Sign in to follow this  
Rambeo

Shipping

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Hi Admin

Further to my request

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/feedback-bidorbuy-team/18689-search-filter-shipping.html

I've been wondering if the BoB were to setup extra requirements when creating new buy now or auction items. For example a tab where the seller has to fill aproxiamate dimensions and weight on items. This would make it quite transparent as to the expected shipping costs. We all have the postage costs from SAPO. Thus sellers would have no leg to stand on when it comes to excessive postage / shipping.

Yes I know many sellers who list tons of items will find this a schlep to have to update all their recurring items but wouldn't it be a plus in comparison to all the complaints and questions constantly asked in regard to this.

All this just a thought though.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi there,

this is something we are considering as part of a courier integration project we have in the pipeline. Our idea is slightly different though, where we want to make arrangements with couriers to provide flat-fees for different shipping methods to simplify the process altogether.

A buyer should really just need to decide if he/she wants same day, next day or 5 day delivery and there would be no price difference between shipping a watch or a fridge via same-day. This in our opinion would create a proper fulfilment experience. It's been a more tedious process and we are still discussing logistics but I would think that we should have an implementation of this within 12-16 months.

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Ah sounds great. Something similar to Take_t and Kala_i then.