Sign in to follow this  
StephenJvr83

Paid for my goods but Bid or Buy allocated payment to the wrong seller

StephenJvr83    10
StephenJvr83

I bought items from two sellers made the payment for the total amount and added both reference numbers on the transaction.

But it shows that i overpaid one seller and did not pay the other one at all.

I have opened a ticket with bid or buy but am getting no response (i opened the ticket early on monday), in the meantime i am waiting for my goods and the seller is waiting for his payment.

What can i do?

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Phone BOB it is quicker. Each payment should be done seperate with the reference number. Believe it will be sorted out soon

StephenJvr83    10
StephenJvr83

thanks will do that

JacoJ    10
JacoJ

Just a reminder to all

When making a bobPay EFT payment, always ensure that you make separate payments when paying different sellers. The bidorbuy EFT system reads the payment and reference used and then allocates it to the order corresponding with that particular reference. The system does not have the ability to split payments based on multiple reference numbers as it would not know how much to allocate to different sellers.

In this particular case the reference number included multiple references and the system allocated the payment to the first reference string it could derive from the reference used.

StephenJvr83    10
StephenJvr83

Thanks again for your help Jaco

In a case like this, if i want to do only one transaction with my bank(to cut banking fees), would you suggest that i rather buy a voucher for the combined price and pay both sellers with the voucher?

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

As far as I have always understood it, a separate payment needs to be made to each and every different seller you make a purchase from as you are buying directly from the seller and not from Bidorbuy, who merely acts as the shop front conduit between seller and buyer. Therefore there is no quick single payment for multiple different purchases, separate fees need to be allocated to separate reference numbers. The convenience of not having to leave your house and shop for hours on end or having to go to the bank far outweighs the couple of Rands charged for an EFT payment, in my humble opinion.

gypseygirl    10
gypseygirl

I would suggest changing your Bank - I pay a flat rate each month and do not pay anything extra no matter how many EFT's I do in the month.