Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

How about a BoB compulsory "How To" tour for new members? Your Thoughts please

Guest Guest

Just a thought:

There have been so many complaints/Posts regarding Negative Ratings, Excessive E-Mails, Phone Calls etc regarding New BoB members, not knowing how the system works.

Can BoB's IT Guru's not amend it so that when a new member registers on BoB, that a compulsory tutorial is given to them to view before they can start browsing?

I know all Information is stated, but really how many new users actually take the time to read it?!?!

Comment please, I would like to know how other Sellers feels about the newly joined BoBbers please.....:hm:

YiaYia1

I think all new BOB users should register on this forum first. This forum helped me by understanding problems.

The rating system should also be in a questionaire format.

Management should be stricter on buyers and sellers when they dont keep to the rules.

Rambeo

I like both YiaYia1 and Shelly23's ideas. Sounds good. Except what's to guarnatee they will actually go through the tutorial and not just click "next" "next" "next" like most people do when installing new software without readign the info.

MacMuffin

It's an interesting idea - will forward to our product & marketing people - perhaps we can do something as a short intro video to cover some of the basics.

Guest Guest

Thank You MacMuffin, that will be excellent. :biggrin:

kebs

Is there any way to try to include that people are buying from individual sellers who pay fees per sale.. I've had a few people tell me they didn't bother coming back to pay because they thought it was one huge online shop, so payment didn't matter..

staccato
Is there any way to try to include that people are buying from individual sellers who pay fees per sale.. I've had a few people tell me they didn't bother coming back to pay because they thought it was one huge online shop, so payment didn't matter..

Good point! Would a "Buy now" order also be a legally binding contract?:confused:

bitesize

I agree, I have had a buyer place an order then ask to first see the item before considering to buy. people seem to get the idea that BoB is like Junkmail, it's not binding once an order is placed. I also think a compulsory tutorial is needed, especially where it says "Please read the Shipping & Payments info before bidding or buying" and "Always ask the seller if you are not sure about anything."

Right now I'm waiting to hear from a first time buyer as to whether or not they will pay the postage fee (they paid the item's price but assumed they would be allowed to pick up when the listing stated no pick ups) or cancel the order. If they cancel will have to find out how to return their payment as I work via BoB and haven't requested a payout. They didn't ask before placing an order about collecting.

I wish new buyers would adhere to the rules we as seller state in the listing. No pick ups is for both seller and buyer safety (I don't want a repeat of a guy who responded to an advert in a paper and tried to rob me). I only rarely allow pick ups on items over 5kg or items that are extremely fragile and even then still remain weary.

bitesize

sigh, now the buyer claims it wasn't clearly stated that no pick ups are allowed. This is what each and every one of my listings say:

Please Note:

1. Insurance is optional. If you want to insure your order (only available on orders R100 or more) please add 3% of the order value (excluding postage). You must also inform me that you want insurance after you have placed the order. If you don’t add insurance but request it, the item WILL NOT be insured unless the insurance value has been paid.

2. If you aren’t sure about something, please contact me BEFORE bidding or buying to prevent any problems.

3. Payments are via Bid or Buy and may take up to 3 working days to reflect. This is out of my hands and BoB’s as the banks handle this.

4. Please look at the Shipping tab at the top for postage costs. Please note: combined listings/orders have a postage fee of R40, so if you want to add more items to your order please make certain you put in R40 as the postage amount. Single listings will state the postage fee on the Shipping tab at the top. But combined listings is R40 (two or more listings).

Orders are not posted on a Friday due to the Post Office holding packages over the weekend.

And under the Shipping & Payments:

"R25 delivery this listing only, R40 for combined listings within 7 days South Africa only, delivered via postal service NO pick ups, NO exceptions. Item(s) shipped 2-3 days after payment is received and confirmed. The seller can not be held responsible for any items lost via post. Insurance optional (available only on items R100 or more) please add 3% of value."

This is a new buyer and will most likely repeat the same mistake of not reading the rules set out by the seller. So please, pretty please make it compulsory for new buyers to go through a tutorial because new buyers are not viewing BoB in the same way they would view any other online company.