Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Scam E-Mail

voldermort    10
voldermort

Just received this via email - moments after receiving an order from somebody in the United States......the address of which is absolutely ridiculous.......just wish the damn idiots would sharpen up on their spelling at least :sad:

[TABLE=class: MsoNormalTable, width: 487]

[TR]

[TD] [TABLE=class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100]

[TR]

[TD]

Dear bid or buy User rating5.gif ,

Attention! Your bid or buy account has been Accesed from Another Country than the Country Registered.

Someone with IP Address 95.920.200.18 tried to acces you bid or buy Account.

We sent this e-mail to confirm your account .

Click the link below and complete your details to finalize your bid or buy ccount verification.

In case you don't complete the verification in the next 24hrs your bid or buy ccount will be suspended.

Please click here to confirm your bid or buy account

Thank you for using bidorbuy!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

alloway65    10
alloway65

The English is not tooooooo bad considering some of the "English" used on BoB!!!!

voldermort    10
voldermort
The English is not tooooooo bad considering some of the "English" used on BoB!!!!

Quite true, I always feel slightly bewildered by some of the "English as she is spoke" that I see on Bob.........takes a strong cup of java to put it all into some legible order.

dstorm    10
dstorm
I always feel slightly bewildered by some of the "English as she is spoke"

that I see on Bob........./QUOTE]

Hello Samantha

Please have some pity / understanding for some of us. Some of us (like myself) was born in small towns like Malmesbury.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

PS: spot the grammar mistake

voldermort    10
voldermort
I always feel slightly bewildered by some of the "English as she is spoke"

that I see on Bob........./QUOTE]

Hello Samantha

Please have some pity / understanding for some of us. Some of us (like myself) was born in small towns like Malmesbury.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

PS: spot the grammar mistake

I are busy looking to see, Jacques :sneaky:........but seriously, you would imagine if people were unable to spell they would use google check at least instead of to for too, past for passed, acces for access etc. And then of course, we have something like this: the likes of which I have never seen before :oh:

Other Movie Memorabilia - Marlin manroe for sale in Johannesburg (ID:107785462)

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I are busy looking to see, Jacques :sneaky:........but seriously, you would imagine if people were unable to spell they would use google check at least instead of to for too, past for passed, acces for access etc. And then of course, we have something like this: the likes of which I have never seen before :oh:

Other Movie Memorabilia - Marlin manroe for sale in Johannesburg (ID:107785462)

hehehe...the twins make it on another thread !

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

There are two very simple ways to expose 99% of pfishing emails. (Pfishing=attempt to defraud you)

1) They never address you personally - a legitimate email would have your name in the introduction - the legitimate online business has your name on their database. So if it does not have your real name dump it - no bank, online auction house etc would ever address an email to **** user (as in this case).

2) Run your mouse over the link and if the underlying address is not from (in this case) bidorbuy.co.za then it is a fraud. When you pull up the link you will often find it is totally unrelated - instead of being (in this case) bidorbuy shopping. Buy & sell electronics, fashion, jewellery, phones it might be www.gtdf.rus.com - hardly relevant to Bidorbuy!

The domain name in this case is http://1-ws.com/. While it might appear to be bidorbuy related ... the link is http://bidorbuy.1-ws.com/bidorbuy.htm the fact is that the primary domain is 1-ws.com. All they have done is create a sub-domain (the bidorbuy. in front of the domain name). When you own a domain name name you can create millions of subdomains by simply adding the text in front of the domain - in this case bidorbuy

The domain 1-ws.com is commonly associated with pfishing frauds and known across the Internet for its activities. If you take the link here http://1-ws.com/privacy/ you will note the privacy statement for a company alleging to host websites is cactus....

I suggest BidorBuy lodge a complaint and send a personally addressed email to all clients warning them of this attempt to defraud them.

If you go to: http://www.whoismydomain.com.au/whois/1-ws.com you will see the domain is run through a hosting company called BYET.ORG

If you go to http://www.whoismydomain.com.au/whois/BYET.ORG you will see the hosting is based in the US - and has nothing to do with BoB.

Byet have phone numbers at the link above that BoB can phone to get the fraudulent website taken down.

BOTTOM LINE never believe stuff that comes to you by email.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Such good advice, Scott. Thanks on behalf of all who need it.

qball    11
qball

The URLs have been reported to both Google and Phishtank as phishing sites, we have also sent requests to the hosting party and domain registrars. A notice has been put up on our Support Helpdesk News page.