Sign in to follow this  
Starzsssss

Just want to share this with you!

Starzsssss

I have been selling on Bid or Buy for a while, and was caught for shill bidding being stupid and also not thinking what I was doing, the other person that got me involved with this is still selling on Bid or Buy and has a few accounts she is now running.

Bid or Buy gave me a final warning and also a opportunity to sell again, my ratings have been very good and my customers always comes first. This year my path crossed with another seller myfavouriteshop - she now has over 108 negative ratings for the past couple of months and it is still climbing. I made the mistake bidding on her items in exchange for items she was going to buy from me. When the husband ran the account I made prompt payments for all my orders which was paid directly to BOB, but when she took over the account she wanted cash payments into her personal account. I did not feel comfortable doing this as she already owed me things that her husband sold to me. Over a month ago our accounts were both blocked as apparently we had links, which we did not. My account was opened the next day and I traded as normal.

It was apparently a mistake and it is now locked again for me to sell.

It has been a very emotional few days for me as this was a income for me and I have never done anyone in, it is just so hard to accept and it does not matter what I do or say this can just not be resolved. What upset me even more is the fact that I have invested in allot of stock which is all just packed in the cupboard now. As a parent this has really affected me and I wish I could do or say something just to be back in the game again, but nothing helps.

Look at my ratings and you will understand - starzsssss

Rambeo

Hi Starszzzz. If I'm understanding you correctly you are basically confessing your err's here. I have both purchased from you and bid on you auctions in the past. So to hear this makes me feel deceived in a big way. I'm trying to understand exactly what has brought you to bring this out into the open. Was it the fact that you have been done in or that you have lost your income, or just basically your conscience. You also state that you have never done anyone in but that is exactly what shill bidding is. is unscroupulous and theft in its own. I'm sure many if your patrons would probably think the same. If anybody were able to help, they'd want to know how sincere you really are. As the sayying goes once bitten twice shy.

YiaYia1

Starszzzz I was one of the victims of your partner in crime # myfavouriteshop # ..... No sympathy from me. You were aware of your wrong doing

Miss Jewels

.....I also have no sympathy, but in the same breathe, it would be interesting to know who the seller was that she first got involved with (as that person is still selling "with a few accounts that she runs"). According to BoB's T & C's you are only allowed 2 accounts per person, with permission from them.

In my honest opinion, both the schill bidder and the seller should be punished for this practise, as both parties are equally guilty.

mrmouse
.....I also have no sympathy, but in the same breathe, it would be interesting to know who the seller was that she first got involved with (as that person is still selling "with a few accounts that she runs"). According to BoB's T & C's you are only allowed 2 accounts per person, with permission from them.

In my honest opinion, both the schill bidder and the seller should be punished for this practise, as both parties are equally guilty.

No sympathy from me I have been done in so many times by sellers on BoB , I very seldom buy anything anymore , unless its really cheap or the seller is known to me or is close by , easy to track down . Its sad to see sellers go under as a business owner and supplier I see retailers get into the same stupid predicaments as yourself , you are going to have to do some deep soul searching and change your ways to recover , it is possible but very difficult , I hope you learn by this , its a predicament you have brought upon yourself and have nobody to blame,

to recover is one thing to not go back is another ,, Good Luck but I wont buy from either of you .I also wont buy from people that slag first time buyers !!! The fact that you have come out on the forum shows sincerety or extreme guilt :cry: ( cry,, baby,, cry ).you did yourself in.

TribalTrade
...and I have never done anyone in,

Maybe you think so? I was a victim of losses because of your actions twice. I actually opened a thread about your actions, but never named you.

You would place bids on a few sellers items similtaneously, especially multiple items in a listing (kiddies ipad toys etc.), as soon as the auctions kicked off. Once the auctions were close to halfway, you would decide where you would get the best and cheapest deal, and then asked the seller to delete your bid, knowing that the seller had no option but to delete. I believe that you abused the CPA.

If you ever get the opportunity to sell again, I hope that you will not do this again.

Starzsssss

Hi all, I was not trying to make myself look innocent and I am sorry if I placed this all incorrectly - when I bidded on another persones items I was actually not a seller at the time.

All I tried to say here is I have been done in by another seller and wish I knew of better. You must all have a wonderful safe day, be carefull when selling on BOB and buying that is all I wanted to say. I have always honoured all my sales and no I never got people to bid or shill bid on my items, I did it for someone else I did not sell then. All items sold on BOB by me has been legal and legit.

Starzsssss

Hi no it was not my partner in crime she owes me allot of items still you guys are reading this wrong, I bought allot of items from her when her husband was selling when she started selling they still owed me allot of items and still do - I am sorry for your loss aswelll.

Miss Jewels

"I have been selling on Bid or Buy for a while, and was caught for shill bidding being stupid and also not thinking what I was doing, the other person that got me involved with this is still selling on Bid or Buy and has a few accounts she is now running. "

"This year my path crossed with another seller myfavouriteshop "

I'm sure we understand correctly. The above is in your own words. As adults, we all have choices in the world. How we use them depends on us. To burn your fingers twice is plain stupidity....or greed.

Bid or Buy, as any company, has standard terms and conditions. When you accept these, you are entering into an agreement. Breaking it is punishable (account blacklisted/suspended in this instance). This is not just in your case, but those that have been caught before, or for those planning on going in the same direction as you. It just isn't worth it!

With regards to myfavouriteshop still owing you items, go the correct route. Lodge a complaint or go to the police and file a case of theft if you have paid for the items but not yet received them. This is the correct procedure.

Edited by Miss Jewels

DIY PRODUCTS

Apologies for going a bit of the track here, but I am curious as to how this all began. Were you contacted by a random seller and asked to place bids on their items to increase the final winning bid? Did you then just agree mindlessly? What was in it for you? Surely you knew what you stood to lose, so what did you stand to gain?

Starzsssss

Hi DIY Products, her husband was selling items to me and I paid for all the items, but when the items were delivered it was always items short, which was then never resolved as the husband then got sick. She changed her banking details where she would only accept cash deposits and not payments through BOB I still bidded on her items, but did not pay, asking her to revert back to BOB payments only. At the end of the day she is not able to sell again until she has sorted out all her orders her negatives are quite high, I feel sorry for her, but also did not know what to believe anymore.

Starzsssss

Thank you for the feedback and advise, and yes burning my fingers twice was stupid, but unfortuantelly the second time around was not intentionally as I did not know who I was dealing with the account went smoothly until the husband got sick all my payments were done, then the wife took over and demanded only cash payments which I could not do as she owed me. I wish her all the best and hope what she is going through will get resolved, although it might not seem like that to her now.

DIY PRODUCTS

Still not understanding. On the 1 hand you admit to the act of shill bidding knowingly, and then on the other you state that it wasn't shill bidding because a particular seller owed you goods and so the bids weren't honored.

However you posted here looking for something. Sympathy, Validation, Reasoning, not sure really so I am going to give you my advise as I believe there's no use in throwing stones, we are all in a position to do stupid things at 1 time or another.

What you need to do now is, firstly, forget about this other seller as it seems you are trying to garner sympathy for her. Why? Its YOUR income that has been lost. Thats your first concern. In my opinion, based on everything stated here, you appear to be guilty of wrongdoing. Now admit it. Come clean, apologize, and mean it.

You have stock, so ask BoB if they would be willing for you to list the items you have as Buy Nows. They may be willing to assist. If not, accept it and move on as ultimately you have gone against THEIR terms. I myself very recently was wrapped over the knuckles and told if I don't shape up my account will be closed. I went off on a tangent believing BoB just had it in for me because look as other sellers and their ratings being given leeway ect. but at the end of the day, its your business, do what you must to keep within the rules and keep it going. Best of Luck and I wish you well.

DIY PRODUCTS
be carefull when selling on BOB and buying that is all I wanted to say

And remove the above from your post. Its just throwing dirty water under the burned bridge. Not cool.

wayjen

Welcome Starzsssss

Reading this thread reminds me of one of my favourite songs

Ok we have one instance of you being involved in shill bidding, which means some people were swindled out of their hard earned money and others lost out to a greedy Seller.

You then joined forces with another Seller and when things went pear shaped you withheld payment because she/he owed you money and when this was looked into via BoB police you were somehow released to trade BUT then something happened and your account was frozen AGAIN.

It seems you have really messed up your chances here on BoB and from the comments above, you will have little support both in the selling/buying side of BoB and the sympathy side too.

Many people have come to the forum to "plead their case" and some people fall for the sweet talk and touchy feely vibes and get suckered into dealings with these types only to find out later they too were con artists or were involved in business practices that went bottoms up and could not keep up with products and payments.

BoB is a massive trading platform and yes there are scamsters here who get away with their scams BUT they will be caught out one way or another so unless you a loner who has nothing to worry about then try your luck BUT if you have a family who depends on you then do the right thing and trade in a responsible manner so you can build up a client base and reputation and the world is your oyster.

Starzsssss

DIY Products

Thank you for that DIY, sometimes you do mess up and getting a shouting from BOB does help, I also wish you all the best with your business, sorry not sure how the reply system works, but hopefully you see this.

Starzsssss

Wayjen - my ratings says it all, I wrote the whole thing wrong, but anyway thank you for the advise, I am not a con artist, and yes I do have a family depending on this income, but *** will provide and I leave this all in his hands now. At the end of the day I am not here to burn anyone or to make anyone look bad, I should of known better, I am a adult, but made a stupid mistake. To all of you keep it cool and honest.

Rambeo

Hear hear to that said wayjen. As for Starszzzz. Keep in mind that you have openly admitted your faults. Thus you will be judged on that. So the point being all transactions you've been involved in will be considered under scrutiny i.e every posted sale, received bid, winning bid and the same goes for purchases you have made would be questioned by all who have read this. As for your losses all advise giving above i.e open you SAPS case and let them deal with it. Unfortunately its out of BoB's hands as you paid the seller directly. I feel for you for this. But the again. 2 bad's don't make a good, as you bid on items with no intention to pay but rather to try gain them from a what would be credit by the sellers husband. You should have negotiated this beforehand and gotten BoB's consent. After all they are the governing body. But anyway good luck to anyway this may pan out for you.

dstorm
BUT if you have a family who depends on you then do the right thing and trade in a responsible manner so you can build up a client base and reputation and the world is your oyster.

Few people could have said it better. While I am not very active on BoB at the moment (will be back soon), I can only say that "repeat business" is what makes you on BoB. If a client bought from you before and received a quality item with quality service, he / she is very likely to buy from you again.

Keep well and regards

Jacques