Sign in to follow this  
TaLamia

Seller not answering questions

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

Hi everyone

I'm interested in a Crazy Wednesday listing and asked a pertinent question that entirely affects the value of the item (asked this yesterday already). Upon posting the question I see that there's a couple more questions by other consumers waiting to be answered. A day later and still no reply on any of the questions. Seems to me like the seller might not want to answer our questions because the answers may lower the apparent value of the item.

This really isn't OK...

I know the only solution to this is "just don't bid then" but it's also quite bad for those who are bidding blindly without the item's full facts...

/rant

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Agree dont bid. There is something fishy......

Edited by YiaYia1
spelling

alloway65    10
alloway65

When questions are not answered promptly the seller usually has something to hide...or the seller is too lazy to answer. Just pass them over and buy from a seller who is a good communicator!

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

Plus I still don't see the need to make a listing discreet when it's something as innocuous as camera equipment :oh: I can understand it for naughty things but this, no.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

On the flip side of the coin... there may be valid reason(s) the Seller has not responded to your inquiry: emergency in family, power outage, time difference, etc. Check Seller's feedback to see their 'history' with Buyers. Compare similar items they may have sold and Buyer satisfaction. I am 'thinking' most Sellers do respond to inquiries in a timely manner, but sometimes the unexpected 'pops up'. If, after weighing everything, you still have that 'niggle', don't bid.

The 'discreet' may have been an error on the part of the Seller. Sometimes, (speaking for myself) when listing a lot of items, I forget to 'unclick' discreet. I usually 'catch it' later on, but sometimes it 'sneaks by'.

Ruthie

alloway65    10
alloway65

We have quite a few "discreet'' coin dealers on BoB!!!