Sign in to follow this  
pozmans

SNC and Rating - Advice please

pozmans

Hi BoB community,

I'm a new seller so could you please help me out. I filed a SNC against a seller for non payment. I then received a message (30 July) from BoB about the seller not responding within 7 days of filing the SNC and that a "non fulfillment warning has been issued" (what is that?). At least my success fee has now been refunded back however I'm querying the status of the SNC as it still says: "current status: No response from buyer"

Is this a provisional status? I wanted to give this buyer a negative rating however was wondering if she could still post a negative rating about me?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edited by pozmans

Just Beachin

Hi Pozman,

The process has been completed, that was the letter letting you know that bob has sent a non-fulfillment warning to the non- buyer. You may now proceed with rating, they have no option to rate you at this point, as they have not purchased anything. And be sure to block the buyer at the same time, so they don't attempt to bid on your items again, even if it's only in effect for 3 months.

Not1CentMore

When you file a SNC (for whatever reason), the Buyer has 7-days to reply to the SNC. If the Buyer does not respond within that time, an email is generated by BoB that the Buyer has not responded and a non fulfillment warning has been issued (against Buyer). Status will show 'No response from Buyer'.

You are now 'free' to rate Buyer AND you have an option of blocking that Buyer so he / she cannot bid/buy any of your items for the next 3-months (after that, the 'block' goes poof and Buyer has 'free reign' to bid again) AND blocking the Buyer puts a big, red stop sign on Buyer rating you, negative or otherwise. After the block is lifted (automatically by BoB), should Buyer bid on another of your items, you have the option of deleting his / her bid (Reason: You have dealt with Buyer before and Buyer did not complete transaction).

Hope this helps and is a tad 'clearer than mud' (sometimes it is hard to get what is in my head down and out the fingers).

Ruthie

JANDS
When you file a SNC (for whatever reason), the Buyer has 7-days to reply to the SNC. If the Buyer does not respond within that time, an email is generated by BoB that the Buyer has not responded and a non fulfillment warning has been issued (against Buyer). Status will show 'No response from Buyer'.

You are now 'free' to rate Buyer AND you have an option of blocking that Buyer so he / she cannot bid/buy any of your items for the next 3-months (after that, the 'block' goes poof and Buyer has 'free reign' to bid again) AND blocking the Buyer puts a big, red stop sign on Buyer rating you, negative or otherwise. After the block is lifted (automatically by BoB), should Buyer bid on another of your items, you have the option of deleting his / her bid (Reason: You have dealt with Buyer before and Buyer did not complete transaction).

Hope this helps and is a tad 'clearer than mud' (sometimes it is hard to get what is in my head down and out the fingers).

Ruthie

You convey very well.

pozmans

Ruthie

Thanks for the info everyone, especially Ruthie! Just 1 more Question if you don't mind.

When you say "block" - How do I do that exactly? I don't see that option on the "create feedback for sales" i.e rating page - just the buyer with the usual comment box with negative, positive or neutral options?

mrmouse

wrong deleting bids is against the CPA and is not allowed.

Vinyl Lady Decals

You can delete bids if the buyer has a history of non-payment, it is a valid reason

Just Beachin
Thanks for the info everyone, especially Ruthie! Just 1 more Question if you don't mind.

When you say "block" - How do I do that exactly? I don't see that option on the "create feedback for sales" i.e rating page - just the buyer with the usual comment box with negative, positive or neutral options?

The option to block will appear once the SNC has been completed.:bigsmile:

JANDS

While we are on the subject, what does the CPA have to say about snotklapping certain buyers?

Vinyl Lady Decals

Now that's a different story, I believe it would be covered under a different act, and the charge might be a bit different, like assault. :toung:

mrmouse
You can delete bids if the buyer has a history of non-payment, it is a valid reason

not according to BoB its not .:shock: Loads of posts on it on forum , it is against the persons constitutional right to do as he pleases .

Edited by mrmouse

Vinyl Lady Decals

i gather you've never deleted a bid, if you had, you would know its one of the reasons offered by BoB for the deletion. It's not a seller doing as he pleases, its if the buyer has a proven history of non-payment, ask Cuan if you don't believe me, I'm not making it up. I always make sure of my facts before posting on a public forum.

YiaYia1

Does not mentioned anything about that... So you can do the slapping thing

JANDS

The snotklap is me getting the bidder who sits there thinking "I think I will click on this little article." , thus causing me to lose my listing fees and then have the success fees held for a period to give said bidder the time to respond which he will not andhehas3negsandIambeingallblerrienicebygivinghimachance.....hang on, lemme get my breath back and maybe insert some punctuation....:mad: to get this bidder blacklisted. Did I mention that I am a touch the **** in? :wtf:

Edited by admin

Vinyl Lady Decals
andhehas3negsandIambeingallblerrienicebygivinghimachance.....hang on, lemme get my breath back and maybe insert some punctuation....:mad: to get this bidder blacklisted. Did I mention that I am a touch the **** in? :wtf:

Ja, it sure sounds like it.

Edited by admin

JANDS

Hello there admin! It's grand to see you guys work late on Saturday afternoons and that you are so on the ball. My description of the unnamed buyer was surely not that bad? The fact that I was the lightning-bolt in I also thought was tolerable in our South African society. We have such a unique language with mixed nuances and humour and the forum being kind of droog of late, I thought my humour twists might add spice, despite my irritation.

Well.....You have a grand weekend anyway.

Kind regards

Jan

mrmouse

6.1.7 Bid deletion by a seller is not permitted without a valid reason or without the permission of bidorbuy, unless the bidder requests this in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, then bids must be removed before the close of the auction.

Valid reason can be open to interpretation , I dont believe a history of non payment is a valid reason , I feel it is up to bob to decide and not the seller .

Vinyl Lady Decals

Well bob consider it a valid reason or it wouldn't be available as a reason offered by them (BoB) when a seller deletes a bid

Vinyl Lady Decals

Thanks Andries,

As usual you are a star.

Quote from this page

Can I Delete or Cancel a Bid On My Items? - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

• The Buyer has not fulfilled any of your previous auctions.
  • The Buyer has received negative feedback previously from another Seller for non-fulfillment.
  • The Seller has dealt with the Buyer before and Buyer has not fulfilled the previous transaction.

NooNooBug
6.1.7 Bid deletion by a seller is not permitted without a valid reason or without the permission of bidorbuy, unless the bidder requests this in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, then bids must be removed before the close of the auction.

Valid reason can be open to interpretation , I dont believe a history of non payment is a valid reason , I feel it is up to bob to decide and not the seller .

I have to say I agree with you Mr Mouse, it seems this clause or rule of Bobs is open for misuse ! I do believe in second chances so am inclined to give a buyer a chance.

"The Buyer has not fulfilled any of your previous auctions." How many is acceptable ?

"The Buyer has received negative feedback previously from another Seller for non-fulfillment." Well that clearly gets misused by some Sellers.

"The Seller has dealt with the Buyer before and Buyer has not fulfilled the previous transaction." Second chances should be allowed, after that well maybe...

...Just saying ...

Vinyl Lady Decals

Like anything in life this is open to abuse by those who choose to, I personally have never abused the facility, i do agree everyone deserves a fair chance.

I think that the number of sellers that choose to abuse this facility pales in comparison to the number of buyers who "play" with bids and orders and just don't bother to pay, wasting seller's time and fees. I would think that many sellers would feel abused by some buyers in this way, but, its part of selling on bidorbuy, so we accept it.

wayjen

We just had a buyer abuse the rating system. The buyer rated us positive a few months ago and I did not rate them because I had to file an SNC before they decided to pay. So now we get 2 emails from them asking for their rating so I reply with a neutral rating stating that although the deal went through it only happened after me filing an SNC. The buyer decides to change their positive to a neutral stating they had to wait long for the item and the rating.

Yes you had to wait long for your item because you did not pay for it and I had to file an SNC because of it. Yes you had to wait long for your rating and you lucky it was not a negative.

I have sent BoB an email and the client because it is rating abuse and a revenge rating.

Little Miss Muffet

Some people!![ATTACH=CONFIG]4772[/ATTACH]

angry-cartoon-woman-seated-shooting-computer1.jpg.a176e1796980c8d1c9a17c4579cd6637.jpg