Sign in to follow this  
Tayama

Blocking unwanted buyers

Tayama

I have a buyer who bids all over the place, my auctions as well as others and then delays payment until it suits him to pay. I file an SNC every single time after trying to communicate unsuccessfully. He does not reply to any communication. Eventually he'll pay but because he does and the SNC is resolved in the end, I am not given the option to block him. I do not want this buyer to bid on my items because he does not operate in the BOB spirit and ignore my "pay within 3 days" policy. All of his payments shows "EFT not yet completed" until it suits him to pay.

Last night was the cherry on the cake as I have a pending SNC against him for an iauction which was won on 16 July 2013 (Uncirculated Coins - Presidential Unc One Dollar in special coin holder was sold for R135.00 on 16 Jul at 20:16 by Tayama in Zeerust (ID:104926091)) with current status "Buyer still plans to pay" and he won yet another one of my auctions. (The Americas - NGC PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO was sold for R251.00 on 25 Jul at 20:31 by Tayama in Zeerust (ID:105163995)) The audacity to bid on my items regardless of the fact that he has a pending SNC against him?????

Why can't we choose to block anyone and not only those who did not pay in the end?

Look at his ratings - All ratings received by baisero on bidorbuy.co.za

17 unpaid items in the past month and then a lot of sellers cannot praise him enough for being an excellent buyer????

Edited by Tayama

Just Beachin

Let the SNC go through, (Terms and Conditions not met) CC all correspondence to Community watch, delete all further bids from him and write him a nice note on how you would prefer not to deal with him, and offer to refund any payment that he has made. That is the only way I know how to deal with a difficult returning buyer. It worked for me! Good Luck

Just Beachin

P.S. After the SNC goes through, you will be able to block the buyer.....chances are he will hang himself in no time!

Tayama
Let the SNC go through, (Terms and Conditions not met) CC all correspondence to Community watch, delete all further bids from him and write him a nice note on how you would prefer not to deal with him, and offer to refund any payment that he has made. That is the only way I know how to deal with a difficult returning buyer. It worked for me! Good Luck

Thanks for the reply and the advice. Will certainly do that.

As for the blocking part. He usually pays on the 7th day which means that the SNC is resolved.retracted and then there is no option to block him. I would love to have the option of blocking anyone who has previously bought stuff from me should they deserve this action

Just Beachin

Sorry but I am a bit lost with what you say, once he pays who is the one who resolves the SNC? Is it not you?

Tayama

Maybe I am lost too but my last SNC against him, was retracted by myself on the day he actually paid me. After that there was no option to block him. With the new SNC which i filed 2 days ago, there still is no option to block him. Maybe I have it wrong, but it seems to me that one only get the option to block someone if they have not paid even after the SNC

kebs

Hi there.. You can only block if the SNC has been finalized.. File an SNC, email him telling not to make any payments as this will be refunded to him then, less your banking costs. Put all of this in the SNC as well. Once the SNC is done, block him. He may appeal, so make sure to state all your facts in your side of the SNC as you only really get the one chance - you can't respond to his appeal.

kebs

P.S. Sadly, the block only lasts a few months before automatically being removed by the system.. Hopefully by then he would have been blacklisted anyway..

Vinyl Lady Decals

There is nothing that says that the seller must withdraw an SNC of a buyer like this.

I state in my SNC that payment will not be accepted once the SNC is filed and then I request banking details from the buyer to refund if they pay regardless.

Most send me banking details and don't buy again which suits me fine.

Others never send me their details.

I just send them a bob message every once in a while to request banking details, if they choose not to respond, there is nothing you can do.

I choose not to withdraw SNC's generally because of the risk of buyers giving revenge negatives for filing the SNC.

Tayama

Thank you for your valuable advice Kebs and Tananka ;-)

That was my mistake. i always retract the SNC after I received payment. Now, it makes perfect sense.

dstorm

Hello Tananka

Are we not obliged to withdraw the SNC once payment is received?

This is so that BoB can take their rightful commission.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Just Beachin

No Jacques, if the "Sale is not Completed" there is no commission. When we file a SNC we are given a menu to choose from, If our terms and conditions are not met, we have as much right to end a transaction as the person buying. That person may change their mind, or ride the fence for a couple of weeks about the decision they made (looking for something better, no doubt, not wanting to let go of, or complete the deal, until they absolutely have to).

Vinyl Lady Decals

No Jacques, sellers aren't, Cuan told me it the seller's choice as the buyer did not stick to the seller's terms.

dstorm
No Jacques, if the "Sale is not Completed" there is no commission. When we file a SNC we are given a menu to choose from, If our terms and conditions are not met, we have as much right to end a transaction as the person buying. That person may change their mind, or ride the fence for a couple of weeks about the decision they made (looking for something better, no doubt, not wanting to let go of, or complete the deal, until they absolutely have to).

But what if the buyer did pay you eventually? Is the deal then commission free?

ATA STAMP CENTRE
But what if the buyer did pay you eventually? Is the deal then commission free?

Jacques,i think u need a JW to clear the cobwebs

IF the buyer eventually pays u and you accept this then obviously u wont file an snc and bob will receive their commission.

If you dont accept the late payment as u may have relisted the item or u want to block the buyer then even if he has paid u ,you may refund him first and then file the snc or if already filed u just dont retract it, and then there is no commision due to bob.

Hope this makes sense?maybe after a few JW it will,

:nuts:

regards neil

Just Beachin

If the buyer pays you eventually then you rescind the SNC, Bob get their fair share and it's Biz as usual :grin: alternatively send the money back to the seller and block the seller:suspicious: some people you will never be able to please, and it's not worth the uphill. If they don't send you there details for a refund, donate the unclaimed moneys to your favorite animal help center like the monkey rescue center:idea: