Sign in to follow this  
Arkwright

Floppy disks wanted

Arkwright    10
Arkwright

I am looking for 3.5 inch floppy disks. If anyone has any that they no longer use, please let me know, for I still use them. Here is a picture.

wayjen    10
wayjen

That is a stiffy disc, the floppy disc was much bigger and made from cardboard. My first pc worked with a floppy disc.

kyle2    10
kyle2

I'm sure I've got a couple of fresh boxes somewhere, will list them and let you know.

admin    0
admin

Hi Arkwright,

I have 9 boxes (sealed) each containing 10 Verbatim DataLifePlus MF 2HD stiffies. Will list for R70, postage R35, should kyle2 not find his.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

got a couple of boxes myself with save games of Leisure Suit Larry....ah takes me back:laugh:

dstorm    10
dstorm

As far as I know, the term for the (smaller 3,5 inch disc) STIFFY was only used in the RSA. The Americans still referred to it as a FLOPPY.

Does it not say a lot about us?

Keep well and regards

Jacques

kyle2    10
kyle2
As far as I know, the term for the (smaller 3,5 inch disc) STIFFY was only used in the RSA. The Americans still referred to it as a FLOPPY.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

We say it like it is..........:bigsmile:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Keep well and regards

Jacques

We had to use the word "Stiffy" - much more "inspiring" than a "floppy" don't you think?

alloway65    10
alloway65

Yes in the days before thumb drives it was a bit confusing when one went overseas for meetings and asked to borrow a Stiffy!

If one asked a local male colleague if he had a Stiffy.....one got a dirty look.

wayjen    10
wayjen

The worse was trying to insert a floppy disc into the drive making sure you did not bend it for fear of corrupting the data.

kyle2    10
kyle2
The worse was trying to insert a floppy disc into the drive making sure you did not bend it for fear of corrupting the data.

Wayne are you trying to corrupt innocent drives with your floppy again?:bigsmile:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Oi, I saw that!!

wayjen    10
wayjen

I recently threw some floppy discs away (the cardboard ones), which had a copy of the files for the first Monkey Island game on them.

alloway65    10
alloway65
Wayne are you trying to corrupt innocent drives with your floppy again?:bigsmile:

Unfortunately age does take its toll eventually.

wayjen    10
wayjen
Unfortunately age does take its toll eventually.

So will SANRAL and the ANC led government.

Arkwright    10
Arkwright

So, does anybody have any stiffy disks that they do not want anymore, for I need them urgently.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

for the amount of data on one , why dont you use a usb drive ?

Arkwright    10
Arkwright
for the amount of data on one , why dont you use a usb drive ?
There are some old games that I play, and some programs that I use which can only save their data on stiffy disks.

Arkwright    10
Arkwright

I am very sorry for not responding to your offer. I haven't had time to purchase the stiffy disks. If you could relist them, I would really appreciate it.

staccato    10
staccato
We had to use the word "Stiffy" - much more "inspiring" than a "floppy" don't you think?

A FLOPPY DISC is a roadworker ridden over by a steamroller, a STIFFY DISC is when he is in the morgue, a HARD DRIVE is when the steamroller breaks!:grin:

Edited by staccato

staccato    10
staccato
we had to use the word "stiffy" - much more "inspiring" than a "floppy" don't you think?

lol! "like"

Hippo Sunshine    10
Hippo Sunshine

Anyone still need 3.5" disks? Have one opened box available, disks unused however.

Also have a sealed Dysan 100 5.25" box.

Let me know if I should list them or not.

RISadler    10
RISadler
Verbatim Stiffy Diskettes ... for sale in Sasolburg

Geez, Andries. Even over here we don't use them diskettes anymore, like, dude, since 2009 already!