke

I am just blown away that despite my earlier post/warning items like this are still being offered for sale on BoB.

Can you imagine how BoB would respond if a website (let's say) bobe.co.za pretended to be BoB? So what's different here with clearly copyright infringed bars filled with copper which will sooner or later be sold as Scottsdale silver bars...

PS am sending Scottsdale a link to this thread... that might see things move along a bit!

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

alloway65    10
alloway65
There will be issues soon enough, many of the silver clad coins being sold at the moment are illegal - I have no idea why BOB is allowing this to continue??

It seems Bid or Buy is become a place to buy fake and replica's.

One word........REVENUE.

Bellcoin    10
Bellcoin

Illegal Activities Growing on BOB

It seems that the presence of more and more counterfeits are surfacing on BOB in the Coin and Note Section.

Its not only counterfeits but ILLEGAL merchandise which seems to be gathering pace, examples are silver clad coins and bars which in 100% of all instances are illegal under international law but known to BOB are sold left right and center.

Today's Crazy Wednesday examples:

Gold & Bullion Coins - Canada Robin Spring 1oz Silver Clad Coin for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111487575)

Gold & Bullion Coins - Canadian Mallard 10$ 1oz. Silver Clad Coin. for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111525427)

For the above two examples the coins are counterfeit under under law it is illegal to own/sell/utter and represent.

Gold & Bullion Coins - Liberty Walk 2000 1oz Silver Clad Coin for sale in Johannesburg (ID:111444012)

This one does not even justify an answer!!

Regardless whether the coins are advertised correctly it is ILLEGAL - THIS SOME OR OTHER TIME IS GOING TO COME TO A PAINFUL END!

alloway65    10
alloway65

It could be that some buyers do not even know what CLAD means.

Bellcoin    10
Bellcoin

The Canadian Mint is not going to be all that happy as well!!

qball    10
qball

Everyone loves to jump on the band wagon and make accusations and warnings - items that are illegal must be reported to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, including any supporting information or details. We are NOT experts in coins or medallions, or in any category for that matter.

We had an issue with some local medallions, which we reported to the Reserve Bank, they seemed to think they did NOT contravene copyright...

Before everyone starts saying silly things like it's about "revenue" and "bob will get taken to court"... please stop the bus, check that you are on the right one and then let us know...

Thanks Folks!

Bellcoin    10
Bellcoin

Your reply above:

Its pretty common knowledge that if a coin is sold as legal tender by a mint, example the SA Mint, then it is legal tender and issued as such. This applies to coins minted around the world with a given denomination. A R1.00 Protea series coin has a legal value of R1.00.

A clad copy with a denomination is therefore counterfeit is it not?How else would one describe it? And should not be offered for sale as it IS counterfeit.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Let those with balls speak out now

Hi Bellcoin

I totally agree with you.

What I find extraordinary is the silence from numismatists who should be very verbal about the impact of this sort of fraud on the value of their own collections.

If you cannot trust the integrity of a rare coin the damage done to its scarcity value is far greater than the extensive debates in the past here on BoB over who slabs a coin or slabbed and unslabbed pieces sold on an online auction facility like BoB or Heritage.

If prompt action is not taken over this issue auction houses like Heritage will be demanding only South African slabbed coins be sold there.

This is something that affects us all and BoB allowing the sale of clad and copied pieces to continue on their service should be of serious concern to every numismatist registered here. And unless the South African numismatic community take up the cause the outcome will not be good for our hobby as BoB is clearly letting this "illegal" practice continue unchecked. I am not addressing this post to those here who are happy to stand in the shadows and watch but then later beat their chest once the debate of this self-apparent truth that fraud is taking place here heats up. I am addressing this post to those who can see that what is happening is immoral, improper, dangerous for the hobby we love and fraud - men and women who are willing to verbalise their demands on this Forum that this fraud on BoB stops NOW or else.

A clad gold or silver coin or bar or copied rare South African coin can currently be sold as such on BoB by disclosing its imperfection in that listing BUT what happens when the buyer of such a piece resells it as the real deal?

We can go on about shill bidding and other touchy subjects but once our hobby is tainted by systemic fraud the long term impacts on all of us will not be good and certainly not good for our hobby.

As Bellcoin correctly says in his posts above this issue will come back to bite us and it has NOTHING to do with whether someone's COPYRIGHT has been breached as BoB suggested in an earlier post. It has EVERYTHING to do with the very integrity of our hobby.

As always - just my view.

Scott Balson