Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Mobile OTP requirement and mobile number

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi all,

as a further security measure we have introduced today that your mobile number is mandatory when you register as a new user or update your current account details. We feel that similar to Internet Banking, users wanting to transact securily online should have a mobile number for authentication purposes.

When you register or change your account details, we will send a OTP (one-time-PIN) to your mobile number and you will then need to capture the OTP to verify your details. You should be familiar with this process from Internet Banking or 3d-secure.

Your mobile number stays confidential and is not shared with buyers. The sole purpose of the mobile number is to establish a higher form of authenticity. Should you opt to use our SMS Outbid notifications, we will utilise the same mobile number for outbid alerts.

If you have multiple accounts sharing the same contact details, our system will not automatically enable your account when you change your mobile number and you will be requested to confirm your details with our customer care team - this process is relatively quick and will just require our customer care team to confirm account details with you telephonically.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

How does this affect your "older" sellers and buyers? Or are we all okay as is?

admin    0
admin
How does this affect your "older" sellers and buyers? Or are we all okay as is?

Should you change your mobile number on your account, OTP will be applicable.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Not just changing your mobile number - if your account does not have a mobile number, and lets say you change your address, the system will ask you for a mobile number.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks Andries and Mac! I hope I never have to change my mobile number or my address! Will involve too much work.